Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old October 4th, 2019, 06:40 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Games Will You Be Purchasing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
What games would you recommend? In particular, I'm interested in people's opinions about Gloomhaven and Scythe.
Are you still looking for opinions? This was a while ago, but I've gone through much of a Gloomhaven campaign so I can definitely talk about that.

I played Scythe once at a convention, so I can answer some basic questions, at least!
Thanks, but I made my choice. I'd still love to hear about Gloomhaven, though.

Old October 4th, 2019, 07:55 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Gloomhaven is the best coop rpg board game out there.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 5th, 2019, 06:00 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just got my shipping notice for Hellenica: Story of Greece. This was a nice surprise, since I was not even originally in the First Wave, but a Preorder. Should have a delivery date soon. This was my most expensive game ever, at $275 with all the bells and whistles. In this case that means over 200 minis and 7 different AIs!

In the meantime I'm doing my first multiplayer of Swords and Sails today, with Tablewalker and another pal. With Mezo also coming this month of October, and the Vulcan and Andorian expansions for Star Trek Ascendancy finally announced for this month as well, its going to be quite a game fest here.

More October Play

I just tried the old Clash of Cultures that a comrade purchased recently. I enjoyed it, especially that we all played different strategies but came in with close scores! Next week I'm scheduled to play a pal's new Black Rose Wars. (Also next week Heroscape with The New York City Gang of Four to playtest some new customs--see my signature line for details). For the day before Halloween, I'm down for the same friend's new Vast 2, which is set in a haunted house instead of a cavern. Spooky, with one player being the house itself!
Old October 11th, 2019, 06:56 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I've done it again--Preordered a Kickstarter when its just being delivered. This time its Rurik: Dawn of Kiev, a multiplayer Euro. I'm particularly interested in the Kievan Rus, since I have great grandparents from the area, and now they are covered in two new games, the other being the earlier mentioned Swords & Sails. This time 11th Century local princes are battling for domination of the area, using a new mechanic called the Programmed Auction, and others. I just found it by going halfway through the 1,000 plus items on the BGG Essen Preview List.

Rurik has a Russian designer (he lives here in the US) and a Ukrainian artist. If only nations could cooperate with each other politically as easily as we do in the hobby (sigh)!
Old October 28th, 2019, 04:15 PM

Guys,

I've given in to my love of Victorian London (and my English grandfather) and Preordered Nanty Narking (Phalanx; 2-4 Players/1 Hour; BGG Rated 8.0, by Martin Wallace) whose Kickstarter finished recently, and was just at Essen. That's Victorian slang for "Good Times." Its due out in November, which is now hard upon us!

NN reimplements Discworld: Ankh-Morpork the SciFi series, with a broader theme. There is tons of info about this reworked design on Boardgamegeek. It has beautiful atmospheric minis and cards, and is played on a map of London with the major neighborhoods marked out. Play a famous Victorian character from history or story, and try and accomplish his/her unique win conditions while preventing others from performing their own nefarious and mysterious goal!
Old November 10th, 2019, 04:36 AM

Just picked up an unplayed copy of Star Wars Rebellion for only $20 from a pal! I've played and lost the game thrice (twice as the Rebels), two times back when it came out in 2016 and once recently. I couldn't say no at that price! Its one of the best, possibly the best Star Wars game out there.

(Edit) Rise of the Empire, the expansion, just showed up too!

Last edited by chas; November 23rd, 2019 at 04:27 AM.
Old November 10th, 2019, 09:09 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've had that one for a while but haven't really gotten it to the table much at all because I don't play two player competitive games very often in my crowd.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 10th, 2019, 03:59 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Rebellion is one of my all time favorites. It nails the merger of theme and mechanics high perfectly.

Running missions is so much fun, and having the massive space battles led by the heroes is just so cool. We had this one massive military campaign with Admiral Yularen chasing Admiral Ackbar's fleet halfway across the galaxy. No matter who actually is winning, it's just such a rich experience. Hard to hit the table though since it's long and only 2 player.
Old November 10th, 2019, 06:55 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'll be getting used versions of Blood Rage ($40.00) and 1775 Rebellion ($20.00) soon.

Old November 11th, 2019, 04:23 AM

TW:

Was very happy to hear this when you told me earlier, since you really like both games. I'm always glad to share stuff I enjoy--being retired, that's what I do!
Old November 11th, 2019, 04:29 AM

Eastern European themed games are coming out now more than ever. I recently got Swords and Sails and Rurik: Dawn of Kiev. A pal just put me onto a new Kickstarter about to launch on Titans from Poland. Its historical/fantasy set in the 17th Century world of With Fire and Sword (the Polish national epic). The four player powers are The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Russia, Turkey, and Sweden!

(Edit) And now the Holy Roman Empire (Austria) in the new Fifth Player Expansion. Also Cossack mercenaries and The Undead, etc.

Last edited by chas; November 23rd, 2019 at 04:28 AM.
Old November 26th, 2019, 06:38 AM

My FLGS got in the new Star Trek Ascendancy Vulcans and Andorians yesterday. I'll pick them up today, and play them Saturday. This includes the extra ship/control node packs and the Andorian Star Bases. Very nice.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Due here in December are Nanty Narking (Preorder) and Mezo (Kickstarter).

Last edited by chas; December 6th, 2019 at 04:35 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games