Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 16th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroes of 'Scape (RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
I just looked through the game guide. I'm definitely going to try this out. I would suggest adding some artwork though, even a little color would make the guide stand out a lot more.
Believe me I would, but the pinnacle of my creative genes went into stuff like this. I have no artistic sense at all
Old October 16th, 2010, 04:07 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
I just looked through the game guide. I'm definitely going to try this out. I would suggest adding some artwork though, even a little color would make the guide stand out a lot more.
Believe me I would, but the pinnacle of my creative genes went into stuff like this. I have no artistic sense at all

Same here.

EDIT: Downloaded and updated my HoS folder. Actually, it was quite impressive how you manage to only increase the page count by about one, when you added in several new races AND several new classes! Good job!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 16th, 2010, 04:41 PM

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Actually, it was quite impressive how you manage to only increase the page count by about one, when you added in several new races AND several new classes!
And an even more impressive feat that isn't quite as obvious yet is the extra room for additions. Although the number of pages stayed nearly the same, there is more space to add more abilities as they are created. In the old format, I was at the limit with nearly every Class. One or two more abilities would have put just about every Class onto the next page, but I could easily add 5 or 6 new abilities to most of the classes now and still keep the same number of pages

I just hope that I don't turn away any of your friends from the game thinking the new format is too confusing...
Old October 16th, 2010, 06:40 PM

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Actually, it was quite impressive how you manage to only increase the page count by about one, when you added in several new races AND several new classes!
And an even more impressive feat that isn't quite as obvious yet is the extra room for additions. Although the number of pages stayed nearly the same, there is more space to add more abilities as they are created. In the old format, I was at the limit with nearly every Class. One or two more abilities would have put just about every Class onto the next page, but I could easily add 5 or 6 new abilities to most of the classes now and still keep the same number of pages

I just hope that I don't turn away any of your friends from the game thinking the new format is too confusing...

Heh. I think my brother's lvl 3 Warforged Force Mage will like the fact that he can now use the 4 attack Mage Sword! (I'm aiding him with a lvl 3 warforged Champion)

Old October 16th, 2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Heh. I think my brother's lvl 3 Warforged Force Mage will like the fact that he can now use the 4 attack Mage Sword! (I'm aiding him with a lvl 3 warforged Champion)
I'm confused, so is he a Wizard or a Champion? What other special powers did he take?

Also, the Battle 1 blog entry now has pictures!
Old October 16th, 2010, 07:12 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

I've been wondering on the dragonborn, why is that considered a non-natural race? wouldn't it just be easier to start as one?

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
my modest custom units and terrain
Old October 16th, 2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByUtgar View Post
I've been wondering on the dragonborn, why is that considered a non-natural race? wouldn't it just be easier to start as one?
That's mostly for theme. No one is born a Dragonborn, you must become one through a ritual that involves praying to a dragon and turning into an egg, or some nonsense like that. I guess its not that important until I find some reason to make the Racial ability of a Dragonborn different from a Human. Its hard to make that call with only one Dragonborn Heroscape figure to reference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyu
Also, the Battle 1 blog entry now has pictures!
Old October 16th, 2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm confused, so is he a Wizard or a Champion? What other special powers did he take?
He's a wizard. I'm a champion.

Level 1: He took Force Orb 1 for 1 point.
Level 2: He took Force Orb 2 for 1 point, and Mage Sword 1 for 1 point.
Level 3: He took the next rank of Mage Sword for two points and Mage Armor 1 for one point.

If I'm misunderstanding something here, please tell me.

Old October 16th, 2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Level 3: He took the next rank of Mage Sword for two points and Mage Armor 1 for one point.

Nope, that sounds right. I was confused by what you said about helping him with a Warforged Champion. I didn't realize that both of you were Warforged. So what skills did the Champion take?
Old October 16th, 2010, 09:12 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

"dragonborn are presented as a transitive race, members of other humanoid races who, to show devotion to Bahamut, willingly took on draconic traits in place of their original biology"
Basic facts, and then their histories change depending on the planet they live on.

Don't know how in depth you want to make the characters.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nope, that sounds right. I was confused by what you said about helping him with a Warforged Champion. I didn't realize that both of you were Warforged. So what skills did the Champion take?

I believe the champion went something like this:

Level 1: Dying Swipe 1.
Level 2: Dying Swipe 2 and One Shield Defense.
Level 3: Heavy Defense 2 and I can't remember what else.

Old October 16th, 2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
I believe the champion went something like this:

Level 1: Dying Swipe 1.
Level 2: Dying Swipe 2 and One Shield Defense.
Level 3: Heavy Defense 2 and I can't remember what else.
That's an interesting choice for your first skill, was your Hero dying that much? You must have found it somewhat useful if you leveled up the skill.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions