Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 6th, 2012, 05:14 PM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!
The Orphanage - (Mostly) Free Figure Exchange

Based on the positive response to the House of Cards, Here's an attempt to set up the same thing for orphaned/unwanted figures.

The Premise:
  • Many 'scapers have orphaned figures -- typically members of incomplete squads -- they don't need.
  • Those same 'scapers are missing some individual squad figures, too.
  • It's hard to find exact matches between two people, where each has the specific orphans the other needs.
  • 'Scapers are honorable and like to pay it forward.
  • Free is good.*
The Plan:
(open to suggestions and revision!)
1. Each participant creates a post listing spare orphans or other figures that they are willing to give away for free*, as well as other orphans that they would like to receive.
  • Be specific about the sculpts. Ideally include an image, even if it's just a stock photo where you say "the fig on the left."
  • Since we are dealing with orphans, I suggest that the default assumption be "army card not included." If you want to give the card away, too, feel free.
* By popular demand, you can also list orphans that you would prefer to trade, as opposed to giving them away for free. Please mark such items clearly (e.g., "trade only") and only do this for orphaned squad figures. (There's already a dedicated thread for general trade items.)
2. To accept one or more orphans, simply...
a. Create your post as in #1 above.

b. Send a PM to another participant, requesting one or more orphans they have offered and providing your shipping address.

c. Ideally, also look at the "wanted" portion of others' posts, and proactively offer to send other participants your matching orphans.
3. All parties update their respective posts, noting how many orphans they have successfully given away and received. (Optionally, list the specific transfers.)
Shipping Costs:
Unlike the House of Cards, in this case sending figures will typically cost at least a few dollars. Thus, I suggest that the recipient offer to pay for shipping. If some folks want to be especially generous and send orphans for free, that's great -- but I don't think it's fair to expect it of everyone.
Other Suggestions:
  • Ideally, folks would seek to keep their trades generous. In other words, don't offer a single Grok Rider orphan, while asking folks to send you their free 3/4 squad of Sacred Band, 2/3 Armocs, etc. At the same time, please do offer up those orphaned Armocs!
  • Unless otherwise noted in your post, figures should be in decent condition. (They need not be mint, but they shouldn't be mangled, missing the base, etc.)
  • While the main purpose of this thread isn't to find direct trades, those are fine too if you happen to want each other's orphans.
~ Grison

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
The Orphanage - HS Figure Exchange
(My available/wanted orphans)

Last edited by Grison; March 13th, 2024 at 06:11 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online