Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Notices

View Poll Results: Which are/is the best map? (you may choose 3)
Ruins of Rennoc by flash_19 12 30.00%
Shores of Thaelenk by Leaf_It 11 27.50%
Barrenspur: Tomb of Migol II by Necroblade 16 40.00%
Grounds of Ashra by JaesShurrig 9 22.50%
Valledonn Fortress by antmarchingroves 10 25.00%
Edge of the Jungle by Leaf_It 7 17.50%
Destroyed Bridge by Majofa 12 30.00%
Wooded Crossroads of Korland by antmarchingroves 9 22.50%
Durgeth Swamps by heroscaper2010 4 10.00%
Jandar's Summoning Circle by Flash_19 18 45.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 18th, 2018, 07:48 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
WINNER! - Landmarks of Valhalla

CONGRATULATIONS FLASH_19!!!

Download
Backstory
Spoiler Alert!

Sets: 1 RotV, 1 BftU, 1 FotA

We have a winner!!! Jandar's Summoning Circle by @Flash_19 has taken the win on this map building contest...but boy was it a close one. I speak for all of us judges when I say we have thoroughly enjoyed this!!! we had 18 total map submission to the contest and 40 voters on these TOP 10 overall, that's the MOST community involvement we've had yet! As promised, we will be playtesting these maps to determine their balance and competitive worth. Those that we consider worthy of tournament play will be added to our Tournament Map Thread here. We will post our public reviews on your maps. Those that wish to receive assistance and workshop their maps, head on over to our workshop thread here. Thank you again for your participation, we're already excited for the next one

We'll make sure to get you your prize of
@TREX Custom Dice Tower: Altar of Ullar!

Top 10 Images and Downloads
Spoiler Alert!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; March 25th, 2018 at 09:36 PM.
Old March 18th, 2018, 09:59 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: VOTE NOW! - Top 10 (Landmarks of Valhalla)

Very cool. Lots of great maps here.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 18th, 2018, 11:24 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

They all look quite strong. I'm curious to see how the polls go; I don't know yet how to spend my vote.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 19th, 2018, 04:45 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Gah, this is hard. I like too many these to vote easily. I can rule out my own, as I never vote for my own maps, but that still leaves so many good options. Even a good number of the maps that didn't make it could have grabbed my vote. This turn out is just soooo good.
Old March 19th, 2018, 12:13 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Wow! The submissions get stronger with each contest! Nice work, everyone.
Old March 19th, 2018, 05:17 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Shores of Thaelenk: Clustering the height around the glaciers is a great way to limit LoS. I daresay Dzu-Teh could have fun traversing them, too. Looks like there are two shadows left unused. Would've prefered them on the map somewhere, but it's a good map overall. The use of terrain, sand, water, and snow all fit the theme very well.

Jandar's Summoning Circle: This is one I thought about tackling myself, and this looks pretty similar to how I imagined it. Don't think I would've picked Dungeon, but it's used smartly here. Personally I don't take issue with the Summoning glyph and its location in a tournament (note to viewers it's removed from the collective top-10 image). Another solid entry.

Ruins of Rennoc: Another that was on my list to try to make. Map looks great. But I worry that some of the non-lava higher ground may be too valuable. Also not a fan of the lateral roads, since they don't help movement in the direction of the opponent.

Durgeth Swamp: Classic combo of swamp/jungle. I like the large swampy areas, too. Far too much of the level 2 height also enjoys the advantage of jungle cover (giving ranged units +2 defense against other range), too, even though there are a few level 3 spots.

Destroyed Bridge: Interesting just how flat the map is. Consequently, the jungle cover also applies to much of the height (though on the flip side it's not really height, just level with most of the map. Like the look of the road, but the middle could be pretty choke-point-y. The swamp surrounding the end pillars looks like it'll be relatively unused.

Grounds of Ashra: The middle high ground is good, with the big tree blocking LoS and road giving avenues of attack to all of it. In fact, the road criss-crosses the map well. However, the road does dominate level 2, which is all but 6 hexes of height. The big swamps also leave open shooting lanes that can negate the road advantage by taking longer to get around.

Edge of the Jungle: Wonderful aesthetics. Unfortunately, the rock hills can be very difficult for melee to approach, and the raised hexes in the middle of the swamp have jungle cover.

Valledonn Fortress: Looks cool, and another I thought about working on (most of these I hope to one day: this is an inspiring contest). There is one hex on the snow hills that isn't accessible by road, and I also would've liked to see the road connect between the glacier and the wall, too. Looks fairly solid apart from those two things.

Wooded Crossroads of Korland: No joke, this has uncanny similarities to the wooded crossroads map I was working on. Height, LoS blockers, and roads all seem to be in pretty good balance. I'm not sure if I kept trying with my version if I would've managed to get it this good.

Barrenspur: Tomb of Migol II: This is my map, so I won't comment here and now.

==========

This was a very inspiring contest. Great job everyone!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 19th, 2018, 07:32 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Great insights @NecroBlade . Ill give it to this contest that it has the highest number of pretty balanced maps.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 23rd, 2018, 01:04 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

This is a close contest!!! Just a few days left...Get in those final votes!!!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 24th, 2018, 02:54 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dang, I was going to post a review on the top 10 maps, but unfortunately I timed out on my post. Maybe I'll get around to it tomorrow, but I'm upset I wasn't able to save it.
Old March 24th, 2018, 03:20 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaesShurrig View Post
Dang, I was going to post a review on the top 10 maps, but unfortunately I timed out on my post. Maybe I'll get around to it tomorrow, but I'm upset I wasn't able to save it.
ooh, I've had that kind of things happen before. I've started moving to a text file after my posts reach a certain length, just in case.
Old March 24th, 2018, 11:32 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I gotta say, I love the look of Tomb of Migol II.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 24th, 2018, 02:45 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm pretty sure the Grounds of Ashra doesn't qualify for this contest, as it is the landmarks of Valhalla, not Feylund.

Very good batch of maps though. Very hard to choose a top three, but in the end I mostly went with some pretty looking, thematic ones.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla