Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:49 PM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!
Announcing the HS Codex #6

HS Codex Issue #6, set for release April 1, is jam-packed with information that will lead players on new adventures in HeroScape as well as make traditional games more exciting.

The Codex takes a look at upcoming expansions and release dates, along with a synopsis of Truth’s ‘ScapeTalk interview with HeroScape creator Craig Van Ness. A review of Wave 6 will help players pick the figures that will help their armies most.

We take an in-depth look at strategies to improve your game along with a method to adjust your game play to force entropy on your opponent start out the mix. A new scenario, The Astral Castle, takes players beyond space and time to a haunted castle that’s about to vanish! A second scenario, Hymar’s Temple, introduces new game concepts, like chests that figures can carry with them in order to accomplish goals. Two new skirmish maps round out the rich battlefield section.

Rolling dice on a table is so passé. Vixen Tor Games’ creator Matt Drake talks about his company’s dice towers, from conception to construction.

Take your play to the next level with Quests for HeroScape, a card-based addition to traditional HeroScape that will change the way you look at the game and its objectives.

In addition to these great articles and others, the Codex includes fanfiction about the HeroScape characters. The fifth installment of the Nine Thousand Deaths of Deathwalker 9000 features Taelord in a guest spot and the first part of Incarnate Apotropaic by Stephen Mackey, a tense tale of action and betrayal centering on Sergeant Drake Alexander.

All this and more in Issue #6 of the HS Codex, available NOW at www.hscodex.com.

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:52 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Nice. Thanks atmospro!!
Old April 3rd, 2007, 12:53 AM

demon_llama has disabled reputation
who made the Penguin's W/Machine Gun's image? i love it (but then, zebra's and penguin's are my gig). can you post the pic here?

edit: awsome issue. love'd it! thanks for the list of lists! can't wait to see "house rules #2"! keep up the good work...

...the rich
(My HEX Game Files @ http://www.scribd.com/_the_rich)
Lawton/Fort Sill Heroscape (monthly?) Tournament:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...506#post951506
Old April 3rd, 2007, 01:19 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Another fine issue! The cover is 'cool' and hilarious!!!
Great stuff, CA!

I've got just a bit of a weird impression from the Wave 6 review - the explanation how the Morindan Zombies work is incorrect. Or am I just reading it incorrectly?
Old April 3rd, 2007, 01:23 AM
...Sneakiest Charmed ('07 CoNny Award)

Mystic Blue is surprisingly tart
Looks great, Grant. I know you put in a lot of hard work on this project and it really paid off. It's been great working with you and I'm looking forward to next issue!

~Mystic

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Old April 3rd, 2007, 02:17 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_llama
who made the Penguin's W/Machine Gun's image?
That would be the intensely talented CupidsArt.

And yes, that 'Penguin with Machine Gun' image is... dare I say...

... delicious...?

Oh yes... I dare...

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old April 3rd, 2007, 09:49 AM

paintu2 has disabled reputation
great issue. the review on Empress Kiova is incorrect it only works on Einar kyrie just thought i point that out.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:01 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
HA, believe it or not I spent more time on the background of that pic than anything else. Backgrounds always give me trouble,

Thanks for all of your hard work Atmospro and of course everyone else on the team,

I can't wait to dig into that scenario, YUM!

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:40 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Fantastic issue. It will take me a while to digest it all, but I've flipped through it and am blown away.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 11:30 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I'm reading through it now. I've just read the entry for the Zombies in the review on page 11 and if I'm right, then there's a bit of a problem with the description. As I understand the rules for Zombies you have to use Previously Destroyed zombies for Zombies Rise Again, so your total of Zombies on your army can never grow past the initial number.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 11:33 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Woo hoo, Codex!

Thanks for all your hard work, Atmospro (and team)!
Old April 3rd, 2007, 11:39 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Sorry to "***** and run" there. I, too, admire all the hard work that goes into an issue. I promise I promise I promise I'll submit some artwork soon. (I'm still getting the hang of my new toy.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News