Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

View Poll Results: Tourney Format - Majority Rules...no complaints!
Points System/playoff: 3-4 games count kills/survival +50/win, +25/slaughter, +25/survival; Top 4 to single elim playoff 3 17.65%
Points System/championship round: 3-4 games count kills/survival +50/win, +25/slaughter, +25/survival; Top 2 to 2 out of 3 champ round 2 11.76%
Single Elimination/championship round: Top 2 to 2 out of 3 championship round 2 11.76%
Double Elimination, Straight up 10 58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 25th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
I-5 Beatdown Format & Date - Tournament Registration

Date

Please send your available dates to me via pm and I will update this list here.

Sept.
2nd - AllSkulls, Dman, Malechi, Juicer, Gambit
9th - Satyr, Dman, Malechi, Juicer, Wilkerson, Gambit
16th - Satyr, AllSkulls, Dman, boom, Malechi, Juicer, BIGJIM, Wilkerson, Gambit
23rd - Satyr, AllSkulls, Dman, boom, Malechi, Juicer, BIGJIM, Wilkerson, Gambit
30th - Satyr, Dman, Malechi, Juicer, Wilkerson, Gambit

Oct.
7th - AllSkulls, Dman, Malechi, Juicer, Wilkerson, Gambit
14th - Satyr, AllSkulls, Dman, boom, Malechi, Juicer, BIGJIM?, Wilkerson, Gambit
21st - Satyr, AllSkulls, Dman, boom, Malechi, Juicer, Wilkerson, Gambit
28th - Dman, Malechi, Juicer, Wilkerson, Gambit

Place

?

Tournament

Players- Must be even from both sides (No and So)...first players registered get a spot first.

Maps- Balanced maps only but does not have to be symmetrical (D20 high roller can either choose a starting zone or choose to go first). Maps should all be predetermined and approved by all players. Submit maps in this thread to be approved. Once a map is approved I will post it here in the first post.

Format- See poll.

Time- Time limit for rounds should be determined after we know how many players are competing. (40-45min)

Points- Kill points only (to counter turtling and make this part a bit quicker). Tally points per fig, rounded to nearest whole number.

Prizes- ?

Free Play

Maps set up separately from tourney.

Scenarios- Post scenarios ideas here and I will add complete versions to this first post.

NoCal vs SoCal - As suggested before, all games involving the rivalry will be tallied using a point system.

CHALLANGESPM me with the player you want to call out and I will post challenges here.

Boom calls out Satyr!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boom
"Satyr, you curly horned Mary, you and I are throwing down!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr
boom
AllSkulls takes on Mr. Macdirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
You and I, Alastair...you and I.
Old July 25th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
Re: I-5 Beatdown Format

Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
1- Tournament players - Set a max from each side (4 SoCal and 4 NoCal...or 8 each if there is enough interest). Tournament style maps only. Maybe stick to official but some unofficial maps are more tourney worthy and balanced IMO. Maps should all be predetermined and approved by all players.

-<snip>--

5- NoCal vs SoCal - As suggested before, all games involving the rivalry will be tallied using a point system. We can also have our individual stats tallied for the whole day (tourney or not) for some kind of prize or recognition.
I like the concept of a double elimination tourney with all match ups N vs S when possible. As long as we have an equal number from both sides starting the tourney its all good. As people get knocked out they join free play (grudge matches, challenges, team play, scenarios and what have you). Free play is also counted towards the N vs S rivalry. We establish both a CA champion and N vs S bragging rights.

I agree, all maps (tourney and free play) should be determined ahead of time ... bragging rights are on the line here!

Cry endgame and let slip the doggin of war.
Old July 25th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Grindmaster

So an organized tourney with equal representation from both sides.

And free play- not so organized...just find a map and an opponent and go at it! Keep tally on all No vs So.
Old July 25th, 2006, 10:34 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart
Are we going to have a limit on the number of tournament players? I would still like to see it shortened as much as we can so we have more free time for those who want to play specific people and socialize. I'm with satyr though as long as the number is even i'll probably be happy with whatever we decide.

400 point armies still? yes

How many different armies for the tournament? 4

Time limit on the games? I think there should be
If so then split card points or one figure for card and you get all points?
Split card points, rounding up to whole numbers would be my vote.

All maps symmetrical or do we just care that they seem balanced? Either is good for me
If not symmetrical then 20 sider at beggining of game to choose side?
D20
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Grindmaster

I added some of your suggestions.

Keep an eye on the first post for updates.
Old July 26th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
Maps - I'd add that the d20 high roller can either choose a starting zone or choose to go first. That's makes a single d20 roll off for starting zones selection and first round initiative.

Time - Just want to clarify that the time limit should indicate the last round. It should not be a "pencils down" situation. Not that many (if any) games will go to the time limit ... I may be the worst culprit of slow turn marker placement

Cry endgame and let slip the doggin of war.
Old July 26th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Grindmaster

Satyr- Added your suggestion on D20 roll. Yes, the time limit will go to last round of game. When the buzzer goes off, continue play to complete current round. If all games are done before time limit then we can move along that much faster in the tourney. If you finish before everyone else you can watch other games and talk trash if you like (just try to refrain from coaching...that erks me).
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:10 PM
ultradoug

meh, reaper eat them all.

Old July 26th, 2006, 08:23 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
I would love to participate....but if the number of participants is limited I would gladly step aside if need be for a more skilled player.

I would also be happy to fill whatever roll the so cal guys feels appropriate for me be it freel play....teams...tourny style....or whatever.

Either way....looking forward to the beatdown...cheers.
Old July 31st, 2006, 07:07 PM
Grindmaster

Added date availability list. Please pm me with your availability so we can keep all of the specifications in one post and use this thread to discuss format rather than date. When we get everyone's availability listed then we will choose the date with that will ensure the most attendance from both sides.

Now let's get some maps going for this tourney! Post your maps here so we can decide on which to use. Should I assume everyone is OK with Soul Razor Canyon?

We should also post maps and scenarios for free play.
Old July 31st, 2006, 07:42 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Available dates PM sent.

Everyone available dates so far seem to be Sept. 16 & 23rd as well as Oct. 14 & 21st.
At least 1 player unavailable dates so far seem to be Sept. 2, 9 & 30th as well as Oct. 7 & 28th.

I put myself in the Free Play list so that those that must play tournament may do so. So far it is 2 NorCal vs 2 SoCal, let's beef that up people!

Some thoughts:

Free Play: Free play should be kept away from the North/South scoring and should be left to just that, free play.

Location:We need to determine a central location such as the previous discussed/set up Harris Ranch. Not a location where one side of the state must drive >450 miles each and the other side drives <150 miles each (such as Santa Maria).

Tournament Maps: What size maps? Considering time restaints for tournament play (I.E. time limit and round limit games), the battlefields should be held to 1 MS and 2 Terrain expansions (RttFF, VW and TT). In this way the Armies would be close enough to engage quickly.

•*Tournament Army Size: If the battlefields and time restraints are kept to the above standardization, then Army Size should be kept smaller so that all Cards may be used. Having larger Armies makes for longer games especially in Kill-em-All Scenarios.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old July 31st, 2006, 08:38 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
These dates are too far in advance for me, since I wont know whats going on between now and then and a soccer tourny might pop up, so im gunna have to wait and see before I can comfirm anything. I guess Im gunna have to hope for an 8 vs 8 then.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events