Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old May 5th, 2021, 07:30 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

First off, I'd like to thank @BiggaBullfrog for naming the video per my request; such an honor to have my glorious defeat be immortalized as such in history.

Yikes. Almost as little fun on the re-watch as it was in-person. I think I'll use quotes from the video to express my thoughts on this one.

Accurate one line summary of the whole video:
Quote:
"Chris has his history right. That's about the only thing he had right during this matchup."
Yeah, I misjudged the opening round terribly. I thought I'd have time to develop nicely and was very wrong.

Speaking of history, this other quote from the video might go down as one of the understatements of the century:
Quote:
"This was not his top game."
Congrats to @Knight of Scape though. He saw a way to truly exploit the board with that round 1 offensive utilizing 8 move 10th Reg that I didn't see coming and the armies I brought for this event (combined with the unforgiving river in front of my start zone) had no way to adjust to that opening.
Old May 12th, 2021, 08:09 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

It's the lost video of Online Con! @Dysole and @vegietarian18 met in the 4x400 tournament during the con, and this matchup of powerhouses was the result! Heroscape all-star @Matthias Maccabeus joins to lend some expert commentary on this game full of figures that he knows and loves well!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 12th, 2021, 11:54 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the feature. I thought that was a fun game to watch, but not sure if anyone else will. It's a good educational game on the pros and cons of refusing to attack Rats; yes it slowed my Rat roll, but because of it I could just keep pouring OMs on to Rats since I wasn't taking any damage. That third round of Rat OMs really gained me some meaningful position over Dysole.

In defense of my Braxas aggression, my thought process was that with Raelin and 4 Stingers already dead, pushing Braxas deep would allow me to try to cripple the Stingers down to a point where Marro Warriors could clean up. Braxas had been difficult to position all game with only 4 range vs. the Stinger's 5 range; I was taking shots from Stingers exactly 5 away that I had no way to get within 4 of while staying on height and no way to engage with Rats. So charging to that level 3 area and at least giving myself relative height gave Braxas a good chance at getting off 6 more acids before she would fall, which would probably be enough to leave a very manageable amount of Stingers for the Marros to handle. I only got 3 more acids off, all of which hit, but I did force 3 more LEAS, none of which hit. Then the Rats killed a couple Stingers, and the Marros had the space to clean out the rest.

Had I not charged her in, I think I could have only got one acid off that turn. The bigger downside was I didn't like passing tempo with initiative switch potential over to Dysole and letting her decide how she wanted to come back into the game. I felt like it was better to end the round flaming out Braxas and then switching to Marros than risk Braxas going down without any flames. Sometimes I think you have more consistent paths to win Heroscape games if you leave certain resources for dead and switch over to the one better suited to the task at hand, and this was definitely one of those situations.

I don't think the move is entirely unfair to criticize though, since I did have Kelda available.
Old May 14th, 2021, 10:27 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Thanks for the feature. I thought that was a fun game to watch, but not sure if anyone else will. It's a good educational game on the pros and cons of refusing to attack Rats; yes it slowed my Rat roll, but because of it I could just keep pouring OMs on to Rats since I wasn't taking any damage. That third round of Rat OMs really gained me some meaningful position over Dysole.

In defense of my Braxas aggression, my thought process was that with Raelin and 4 Stingers already dead, pushing Braxas deep would allow me to try to cripple the Stingers down to a point where Marro Warriors could clean up. Braxas had been difficult to position all game with only 4 range vs. the Stinger's 5 range; I was taking shots from Stingers exactly 5 away that I had no way to get within 4 of while staying on height and no way to engage with Rats. So charging to that level 3 area and at least giving myself relative height gave Braxas a good chance at getting off 6 more acids before she would fall, which would probably be enough to leave a very manageable amount of Stingers for the Marros to handle. I only got 3 more acids off, all of which hit, but I did force 3 more LEAS, none of which hit. Then the Rats killed a couple Stingers, and the Marros had the space to clean out the rest.

Had I not charged her in, I think I could have only got one acid off that turn. The bigger downside was I didn't like passing tempo with initiative switch potential over to Dysole and letting her decide how she wanted to come back into the game. I felt like it was better to end the round flaming out Braxas and then switching to Marros than risk Braxas going down without any flames. Sometimes I think you have more consistent paths to win Heroscape games if you leave certain resources for dead and switch over to the one better suited to the task at hand, and this was definitely one of those situations.

I don't think the move is entirely unfair to criticize though, since I did have Kelda available.
Definitely good points. In retrospect, the Braxas blaze of glory makes a lot of sense with how the game was panning out, but it definitely caught me off guard in-game (which could be another argument for doing it, since it may catch opponents off guard too; I'm curious what Dysole's perspective there was). I think ultimately I'd still play more defensively into Kelda, but there's definitely a very solid argument for both sides (which, honestly, I'm glad the game was able to showcase).

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 14th, 2021, 10:41 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Enjoyable watch so far (only 5 minutes in). I definitely would have started Marcu down in the lower side water, shot him with my own Stingers T1, and burned Kelda T2 (no Eternal Hatred thanks to the Marcu mirror).
Old May 15th, 2021, 12:07 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI

Yeah this is not one of my better games. I spent way too long trying to not attack rats because I was hoping I could just kill Braxas but that did not pan out for me.

~Dysole, who would play 90% of this game differently if she had to do it over again
Old May 19th, 2021, 07:08 PM

Online Heroscape events have officially entered middle age with Season 40! And in this midlife crisis (hey, transitions gotta transition...) we hit a crazy format with both Reverse Draft and Bring Your Own Glyph in one! It turns into a lot of pre-game judgment calls to be made, and we see it come to a head in this first round game! @Captain Stupendous and @Muskie are squaring off, with Cap having a bid-down army with Bugbears and Major Q10 while Muskie is running one of the newer soldiers builds heralded by Gen. Simon Fraser. @boromir96 joins as a first time co-caster in this episode, lending is expertise to the discussion in this super fun game!

Note: There's some breath-in-the-mic issues with this one. I'm sorry about that, I haven't had that happen before and will be watching out for it in the future.

As a heads up, the next couple of weeks will be inconsistent with uploads. School is ending for me, and I'm going to be taking some me time, so will thus be spreading out the uploads a bit to make up for the lack of time for recording.

10 Points Under Videos

Old June 2nd, 2021, 02:19 PM

We return this week to the Spring Showdown live event! This week we've got a couple of different takes on the limitation for the format (no more than 9 of any common figure from the same card), with @Heroscaper Guy running a two-pronged Vydar range army and @boromir96 running a little-bit-of-everything army! @dok swings by to catch this game (after incessant begging on my part) and helps commentate this tourney game!

It's summer, which means I've got a lot more available time to record games! If you'd like to cast a game with me head on over to the scheduling spreadsheet and/or shoot me a PM to let me know your availability!

10 Points Under Videos

Old June 23rd, 2021, 12:06 PM

Quad Pod - It's so nice, they're doing it twice! We get a start on another round of Quad Pod action this week with @Captain Stupendous and @Chris Perkins meeting on the fields of glory, where power meets speed with a really fun army matchup. Casting it with me is the recently rebranded master of ScapeCons and occasional podcasts: @OEAO !

It's summer, which means I've got a lot more available time to record games! If you'd like to cast a game with me head on over to the scheduling spreadsheet and/or shoot me a PM to let me know your availability!

10 Points Under Videos

Old June 30th, 2021, 01:46 PM

I think I can confidently say that I will never not be excited to talk about maps with the most highly esteemed @Flash_19 . This week we get to talk through some action on the map Off the Beaten Path by the also highly esteemed @Sir Heroscape , and take the chance to talk through some map tropes we tend to notice at the same time. Let's be real, this was a pretty targeted discussion, but as always Flash_19 is a wonder to listen to when it comes to opinions on map design!

10 Points Under Videos

Old June 30th, 2021, 02:01 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I think I can confidently say that I will never not be excited to talk about maps with the most highly esteemed @Flash_19 .
You've got it made in life when you have your own 10 Points Under avatar!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Last edited by Flash_19; June 30th, 2021 at 02:01 PM. Reason: You know I'll take you down with my stingers Bigga! ;)
Old July 2nd, 2021, 12:52 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for continuing to do these Bigga, I watch these all the time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports