Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 28th, 2014, 03:16 PM

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Reaper Kobolds (Design/Brainstorm

The big combos will be Raelin and Jotun I think. That's what may need to be our focus during testing. (and I will do some playtests, I do have a lot of stuff to do though.)

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; January 28th, 2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old January 28th, 2014, 04:21 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Starting anywhere from 40-50 makes sense to me.

I think Raelin v1, Ulfrid, Shurrak, and Concan builds will be the strongest. I'm interested to see how well Jotun and Taelord armies fare.

List of Warrior Heroes:

Atlaga- A ranged flier is powerful, but low life and swingy powers makes Atlaga outclassed by other Kyrie.
Concan- Good stats, plus an enhancement power for adjacent Kobolds. Definitely a solid hero.
Kiova- Outclassed by Concan except in specific roles (like when you really need a Stealth Flier).
Jotun- Still overpriced with a huge target on his head, but the Kobolds may provide a solid screen for him.
Kelda- Worthless unless you have other heroes in your army.
Raelin v1- The kobolds' strongest option, by far, I think.
Raelin v2- This Raelin allows your kobolds to spread out a bit more, but Whirlwind Attack is wasted and she's 40 points extra. Not worth it, IMO.
Runa- Too swingy to be viable.
Saylind- Too swingy to be viable.
Shurrak- A big target, but a solid choice of Warrior. Shurrak can already stand on his own, so this combination will be strong.
Taelord- This sounds fun & strong, but Taelord is still overpriced in melee. He'll promote the same strategy as Raelin + Kobolds, but more aggressive.
Tyrian- Low life and too fragile to be viable here.
Ulfrid- Strong defense with the ability to self-wound. Ulfrid will be a strong choice.
Old January 29th, 2014, 07:27 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

If we're going forward with warrior synergy I'd like to test how Dreadguls+Jotun+Kobolds would do.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 01:24 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

So this seems to be the current design we're looking at:

Quote:
KOBOLDS OF IDONA KEEP

GENERAL: Jandar
SPECIES: Kobold
UNIQUENESS: Common Squad
CLASS: Sentinels
PERSONALITY: Loyal
SIZE/HEIGHT: Small 2

LIFE: 1 (3 figures)
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 2
DEFENSE: 2

WARRIOR'S DEVOTION
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Warrior Hero you control to be the Kobolds of Idona Keep's Master. When taking a turn with the Kobolds of Idona Keep, you may move and attack with 1 additional Kobold for each Wound Marker on the chosen Master's Army Card. There can be only one Master for all Kobolds of Idona Keep you control. Kobolds of Idona Keep cannot attack their chosen Master.

MOB ATTACK
When attacking with a Kobold of Idona Keep you control, if the defending figure is engaged with at least 2 other Kobolds of Idona Keep you control, it subtracts 2 from its defense dice.

SCALE
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Kobolds of Idona Keep may add 2 to their height.
Are we all satisfied with this? Are we ready to move on to playtesting?

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old February 2nd, 2014, 01:41 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I like that design a lot and I think it's ready for playtesting.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 01:42 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
So this seems to be the current design we're looking at:

Quote:
KOBOLDS OF IDONA KEEP

GENERAL: Jandar
SPECIES: Kobold
UNIQUENESS: Common Squad
CLASS: Sentinels
PERSONALITY: Loyal
SIZE/HEIGHT: Small 2

LIFE: 1 (3 figures)
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 2
DEFENSE: 2

WARRIOR'S DEVOTION
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Warrior Hero you control to be the Kobolds of Idona Keep's Master. When taking a turn with the Kobolds of Idona Keep, you may move and attack with 1 additional Kobold for each Wound Marker on the chosen Master's Army Card. There can be only one Master for all Kobolds of Idona Keep you control. Kobolds of Idona Keep cannot attack their chosen Master.

MOB ATTACK
When attacking with a Kobold of Idona Keep you control, if the defending figure is engaged with at least 2 other Kobolds of Idona Keep you control, it subtracts 2 from its defense dice.

SCALE
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Kobolds of Idona Keep may add 2 to their height.
Are we all satisfied with this? Are we ready to move on to playtesting?
Yes, I think this is good and it is ready to move to play testing. I don't think we figured out what card we would use, but that can be decided later.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old February 2nd, 2014, 01:44 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yes, that looks good to me. Definitely happy moving forward with it... if there's no objections I'll shift this thread to "playtesting mode" soon.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 04:58 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

I too think playtesting is ready. I am eager to see how their point cost is refined, I have a gut feeling that 50 may be too high, but I am not opposed to being wrong about this feeling.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old February 2nd, 2014, 05:27 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds good!
Old February 2nd, 2014, 05:31 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm still not sure about the name, though that can be voted on after...
Playtesting!
Old February 2nd, 2014, 06:16 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

What do you think about excluding Merciful?

Would Kobolds side with a Merciful Master and does Heroscape need another reason to play Raelin(I)?

Tornado was the Nagrub thought bubble above the head of Brunak...
in THE MYCELOID MANOR
Old February 2nd, 2014, 06:28 PM

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
What do you think about excluding Merciful?

Would Kobolds side with a Merciful Master and does Heroscape need another reason to play Raelin(I)?
That sounds a little too customy. I'm pretty sure that SOV would reject that (see Phavin Nhaz).

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards