Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 20th, 2013, 06:37 PM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker
Heroscape post got front page on r/gaming!

I just posted a picture of a Heroscape map to Reddit with the title "any love for Heroscape?" That was last night, and it currently has over 1,400 upvotes (on the front page). Everyone is talking about how they used to love the game but no longer own any sets. I posted a link to HSers to try to show them that we still have a great community here. This goes to show that there is still hope!

Thread, if anyone's interested

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez
Old November 20th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape post got front page on r/gaming!

Woot!

The ONLY reason I know it's reddit is due to the "r/" abbreviation.
Old November 20th, 2013, 06:45 PM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post

The ONLY reason I know it's reddit is due to the "r/" abbreviation.
haha, yeah I noticed that I forgot to say it was on reddit, so I edited accordingly

~TheCheez
Old November 20th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExplodingCheez View Post
I just posted a picture of a Heroscape map to Reddit with the title "any love for Heroscape?" That was last night, and it currently has over 1,400 upvotes (on the front page). Everyone is talking about how they used to love the game but no longer own any sets. I posted a link to HSers to try to show them that we still have a great community here. This goes to show that there is still hope!

Thread, if anyone's interested
How soon can we send screenshots to WotC? (Maybe...)
Old November 21st, 2013, 12:02 AM

RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker

Cool map!
Old November 25th, 2013, 05:02 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

3600 upvotes and counting. Sounds like you evoked some great memories for folks.

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old November 25th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I really enjoyed reading through there. I wish they would all come here so we could answer all their questions.

Thank you.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; December 8th, 2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 10:26 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Someone needs to start posting links to Heroscapers at regular intervals; maybe draw some of that interest and traffic over.
Old November 27th, 2013, 04:44 PM
2-Time Online HS Champion

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I will post a link for Online Scape Season 11 over there, now that I know people pay attention to it.
Old December 5th, 2013, 10:32 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Very nice map indeed, especially the way it seems to be floating in mid-air on that glass table top. Is it symmetrical enough for tournament conditions? I love building really high mountains like that, but it takes sooo long to move your units any where without roads and ladders. My vipers would definitely be down below slithering across the water. Did you have a special rule to prevent that?

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Very nice map indeed, especially the way it seems to be floating in mid-air on that glass table top. Is it symmetrical enough for tournament conditions? I love building really high mountains like that, but it takes sooo long to move your units any where without roads and ladders. My vipers would definitely be down below slithering across the water. Did you have a special rule to prevent that?
lol to be honest I just found a picture of that map on google images. I couldn't find any pictures of my maps (all on my old phone, which is now broken :/) so I just uploaded this one

~TheCheez
Old December 8th, 2013, 12:24 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Sorry about your old phone and loosing your photos, but you sure found a good one to post. It reminded me of the floating rocky islands in the "Avatar" movie and has given me an idea to go find a glass topped coffee table at a second hand store to build a future map upon - one with a lot of elevation, and then incorporate into it CryptoKnight's "Sky Battlemat with Rules" from 2011 . . .

http://www.heroscapers.com/community....php?t=38818 b

It should provide an opportunity to bring out a lot of Kyrie and other flying units with the added visual effect of fighting in mid air.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News