Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old February 25th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Velenne's Custom SuperHeroScape

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Three Card Monte sounds cool ... I suppose it'd be broken to allow for a 4 attack deadly shot ... ?
You could always "start with 5 dice" but not allow the player to roll more than 3 at a time... Then call it

5 CARD DRAW
Special Attack

I would probably go that direction for C3G if I could.
Old February 25th, 2010, 01:29 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Three Card Monte sounds cool ... I suppose it'd be broken to allow for a 4 attack deadly shot ... ?
You could always "start with 5 dice" but not allow the player to roll more than 3 at a time... Then call it

5 CARD DRAW
Special Attack

I would probably go that direction for C3G if I could.
Broken? Almost never. But it would up his cost a tad and I could go back to calling it "Aces Wild". I'll probably try it both ways with him.

I could try it with 3, 4, and 5 dice in different games but right now I'm just testing enough things! Testing these guys might have to wait a bit. 5 might be a bit much though.

I posted COLOSSUS back on the first page but I think it might have been missed.
Old February 25th, 2010, 01:58 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wolverine

Spoiler Alert!

The hardest part of this card was figuring out a class for Logan. I mean, the guy's been everything! Soldier? Samurai? Hunter? I eventually just settled on the ubiquitous "Warrior".

I want Wolvie and Sabretooth to be different sides of the same coin. Wolvie's more defensive and controlled, but he's still a brawler. (I never much cared for the idea that he's some super-talented martial artist. I like the Wolvie who never goes down because his skeleton and healing factor make up for his lack of skill long enough for him to gut you....but that's just me.)

Adamantium Skeleton is worded in such a way that you still need a shield to get the "one shield defense" part of it, but the blanks can keep you from whiffing entirely. The "blocks" wording is used on the Sentinels of Jandar, so I felt ok with using it here.
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Wow, I just found this thread. Velenne, it's great to see you jump in and get some cool customs out there. I will have to look closer later when I have more time, but so far they look really cool and seem thematic with the characters.

vBulletin Message You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Velenne again.

+rep (when I can again) for jumping into this with both feet.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:25 PM

Cable

Spoiler Alert!

Cable was by far the hardest figure to design. He just has sooooo many powers. I imagine it was similar to designing a figure for Magneto, or Superman. Where do you start?

You could make the case that Sgt. Drake (SotM) is the best Scape equivelant to Cable. So I tried to make a more ranged analogue to that. A few things signature to Cable: his guns, his leadership, his tecnological affinity, and his trademark line. But I also wanted something new and interesting to Heroscape. Teleporting with a buddy is fun.

I wanted to do something with psionics, but it all seemed either trite, too weak to be of any use, or filled his card with too much text. I'm not even sure how to approach that, so I'll just leave it out for now.

Last edited by Velenne; February 25th, 2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
BODYSLIDE BY TWO
Once per game, instead of moving Cable normally, you may choose any adjacent friendly figure and an empty space within 8 spaces of Cable. Place Cable on the chosen space, and the chosen figure adjacent to Cable. When Cable or the chosen figure starts to Teleport Bodyslide, if they are engaged they will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Fixed
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Okay, I was able to look at Colossus and I like his powers and pretty much his stats. However IMO he should be a little tougher defensively. He's one whiff away from death from a 4 skull attack and most supers should be able to roll 4 skulls on occasion and Colossus shouldn't be able to get killed that easily IMO. He can take a direct hit from a 110mm howitzer, survive a collision with a loaded 1 ton flatbed truck at 100mph and also survive an explosion of 450lb of TNT. The 5 def with each shield counting as another is cool, but I think he should have a life of perhaps 6.

One thing that might be cool as far as a thematic weakness might be to add a line for Osmium Body saying that he has Vibranium Weakness. I believe his body changes back to flesh when attacked with Vibranium. It would also be a cool weakness for Klaw. This way, Black Panther can have a line in a power of his saying that "opponent's with Vibranium Weakness roll 2 few denfese dice" or something thereabouts.

Perhaps Fastball Special could have him roll 1 undefendable attack die and each skull counts as one additional hit. I would think that throwing a 200lb-1000lb teammate could really do some damage if it it home.

Those just some thoughts of mine, take them for what they're worth. I just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Old February 25th, 2010, 10:38 PM

I hear what you're saying and I'm with you on the life thing, Hahma. I'll test him with 6 and if gets to be too tough to bring him down, maybe bring it down to 5.

I'm not sure what a "Vibranium Weakness" description would read like. It's not like a terrain weakness, but something some other card in the future would have. While the weakness is definitely part of the character, I think it might be too situational to warrant putting on the card.

I had considered giving the "fastball" a free normal attack on the opponent's figure, but I thought that might be too much text and it might cause some weird situations. I'm hesitant to ever use undefendable attacks (one of the reasons I'm hesitant to use the Knockback rules), so I thought 1 dice was pretty generous.

I hugely appreciate yours, and anyone's, input. Please, by all means keep them coming!

I need to go back and clean up some wordings.
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd try out the Knockback rules a couple of times before deciding they're unbalanced. I'm pretty confident in the lightness of the touch there.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 25th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Prickly Cactus

I was thinking too much C3G way when referring to Vibranium weakness, since we've been adding them and resistances here and there. So you might want to leave it off.

I hear what your saying about the Fastball Special and not wanting it to be too powerful.

As far as how tough Colossus should be I guess think about where you might have The Thing. From the Official Handbook of Marvel Universe descriptions, they seem to be comparable, though Colossus can withstand much greater ranges of temperature changes. But impact wise, they could be similar, so I guess I'd personally put them in the same ballpark as far as how I view their survivability in Superheroscape should be.

Old February 25th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think that's one of those ones where Martian Manhunter technically is as powerful as Superman but he's never really played that way and doesn't come off that way iconically.
If I saw a Colossus as powerful as The Thing, it just wouldn't seem right to me ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 25th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Well I didn't mean so much as powerful all around, just defensively. I'd have The Thing be more of an offensive brute. Kind of like Hulk/Abomination relationship (not their powers or cost, just how they can be similar in some ways yet one is clearly more powerful offensively). I guess I just don't see a hero that can lift 70 tons and take all the abuse that he can, be a 175 point figure.(unless perhaps The Thing was 200 points ).

Last edited by Hahma; February 26th, 2010 at 07:17 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations