Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 7th, 2019, 05:27 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville, KY Events: Jan. 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I did too well with my Varkaanan Wolf Pack in Dayton, although the tourney was all Range 1 figures (ranges special attacks allowed) and I never did face the toughest match-ups for my army at that tourney (Greenscales + Braxas, Cathar). I think I will do a similar army for this tourney just to see how it compares against you all:
Varkaanan Greyspears — 110 Unique
Varkaanan Quickblades — 100 Unique
Varkaanan Swiftfangs — 80 Unique
Bahadur — 120 Unique
Manauvi — 110 Unique

BTW, does anyone have Bahadur or Manauvi I can borrow.
Braxas shouldn't've been an issue: she only gasses Small or Medium and the Varks are Large.

I have both Bahadur and Manauvi.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 11th, 2019, 06:45 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

See you all tomorrow!
Old January 14th, 2019, 01:08 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

So played Varkaanan Wolf Pack again.
Quote:
Varkaanan Greyspears — 110 Unique
Varkaanan Quickblades — 100 Unique
Varkaanan Swiftfangs — 80 Unique
Bahadur — 120 Unique
Arktos— 95 Unique
I almost went undefeated except lost to @NecroBlade and his Death Knights x 4, Skull Demon x 2, and Azazel. In the 1st turn of a late round I thought I separated my last 2 figures of my last squad to Azazel couldn't get next to both - but he did and whirlwinded them both to death, costing me order markers 2 & 3, and ultimately it came down to one live Azazel to finish me off. Azazel resurrected once my game, and 1-3 times each other game he played. He is a lot better than I initially though as I did not realize Azazel can roll for rejected by Death both for Death Knights AND whoever they bond with - 2 times an order marker (~20% chance to return). 4 of his five games came down to one life and he lost the other by a decent amount, so I guess Azazel just bumps up Death Knights (with Skull Demons) to decent tourney playable level.

My game against Sawyer (Stingers * 3 + Classic Esenweins & Rechets) was close but my other two games I also won by a lot, although not as much as last week in Dayton. Necroblade lost the last game to Chris (8th*5, Capt Varan, Drake v2, Raelin v2) (also by one life) so I won the tourney as the only 4-1. I guess the Wolves are a top tier army at least in my book. They are in one sense complicated to play (a lot of special powers and decisions on who to place order markers on and bond with) but in another sense easy to play, as you can both slow roll and attack hard, as if one or two of the squad dies, you have reinforcements already lined up when you can move 7/8 figures a turn. This makes it easier for me who knows I should slow roll most armies, but can't help but attack when I have the chance - so the Wolves are totally my play style - other armies fitting the similar style who I also like playing as are Marro Drones, Zombies, Granite Guardians, and Vipers.

@NecroBlade had a crazy idea for EVERY tournament this year to be 510 and anyone who goes 4 or 5 wins MUST bring the same army next tourney in order for us to develop our own countering metagame. I kinda like the idea in theory but I like variety in what I play as well. I think if we combined this with Take-2 or RtW it could be work as would make people bring counters but would not punish winners (IMHO) by forcing them to play the same army every game this year. Up to NecroBlade but Take-2 (only play an army you bring, not cut-the-cake) with me forced to bring my winning army is my vote for next time at least.
Old January 16th, 2019, 09:45 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Necroblade lost the last game to Chris (8th*5, Capt Varan, Drake v2, Raelin v2) (also by one life)

so I won the tourney as the only 4-1.

@NecroBlade had a crazy idea for EVERY tournament this year to be 510 and anyone who goes 4 or 5 wins MUST bring the same army next tourney in order for us to develop our own countering metagame.
That wasn't one of the games I lost by 1 Life. In fact, Christ still had about half his army left. Had I remembered Whetstone of Venom, I might've made it closer, but I think he still had it. Chris did win our for-fun game by 1 Life (me with Monks, him with Death Knights).

You went 3-1; there were only 4 games.

I'm sticking to 510 every month unless someone else comes up with any good ideas. We don't have to play what we won with, but I thought it could be an interesting twist.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 24th, 2019, 10:23 PM

Feb. 9: 580 points, 16 figures, still no Raelin 1.0, but Marvel allowed. We so very rarely include Marvel, let's do it!

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 26th, 2019, 06:31 PM

Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker
Re: Louisville, KY Events: Feb. 9, 580/Marvel!

cool, I'll finally open my Marvel expansion box!
Old January 27th, 2019, 11:05 AM

Re: Louisville, KY Events: Feb. 9, 580/Marvel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
cool, I'll finally open my Marvel expansion box!
Ha! Mission accomplished, then.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 9th, 2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Feb. 9: 580 points, 16 figures, still no Raelin 1.0, but Marvel allowed. We so very rarely include Marvel, let's do it!
Went 3-2 with Iron Man (duh), 2x Knights of Weston, Finn, Thorgrim, Guilty McCreech, Isamu.

Beat both Captain America armies (one Romans, one 4th) and Spider-Man*. Lost to Thanos (probably would've cleared his last 2 figures, but he came back on the first try! Still got him back to 3 wounds before losing, though!) and Braxas melting Thorgrim and Iron Man each on the first try...

Also, I'd appreciate it if everyone could check their collections for an extra Isamu (w/card). I've loaned mine out and he hasn't come back. (Or he's just Vanished somewhere. )

*Had him on the ropes and decided to have fun with it, disengaged from Spider-Man (1 wound) to try to pick up a treasure glyph, failed the trap (2 more wounds). Barely won in the end with Isamu out-ninja-ing Spider-Man.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; February 9th, 2019 at 08:26 PM.
Old February 20th, 2019, 02:33 PM

Re: Louisville, KY Events: Mar. 9 Format 555

Next tournament is Mar. 9:
555 points, 24 figures, VC allowed, no Marvel, no Realin RotV.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 23rd, 2019, 05:19 PM

Re: Louisville, KY Events: Mar. 9 Format 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Next tournament is Mar. 9:
555 points, 24 figures, VC allowed, no Marvel, no Realin RotV.
It has been requested we update this format with "must include at least 5 Generals"; so it has been done.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 8th, 2019, 01:33 PM

Re: Louisville, KY Events: Mar. 9 Format 555, min. 5 General

Will be there. The obvious armies are elemental, my dear @NecroBlade . I'd need to borrow or proxy some of these:

One of these two:
Code:
Unit	General	Points
Bol	Aquilla	10
Talingul	Utgar	100  (I'd need to borrow or proxy)
Boreos	Jandar	110
Iron Golem (Un)	Vydar	100
	- AND -
Augamo	Vydar	155
Martial La Hire	Einar	70
Isamu	Utgar	10
	- OR -
Greater Ice Elemental (Un)	Jandar	130
Raelin Kelda	Jandar	80
Kyntela Gwyn	Ullar	20
- OR -
Code:
Unit	General	Points	Take
Azazel the Kyrie Warrior	Valkrill	140	1
Kurrok	Utgar	120	1
Air elemental	Jandar	30	2
Earth elemental	Einar	35	1
Fire elemental	Utgar	35	6 (need to borrow/proxy 3)
Water Elemental	Aquilla	30	1 
Marcu	Utgar	20	1
Raelin Kelda	Jandar	80	1

Last edited by lefton4ya; March 8th, 2019 at 01:55 PM.
Old March 8th, 2019, 05:23 PM

Re: Louisville, KY Events: Mar. 9 Format 555, min. 5 General

Bol really helps open up options for a format like this. I'll be playing him, too (proxied until I get the figure).

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events