Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old July 15th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

I think this would be the right forum for this

Hello friends, and welcome to 10 Points Under - the show where Marcu just costs too darn much!

Most recent video:

I've had this idea for a while and brought on my bud @TrueMurray to try out casting Heroscape games, inspired mostly by other casts/commentaries I watch on strategy games like StarCraft and Age of Empires II. We thought it would be cool to make a channel where we can watch players and discuss strategy and decisions. Best case scenario: we create something cool and unique and are able to contribute to the Heroscapers community. Worst case scenario: we get an excuse to hang out and have fun, even if it turns out we don't know what we're doing.

Want to co-cast a game with me? Check out the spoiler for scheduling information!
Spoiler Alert!

Video Archive in Order of Posting:
Spoiler Alert!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; November 29th, 2023 at 07:25 PM.
Old July 15th, 2019, 10:23 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

"Is he really a hero for playing the Stingers?"

lol

----------------

On a more serious note, thanks for posting it, watching was fun & glad I could help out with the game.
Old July 15th, 2019, 11:42 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

That was a really cool game, with both players having at least one attack that had a good shot at winning.

I do think it might be nice if you brought some live stats in at a few points.

For two examples, the run where Coolio was getting blocked by the Stinger 3v5 8 times in a row, I think it could have been helpful to comment on how likely that is (a 68% chance of blocking each time). The other one I was curious about was when Q9 had the shot to go for 3x3 on Zetacron but went for the single attack of 6. Turns out those two choices have about the same odds of doing a single wound (58% for the 3x3, 62% for the single attack of 6).

Anyway, if you are interested in peppering some of that in your game, there's a google sheet in my signature where you can input an attack and get the chance of every outcome.
Old July 15th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

My advice would be pulling on another member of the community for commentary.

Edit: Although with hopefully less cheese on the board...

Edit 2: fun watch though!
Old July 15th, 2019, 09:52 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
"Is he really a hero for playing the Stingers?"

lol

----------------

On a more serious note, thanks for posting it, watching was fun & glad I could help out with the game.
We're super glad you were able to help us out! You and Coolio provided a cool game for us, exactly what we were looking for!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
That was a really cool game, with both players having at least one attack that had a good shot at winning.

I do think it might be nice if you brought some live stats in at a few points.

For two examples, the run where Coolio was getting blocked by the Stinger 3v5 8 times in a row, I think it could have been helpful to comment on how likely that is (a 68% chance of blocking each time). The other one I was curious about was when Q9 had the shot to go for 3x3 on Zetacron but went for the single attack of 6. Turns out those two choices have about the same odds of doing a single wound (58% for the 3x3, 62% for the single attack of 6).

Anyway, if you are interested in peppering some of that in your game, there's a google sheet in my signature where you can input an attack and get the chance of every outcome.
That's a great idea! I didn't know you had that sheet handy, I'll have to mess around with it. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
My advice would be pulling on another member of the community for commentary.

Edit: Although with hopefully less cheese on the board...

Edit 2: fun watch though!
Thanks for checking this out! I still need to talk to True about it, but while stewing over this idea in general I definitely thought it would be awesome to get guest commentary going on, and you'd definitely be on the list of people I'd love to talk a game over with.

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 15th, 2019, 11:09 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I haven't had time to watch the video yet but I'm definitely interested in this. Are there any plans to record commentary for official OHS season games? It would be fun to add more of a spectator element to those events, although I imagine scheduling might be an issue. Might also be thinking too far ahead for something that's only in testing.

Regardless, this is a neat idea. Schedule permitting, I'd be happy to play in a game for you to commentate.

Last edited by All Your Pie; July 16th, 2019 at 01:14 AM.
Old July 16th, 2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I haven't had time to watch the video yet but I'm definitely interested in this. Are there any plans to record commentary for official OHS season games? It would be fun to add more of a spectator element to those event, although I imagine scheduling might be an issue. Might also be thinking too far ahead for something that's only in testing.

Regardless, this is a neat idea. Schedule permitting, I'd be happy to play in a game for you to commentate.
I do hope to be able to get some OHS tourney games in. Like you said, schedules and making sure the players are cool with it will be something to negotiate, but I've learned a lot from watching the games when I've been able to and would love to be able to have a way to both share them with more people and also record them for history.

Thanks for the interest! Hopefully we can get a game from you soon!

10 Points Under Videos

Old July 16th, 2019, 11:02 PM

Coolio Woo who?

Thanks for putting this together! I have not played very many competitive Heroscape games, and hearing your comments was very interesting! Definitely a lot to learn. Thanks to Chris for a fun game as well!
Old July 17th, 2019, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolio View Post
Thanks for putting this together! I have not played very many competitive Heroscape games, and hearing your comments was very interesting! Definitely a lot to learn. Thanks to Chris for a fun game as well!
You gave a really good performance for being new to the scene! (I mean, you won. ) There are a lot of little things to get a hold of for sure, but as you get more used to them I can see you doing really well! Looking forward to more games from you (and hopefully with you sometime).

10 Points Under Videos

Old July 17th, 2019, 10:44 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

Awesome content! Thanks for doing this. I'm one of those people who combs Youtube for HS matches to watch and also enjoys reading battle reports here on the forums. This was like a combination of the best of both those worlds. Looking forward to the next one!
Old July 17th, 2019, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
Awesome content! Thanks for doing this. I'm one of those people who combs Youtube for HS matches to watch and also enjoys reading battle reports here on the forums. This was like a combination of the best of both those worlds. Looking forward to the next one!
Thanks so much for the kind words! It's good to know that there are others out there like me who love to watch/read all the Heroscape battle glory they can!

10 Points Under Videos

Old July 19th, 2019, 01:50 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Imma have to jump in on one of these with ya’ll sometime. It’ll be good to have another YouTuber for Heroscape too. Twill help keep the game alive and fresh!

I also love the idea of doing a video cast for the Online Season, id totally be down for that.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports