Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old August 23rd, 2015, 02:15 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape with HexScape

I have created custom tiles in VirtualScape (Volcano mat tiles for Auggies, and numbered hexes for online maps). I've also created custom 3-hex trees (they show up when the map is printed, but they are not associated with 3D models),

For a building 20 hexes high, I could probably create a base object of the correct size, and them on the 20th level add custom roof tiles for the texture. Then, in Hexscape, the map when first loaded would show the tiles suspended in the air. We could create a correctly sized 3D building as a .obj file and add it like adding a figure to Hexscape. If placed on the base hexes, underneath the 20th level hexes, it should work just fine.

Maybe I can give it a try this week and see if I can create something.
Old August 23rd, 2015, 03:47 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Please do not go to any extra effort on my account. I have a lot of groundwork to lay down before I get to where I would need this feature and I hope it is more of a perk.

I really appreciate the offer and if you want to give it a try, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

I think if you can work this out it could open up all sorts of new terrain/map options for you. Have to say thanks again.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 24th, 2015, 04:11 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
For a building 20 hexes high, I could probably create a base object of the correct size, and them on the 20th level add custom roof tiles for the texture. Then, in Hexscape, the map when first loaded would show the tiles suspended in the air. We could create a correctly sized 3D building as a .obj file and add it like adding a figure to Hexscape. If placed on the base hexes, underneath the 20th level hexes, it should work just fine.

Maybe I can give it a try this week and see if I can create something.
Yes, that would totally work.
Only two problems :
1) you'll need to have a card in your army for the building (strange). This can be somewhat mitigated by using one more player that nobody will paly, and give him an army with all the buildings.
2) Users will be able to select and move buildings. Probably not a big deal, but could be annoying.

This got me thinking. I could quite easilly do the following :
- Add a way to specify transparent tiles for 3D models. It would open the way for building, as well as figures being able to carry others figures.
- Add a "add neutral figure" button to allow placing 3d models that are outside of any army.
- Add a "lock figure" button to prevent further moving of the decors (and a "unlock" button to revert this)

Buildings would have to be added manually (won't be automatically loaded with the map).
A workaround for that would be to use the "save/restore game" functionnality. Create a new game with the map. Add the building, then save the game, without loading any army. You'd then only need to load this saved game to have the map + the building ready to play !
This way of doing also apply to scenario with some fixed preparation on the map.

It would be really quicker than making a whole map editor !
Old August 25th, 2015, 05:12 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

ahah Lyrgard, this idea is exactly what I was about to propose ! ^^

The only concern about that, IMO, is that it's more a kind of short term solution, as we don't have the buildings availables while map-making (with VirtualScape). So on a long term people are going to ask for something more friendly, a more direct solution.

It's what it'd call "bidouillage* ", but a very good "bidouillage" ahah.

* hack ?

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old August 25th, 2015, 03:34 PM

BlueflamesX is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hello Lyrgard, your wonderful creation here has spurned me to stop lurking and actually join Heroscapers.

Now, I've been doing some work in 123D Catch and Meshmaker, if I could help at least somewhat with the scanning process for minis, I've been refining my scanning process and would like to collaborate in the creation if possible.

Apart from helping with scans, a friend of mine was playing with me and we had noticed two things:
1. After exiting a game in-progess and then subsequently reloading it to resume, the wound markers had bugged and none could be read as having been added or subtracted.

2. We had a crazy idea, and we tried making an all-out orc war. Now, it got a bit confusing because they all looked the same. Would there be a way to have any indicator a figure belonged to one side?

Thanks for your great contributions to Heroscape
-BlueflamesX
Old August 25th, 2015, 10:51 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Step 1: Adding the buildings to Hexscape
(Note: adding hexes underneath and on top should be pretty easy--for the treehouse, I just didn't align them correctly.)

Skyscraper

Treehouse
Old August 26th, 2015, 03:22 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueflamesX View Post
Hello Lyrgard, your wonderful creation here has spurned me to stop lurking and actually join Heroscapers.

Now, I've been doing some work in 123D Catch and Meshmaker, if I could help at least somewhat with the scanning process for minis, I've been refining my scanning process and would like to collaborate in the creation if possible.

Apart from helping with scans, a friend of mine was playing with me and we had noticed two things:
1. After exiting a game in-progess and then subsequently reloading it to resume, the wound markers had bugged and none could be read as having been added or subtracted.

2. We had a crazy idea, and we tried making an all-out orc war. Now, it got a bit confusing because they all looked the same. Would there be a way to have any indicator a figure belonged to one side?

Thanks for your great contributions to Heroscape
-BlueflamesX
First, welcome onboard, BlueflameX ! Always gratifying to know someone came out of lurking for HexScape !

We are always welcoming enthusiast people wanting to help out with scanning figures ! There is a LOT a work to do I'll contact you by pm for that

I'll look into the wound marker problem.
Regarding your second point, I'll need to add something to solve this problem. Would a button to highlight the figures of a player, or of a card, looks like a good solution to your problem ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Step 1: Adding the buildings to Hexscape
(Note: adding hexes underneath and on top should be pretty easy--for the treehouse, I just didn't align them correctly.)

Skyscraper

Treehouse
Haha, the orcs and romans looks puzzled by the skyscraper ! Those two images really show what could be done ! thanks for doing it. Now I want a map to play in an ewook village ! The power that be won't allow me to give you +rep, man, but you deserve it
Old August 26th, 2015, 07:06 AM

It was a great chance to learn a little about textures in Blender.
Old August 26th, 2015, 01:48 PM

BlueflamesX is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Thumbs up Re: Heroscape with HexScape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
First, welcome onboard, BlueflameX ! Always gratifying to know someone came out of lurking for HexScape !

We are always welcoming enthusiast people wanting to help out with scanning figures ! There is a LOT a work to do I'll contact you by pm for that

I'll look into the wound marker problem.
Regarding your second point, I'll need to add something to solve this problem. Would a button to highlight the figures of a player, or of a card, looks like a good solution to your problem ?
Thanks! Glad to be here, actually. I'm PMing you a response now.

(Concerning the figure highlighting)
Yeah, it would. If it could have some sort of colored or corresponding outline, either around the base or the whole figure could work. It'd be even better if it could be toggled. I'm sure you'd keep in mind that when you give someone the card, that the aura thing would change too. I don't know if common squads will give you a problem, however. Because it combines them all into one card... I'll let you figure that out.

Hope to be working with you!
-BlueflamesX
Edit: I just remembered the second and more gamebreaking glitch I noticed. When we resumed the round, not only had the wound markers get bugged, but the figures that were removed were back on the board where they were before they were destroyed.

Last edited by BlueflamesX; August 26th, 2015 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Added gamebreaking bug to suggestion
Old August 26th, 2015, 07:05 PM

SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker SlipperySlope knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Yeah, it would. If it could have some sort of colored or corresponding outline, either around the base or the whole figure could work. It'd be even better if it could be toggled. I'm sure you'd keep in mind that when you give someone the card, that the aura thing would change too. I don't know if common squads will give you a problem, however. Because it combines them all into one card... I'll let you figure that out.
I like that suggestion!

"It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."
Old August 27th, 2015, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipperySlope View Post
Quote:
I like that suggestion!
I made some test, and I may be able to do an effect like that to highlight some figure :
Old August 27th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Completely awesome White Knight!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software