Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old March 7th, 2014, 02:47 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Does Music Affect Who You Are?

This is a fun topic.

Let me start by saying I'm a Music Composition major, so it's kind of a requirement that I listen to multiple styles of music. Maybe I'm bias when I say this, but I do think music can affect who you are or how you act, but only to a certain extent. I'm generally very calm, very relaxed, and very happy. I never yell or really get mad about anything. This is because I'm always either playing music, listening to music, and/or thinking about music. Of course music is my hobby and my career and my passion. It's how I know to relieve stress. So I suppose I am bias.

My professors are also the stereotypes of whatever they teach: The guitar instructor has long hair, the piano instructor is nice but strict and rigorous, the (male) choir instructor is really fruity (for lack of a better term), and the composition instructor is radical and extremely unorthodox.

I can't help but think that my instructors would be different if they were in a different field of music than what they're currently in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
I despise rap music, with a passion.
Any reason?
Does anyone really need a reason?
Well, yes actually. I totally understand however if it's as simple as 'I don't like the sound' or 'I think the lyrics of most Rap songs are worthless'. While the second one is pretty much only true about mainstream rap, I'm not going to disagree with your personal preferences.
I don't generally enjoy rap just because it's not really an interest of mine. The only rap group I consistently listen to is Rage Against the Machine, but even so they're considered a rap/metal hybrid. While I don't necessarily like most rap, I can appreciate the lyrical intricacies and metaphors. Take Eminem for example: I don't listen to him because I don't really like what he raps about. However, I like his voice and I can appreciate his lyrics.

To me, being a Music Composition major, that's what it boils down to with just about any genre of music. You don't have to like it, but you should at least find something that you can appreciate about it (except country. No one likes country).

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Old March 7th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
My thoughts on this subject mirror what several other people have posted, that music doesn't effect who you are per se, but it can reinforce/incite feelings and behaviors.

As to lyrics influencing you, here are my two replies:
I don't listen to lyrics.
I don't only listen to carol of the bells around Christmas time. I also don't only here people listening to Taylor Swift when they're breaking up. In my opinion, all the singer adds is more depth to the tune. Unless it's Rap, in which case it's an entirely different ball game. Which leads me to:

Quote:
Any reason?
I just feel like my IQ level drops 10 points whenever I hear rap music playing.
I was kind of hoping for a more explanatory and realistic answer...
Old March 8th, 2014, 10:05 AM

Owlman is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My thoughts on this subject mirror what several other people have posted, that music doesn't effect who you are per se, but it can reinforce/incite feelings and behaviors.

As to lyrics influencing you, here are my two replies:
I don't listen to lyrics.
I don't only listen to carol of the bells around Christmas time. I also don't only here people listening to Taylor Swift when they're breaking up. In my opinion, all the singer adds is more depth to the tune. Unless it's Rap, in which case it's an entirely different ball game. Which leads me to:

Quote:
Any reason?
I just feel like my IQ level drops 10 points whenever I hear rap music playing.
I was kind of hoping for a more explanatory and realistic answer...
Nope, just that. I feel stupid when I listen to it. Granted, I'm sure they're are different types of rap (?), but what I've heard, I dislike intensely.

Be polite: Don't tell other people not to put politics or religion in their signature
Old March 8th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post

To me, being a Music Composition major, that's what it boils down to with just about any genre of music. You don't have to like it, but you should at least find something that you can appreciate about it (except country. No one likes country).
Oooh, low blow. It gets rather lonely being no one, though.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old March 9th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I do enjoy country, not the visual part of it but the music itself. But not "modern country" for example if you look the "country" category at NRJ Music Awards it's not country at all to me.
But I enjoy banjo and chicken picking guitar, it's fun and very useful in order to impress people with a guitar.

Old March 9th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
But I enjoy banjo and chicken picking guitar, it's fun and very useful in order to impress people with a guitar.
I live in Charlie Daniels' home town and our county fair has some of the best banjo and chicken picking guitar you'll hear. We love going to the bluegrass competition every year.

~Aldin, with eclectic music tastes

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 12th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Hawkeyed spam Trapper

Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker

I just had some free time today and noticed this.
Music I found does effect the type of person I am 8 months ago you might not believe that I'm the same person, here's where it began. I bought my self a new phone from a senior(I'm a freshman) and it already had music on it and I didn't have any money to get new songs. On the way to school It takes 1 hour for my bus to go to school so to block out all the middle schoolers I listen to that music (it's been about a month). Now people say that I used to be more innocent at the beginning of the year, I'm not acting like myself ,I curse more. After school before track when I cross to the girls side me and my friend her and I play the music loud and sing to it outside. The types of songs on it are The Show Goes on, A$$, Super Bass, Pursuit of Happiness, Fire Burning, F***ing Problem, etc. ever sine I began listening to those songs I began to act differently curse frequently even how I walk and talk. The main point of this is that the types of songs effect who you are I now act almost like a street person I care maybe 5% less about school.

Alex Karasavidis

Instagram: Alex_karasavidis

This is a calf The best heroscape player ever in the world

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=49181
Old April 12th, 2014, 04:43 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Teenage Punks Are Not Uncommon...

I'd hate to say it Alex, but that could just be part of growing up?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 12th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Hawkeyed spam Trapper

Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker Alex Karasavidis knows what's in an order marker

True, could also be like the 3 sophomores I'm trying to be like.

Old April 12th, 2014, 07:18 PM
worthless thread clother

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Karasavidis View Post
This explains a great deal:

soph·o·mor·ic

adjective \ˌsäf-ˈmȯr-ik, -ˈmär- also ˌsȯf- or ˌsä-fə- or ˌsȯ-fə-\ : having or showing a lack of emotional maturity : foolish and immature

Next Generation

Old April 12th, 2014, 09:57 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I just had some free time today and noticed this.
Music I found does effect the type of person I am 8 months ago you might not believe that I'm the same person, here's where it began. I bought my self a new phone from a senior(I'm a freshman) and it already had music on it and I didn't have any money to get new songs. On the way to school It takes 1 hour for my bus to go to school so to block out all the middle schoolers I listen to that music (it's been about a month). Now people say that I used to be more innocent at the beginning of the year, I'm not acting like myself ,I curse more. After school before track when I cross to the girls side me and my friend her and I play the music loud and sing to it outside. The types of songs on it are The Show Goes on, A$$, Super Bass, Pursuit of Happiness, Fire Burning, F***ing Problem, etc. ever sine I began listening to those songs I began to act differently curse frequently even how I walk and talk. The main point of this is that the types of songs effect who you are I now act almost like a street person I care maybe 5% less about school.

Alex Karasavidis

Instagram: Alex_karasavidis
So you do think it's the music, or do you think more because you want to be like the sophomores? Which would you blame more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I'd hate to say it Alex, but that could just be part of growing up?
Growing up is confuzzling.

Quote:
...There are hundreds of 'em out there who talk like me, cuss like me, who just don't give a **** like me, who just might be the next best things, but not quite me. (I know I missed a few lines, but that's like the only Eminem song I don't know by heart)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

Quote:
This explains a great deal:

soph·o·mor·ic

adjective \ˌsäf-ˈmȯr-ik, -ˈmär- also ˌsȯf- or ˌsä-fə- or ˌsȯ-fə-\ : having or showing a lack of emotional maturity : foolish and immature
... well you learn something new everyday.

~JS

Last edited by Joseph Sweeney; April 12th, 2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old April 13th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Hawkeyed spam Trapper

Quote:
So you do think it's the music, or do you think more because you want to be like the sophomores? Which would you blame more?
I probably blame the older guys and girls.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General