Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 17th, 2007, 02:01 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Brunak

The Book of Brunak
Orm's Return - Heroes of Laur

Spoiler Alert!

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: This ferocious creature looks like a cross between a troll and a giant lion. Raised in the lava fields of Wolflin, Brunak is naturally resistant to the searing heat emitted by them. He is so strong that he can carry virtually any smaller ally into battle with him. Brunak attacks his foes with a large shimmering Falchion, making him a relentless adversary. His attacks are so merciless that he becomes hungry for the blood of his next opponent. This blood lust drives him on until there is no one left but allies on the field of battle. (Hasbro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
CARRY
Before moving Brunak, choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Brunak. After you move Brunak, place the chosen figure adjacent to Brunak.

BLOOD HUNGRY SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
If Brunak's Blood Hungry Special Attack destroys a figure, Brunak may attack again with his Blood Hungry Special Attack. Brunak may continue attacking with his Blood Hungry Special Attack until he does not destroy a figure.

LAVA RESISTANT
Brunak never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage and he does not have to stop in molten lava spaces.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- CARRY : Placing Carried Unit on Height
Can I place a figure that I carried onto a high spot adjacent to Brunak once he is done using Carry?
Yes, as long as the figure would still be considered adjacent to Brunak. See adjacent rules on page 12 of the 2nd edition rulebook. (Hasbro FAQ)

- BLOOD HUNGRY SPECIAL ATTACK : Successfully Destroying A Figure
Once I kill a figure using Brunak's Blood Hungry Special Attack, can I move and attack again with Brunak?
No, you can only attack again. If you are not adjacent to any other figures, your turn ends. (Hasbro FAQ)

- CARRY : Friendly Figures
What figures are considered friendly?
Per the Master Set rules (page 9) friendly figures are your own figures and teammate’s figures. All figures you control are always considered friendly. Whenever you are allied with a teammate at the beginning of a scenario, any figures you both control are considered friendly. A temporary alliance between opponents during a battle doesn’t change anything. Remember, alliances can always change (unless stated at the beginning of a scenario), so even when you have a temporary truce with an opponent, that opponent’s figure is never considered friendly. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
- ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
As a Unique Hero that follows Utgar, Brunak may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Brunak- Brunak does everything well, but nothing great. B

OEAO: B

Cleon: Tier 6 (92/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B

Master Index
Placement of Carried Figures?
Move into adjacent carried occupied space?
Dismount onto Ladder?

Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Brunak

Last edited by superfrog; March 21st, 2019 at 02:12 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
I was thinking about who's best to team up with Brunak, in terms of who he should be toting around. Obviously Finn and Thorgrim, but he could also be helpful to Valguard for helping him become disengaged. Although with that combo youv/e already tied up 220 points in 2 characters that aren't considered "elite."

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 18th, 2007, 09:47 AM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus
I was thinking about who's best to team up with Brunak, in terms of who he should be toting around. Obviously Finn and Thorgrim, but he could also be helpful to Valguard for helping him become disengaged.

Brunak is only allowed to carry people who are unengaged when he picks them up. So I don't see how Brunak can help him "become disengaged".

I could see Brunak running Valguard around, to prevent him from becoming engaged in the first place, but that's not what you wrote, or a strategy that I'd find viable.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old May 18th, 2007, 10:13 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus
I was thinking about who's best to team up with Brunak, in terms of who he should be toting around. Obviously Finn and Thorgrim, ..."
Finn doesn't really help if you are using Brunak's special attack. Thorgrim though is a very good addition.

Others that I like to pair up with Brunak:

A Nakita Agent: she can help protect from ranged attacks as he advances due to her Smoke Powder. In addition, if the opponent tries to surround Brunak at least one of them is going to get a swift kick in the chops with her Engagement Strike.

Raelin: even more defense.

Agent Carr: once Brunak ties up the opponents front line you have Carr in position to run in and assasinate whatever enchancing hero they're using.

Kelda: after a battle she can make Brunak as good as new.

Morsbane: just in case you run up against a bunch of Counterstrike or some other power than can slow Brunak down.

Ne-Gok-Sa: can't beat em? take em! A nice secondary tank that can take up where Brunak left off.

Sudema: Brunak is good against the squadies but what if you're stopped by a dragon.

Obsidian Guard: I know this one has got to have someone scratching their head. If you are playing with a map that has molten ground and lava Brunak can carry one of the OG into the field faster than they can travel on their own. He can cross rivers without slowing down, if they are one hex across, and without harm. Once the OG is dropped off in the lava he gains a ranged component that will allow him provide cover fire for his comrades as you slowly move them up to the lava as well.

Saylind: This is a fun one. If Brunak is stopped by an obstacle (lets just say the castle door for example) you can take a turn with Saylind instead to fly past the obstacle and summon Brunak to her. Another way to use her is to drop her off at a high point along the way, tie up the front with Brunak, then use her to start summoning powerful ranged units.

These are the first ones off the top of my head. I'm sure later I'll have some others pop into my head.

Old May 18th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I had surprising success with Brunak carrying X17 and tackling Nilfheim.
Even against those with Special Attacks (negating Melee Defense 4), it's a nice hefty duo to send in against Heroes.
Old May 20th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Let's say Brunak carried DED with him on the first order marker. Would DED be able to use his special on order marker #2, assuming you had someone in range and the #2 order marker was on DED? If so that could be a decent combo.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 20th, 2007, 02:57 PM

fejkl Woo who?
Yes. The Brunak DeD combo works well, too.
Old July 19th, 2007, 01:24 PM

brunakor has disabled reputation
About brunak

Brunak is my favorite figure in heroscape. That's why my account name is after him. He is best drafted with the anubian wolves, or just all figures in the "Utgar's Rage" set that can be drafted with Khosumet. This is my strategy: Brunak carries the powerfulful common anubian wolves to your enemies, so they don't waste their turn moving. It's better to move Brunak while carrying the wolves nearer to Khosumet, so they can get a +1 to their special ability. Also, it's smarter to draft an army of anything, So that you can draft sir gilbert with Brunak. He has an abilty for attack that Brunak can gain, adding 1 to his 4 attack. And there's more to this. But I'll mention more later.
Old August 20th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I desperately want this guy to be good, but the unreliability of his attack and low lives means that he usually doesn't kill near his points. Being a Trolticor and a Mount, I doubt there's much hope for him in the future either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 21st, 2007, 01:43 PM

Baconsteak has disabled reputation
I love Brunak, for some reason he always seems to eat the Roman Legion my friend plays for breakfast lunch and dinner, and a few snacks in between. I can't remember how many times he's managed to get in position to take out 3 or 4 legionaires at once and finish it off with a swing at Marcus.

He's had a few poor showings for me, but more often than not he can dash into a big mess of guys once some units get tied down fighting and start swinging away.

I mostly stick him with an assortment of Marro Armies and Ne-Gok-Sa rides him around to stay close to the battle to threaten heroes with mindshackle even though it rarely works, its scary nonetheless.

Always sad to see him go once his defense fails however.. 3 life is so fragile.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:50 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan
I tend to draft a death walker 7000 or 8000 , and Brunak and while they are nevous about the DW Brunak comes chargeing in and most of the time kills them.Or I back them in to a corner and let the Zombies Have at em.
The only time I'm ever nervous about DW is if I've drafted it.

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old August 22nd, 2007, 07:26 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan
WOW! Even if you have a squad army and they have DW 9000.
Assuming there's a question mark in there...all the DW have a very shallow defense at high point costs. If you play an army of all low defense squad figures then you've probably built a crappy army. If you've actually built something worth fielding, then you shouldn't have much of a problem coping with any of the DW.

Why would you field 9K when you could use Q9 instead?

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units