Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old January 10th, 2008, 10:04 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Castle assault strategy that works well

Hey everyone heres my on a castle assault strategy. Just to let you know right off the bat that this has always really worked for me. First off you have to have the right team. So ill list a good 500 and a 600 since thats what we usually battle around. From there add what else you want after you have finished reading. Any units with a * you have to have for this strategy to work.

500 army
Theracus* 50
Saylind* 80
Major Q9* 180
Venoc Warlord 120
any filler

600 army
Theracus* 50
Saylind* 80
Mimring* 150
Venoc warlord* 120
Major Q9* 180
any filler

Alright now lets get down to it heres the basic setup I suggest to have you're figures in. At the front put Theracus and Saylind together. Major 9 right behind then Venoc in the back. IF you have mimring put him to the left of Theracus right in front of Q. Alright now when the game starts off you want to follow these instructions.
1 send Theracus out as fast as possible to the castle and keep him behind cover. Do this as much as you need while carrying Saylind. Then in one round send him in let Saylind try to summon up Q9 onto an available High ground spot. If it fails be ready to have Theracus pull out one full move. Then on you're next round strike let saylind try to summon again then pull out.

2 now these are the possible scenarios that you're in.
1 no one is summoned and the two are hiding.
2 no one is summoned and they are killed.
3 someone is summoned and you are hiding
4 someone is summoned and the strikers are dead
5 two biggies in a 600 point army is summoned and you're hiding
6 two biggies are summoned and you're strikers are dead.

If you're in 4,or 6 you're ok just do what damage you can hold the door and start bringing in other guys. Then just fight.

If you're in 1 keep striking and trying to summon until you're in 2,3,or 4 and then follow that advice.

If you're in 3 then you're gold. Just follow the advice of the 4,and 6 also
using the strikers to summon others into the castle and support you're biggie.

If you're in 2 you're screwed and should just do what you can on you're own

if you're in 5 you're really good and follow the advice of condition 3.

Now make sure if you do summon in you're first run or so that you are calling in Q and/or Mimring. This is the whole point of the strategy. Rush you're fast guys call in you're best by saylind and start pounding them in there own castle. This easily gets you 3 figures in there defense and you can immediately give them death while you call in more attackers and move in you're other guys. This gives an over all good match that you're opponent cant easily counter due to the speed and sheer force in it. If executed right and a little luck this strategy should let you get a good advantage and win the game. Its never failed for me.

Well anyway let me know what you think guys advice is always great.

Chief

Record Count Since First Tourney
Wins 45 Losses 52
Old January 11th, 2008, 07:19 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Sounds good but not unheard of. I just don't see why you have to use Theracus. Saylind can already fly and has 3 less movement. I would much rather take out the warlord and theracus and make something like this:

Saylind: 80
Major Q9: 180
Rats x3: 120
Kaemon Awa: 120

Same basic strategy but now Saylind doesn't just sit there as much. She also summons Kaemon Awa, maybe some rats to guard the top of the castle. Kaemon Awa can deal with melee units too. The rats just hold down the enemy so they can get through and Q9 can shoot them. Just my on your

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Theracus costs 40 points, right?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 11th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Yes. I definitely see the value of using him to get Saylind up (total 230 point investment), especially since he might take wounds that would have been meant for Saylind. He is easier to sacrifice, like the first stage of a rocket.

Old January 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker
Quote:
Yes. I definitely see the value of using him to get Saylind up (total 230 point investment), especially since he might take wounds that would have been meant for Saylind. He is easier to sacrifice, like the first stage of a rocket.
Isn't that a 120 point investment?
Old January 11th, 2008, 06:01 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorific
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker
Quote:
Isn't that a 120 point investment?
yep 120

Record Count Since First Tourney
Wins 45 Losses 52
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:06 PM

Chico Misterioso is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Castle assault strategy that works well

This might be a stupid question, but is this strategy for defending or attacking a castle?

"Tell my tale to those who ask it. Tell it truly, the evil deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence." -Dinobot (Beast Wars)
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's for attacking the castle. By using Theracus to ferry Saylind, and having the Venoc Warlord add to Theracus' movement (via being a scout) you can get there pretty darn quick. Then it's a matter of being able to (hopefully) summon the Major or Kaemon or whomever it is you wish to summon.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:56 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Attacking. The goal is to summon figures up.

Frankly, I can't see how you can justify an extra 160 points (Theracus + Venoc Warlord) just to increase Saylind's speed by 3. Particularly when you can't even use Theracus for the final leg if you want to summon on that order marker.

In the original army, you really only have one big hitter to feed order markers to: that's Major Q9. Now, if you're only going to have one, that's a good one, but he won't beat most armies single-handedly. I think that if you're looking for armies that can take the wall without using ladders or breaking down the door, there are lots of better options. For instance, if I were using Saylind, I would use the points freed up by axing Theracus/Mittens to give Saylind more big hitters to summon. I'd rather have Raelin and Skahen, to take one example.

Another option in the summoning category would be to go elf-crazy.

The elf wizard posse "works" if you just throw Theracus in there to get you up the wall. The base would be:

40 Theracus
50 Arkmer
80 Emirroon
20 Kyntela Gwyn
150 Ulginesh

Then you could add either more wizards (Jorhdawn/Chardris/Morsbane), and/or Syvarris, or squads of Aubrien Archers, or Raelin.

Or, you could go Archer crazy, leaving off most of the wizard posse:

40 Theracus
120 Venoc Warlord (useful now for the frenzy bonus!)
80 Emirroon
20 Kyntela Gwyn
80 Raelin RotV
210 Aubrien Archers x3

Frankly, though, all these strategies depend on getting the summoner up on top of the wall alive, and that's a sketchy proposition. For castle assault, you're probably better off with the big hitters who can get on top all by themselves:

210 Braxas
185 Niflheim
110 Airborne Elite

No castle defender wants to see that coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Clerics in D&D are not adept at fighting.

Online Heroscape!

Last edited by dok; March 19th, 2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old March 20th, 2009, 01:48 AM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

I think anyone would see Saylind in that army and do everything to kill her off or at least keep her from landing on the top. Once Saylind is out of the way there's little hope for the attacker.

I don't think there's a better "storm the castle" army than the Vampires.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old March 20th, 2009, 01:35 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie View Post
I think anyone would see Saylind in that army and do everything to kill her off or at least keep her from landing on the top. Once Saylind is out of the way there's little hope for the attacker.
Yeah, that's the conclusion I came to as well. I explored a few different options with Saylind and with Theracus+Emirroon, but in the end you are depending on one relatively frail figure to stay alive, or else your entire strategy falls apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie View Post
I don't think there's a better "storm the castle" army than the Vampires.
I think the card that wins "most enhanced by being involved in a castle attack" is the Airborne Elite, but Cyprien and the rest of the vampires are absolutely up there, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Clerics in D&D are not adept at fighting.

Online Heroscape!
Old March 20th, 2009, 07:51 PM

PlasmaScaper 2.0 is surprisingly tart

In my , the best figure in a castle storming army is Nilfheim. Swoops in, massacres the defenders. Then have some other powerful figure (Krug being my favorite for his low cost) bash in the door. The enemy will be backed into a corner.

Posts by me are rare occasions. I mostly hang around other places these days, but I come here every once in a while.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles