Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old February 25th, 2010, 11:44 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Wolverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
I want Wolvie and Sabretooth to be different sides of the same coin. Wolvie's more defensive and controlled, but he's still a brawler. (I never much cared for the idea that he's some super-talented martial artist. I like the Wolvie who never goes down because his skeleton and healing factor make up for his lack of skill long enough for him to gut you....but that's just me.)
I agree; that's how I envision Wolverine as well.

Quote:
Adamantium Skeleton is worded in such a way that you still need a shield to get the "one shield defense" part of it, but the blanks can keep you from whiffing entirely. The "blocks" wording is used on the Sentinels of Jandar, so I felt ok with using it here.
So if I'm reading you right, with Adamantium Skeleton only "true" shields activate the second part of the ability? If that's the case, you may want to stray a little from official wording (blasphemy, I know) and refer to them as "true" or "actual" shields to avoid confusion.
Old February 25th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Velenne's Custom SuperHeroScape

Natural shields?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 25th, 2010, 11:53 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

That would work, too.
Old February 26th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Natural shields?
Sounds natural.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 26th, 2010, 10:52 AM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Becuase I never thought to compare Thing and Collossus before, I dug through my Marvel Universe Gamers Handbook collection to check.

Collossus actually has greater impact protection than THING, unless your dealing with THING during is spiky phase, and then their impact protection is about equal.

As an odd note, they listed thing being to utilize his super strength to make a "hyper breath" attack, which I would translate to about a strength 2 ranged special attack that probably affected a few adjacent hexes. You know that gives me a neat idea to base a THING custom on....(runs of to develop a thing custom..)
Old February 26th, 2010, 11:13 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Natural shields?
Sounds natural.
Changed.

After more consideration, I bumped Colossus to 190. Without increasing his dice or giving him some sort of multi-attack, I can't see him getting any higher than that.

Updates are made to the first post of the thread, btw, which contains spoiler quotes for all 5 characters so far. (I'm planning to find a Bishop and Ghost Rider here real soon. Love those guys.)
Old February 26th, 2010, 11:34 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd be very weary of mixing one shield defense and regeneration. You have a scenario where you create a character who is easily completely unkillable by a specific (and in this case, high costed) type of character. Wolverine's pretty tough, but I don't know if he should be able to simply ignore a fully enraged Hulk 80% of the time.
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:09 PM

artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker

The Wolverine custom powers are pretty simple and accurate to what his character is. If there is a way to avoid it, I tend to shy away from powers that essentially up the defense on a character without doing anything else. Regeneration is one thing, as it is a totally different game mechanic and serves a purpose outside of blocking wounds. But giving him blank spaces as blocks is really kinda just like giving him 1 more defense die. As has already been noted you might want to rethink 1 shield defense combined with regeneration. Think of it this way: Put all your order markers on Wolverine. Most of the time(not sure of the actual %) with 4
defense and 1 shield defense he won't take more than 1 wound. Then he heals a wound, all the while taking turns inbetween. Tank is not even the right word for it. Outside of figures with defense bypass powers he's gonna wup about anybody, and then wup anybody again in the same game.

CORVUS
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:24 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemiscorso View Post
Most of the time(not sure of the actual %) with 4
defense and 1 shield defense he won't take more than 1 wound.
80% assuming a 1:3 odds of rolling a shield.
94% if you bump the odds to 1:2.
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:54 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Eclipse has a good point. I'm sure that would come up in gameplay; him just being impossible to kill.

Maybe what I need to do is up it from "one shield defense" to something like "two shield defense", or 3? Or say if he rolls all shields, he blocks all damage???
Old February 26th, 2010, 03:19 PM
regurgitation cynic

Quote:
Eclipse has a good point. I'm sure that would come up in gameplay; him just being impossible to kill.

Maybe what I need to do is up it from "one shield defense" to something like "two shield defense", or 3? Or say if he rolls all shields, he blocks all damage???
I'd argue maybe you've got the wrong thematic angle in mind. When I picture Wolverine, I think more of a guy who can take lots of little swipes so to take down you have to display an overwhelming force. If you want to knock him out you have to hit him point blank with a full power sentinel blast, rip him into little pieces, or set him in the middle of a nuclear blast. Anything else is just a waste of time.

I think that's the problem with any variation of one shield defense on the guy. One shield defense says "I don't care if Galactus just punched me in the face, what else you got?" The size of the hit doesn't matter, they can take it, crack their neck and keep going.

I think what you want to go with is actually Tough. Tough says "you think those twigs are going to slow me down?" and lets a guy ignore a whole bunch of little hits, but does little to nothing against a blast from the Infinity Gauntlet. I think you might find Tough more in line with the character personally. I also think I just talked myself into added tough to my version of the guy.
Old February 26th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
I also think I just talked myself into added tough to my version of the guy.
I couldn't count the number of times I've done something similar to this.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations