Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 13th, 2020, 06:18 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Black Canary (II) (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I don't ever bother with DOs, which is part of my motivation for dropping it. It just feels super situational for something that would take up so much space. I wouldn't mind tacking on a simple one-line theme power, though, if someone has an idea for a good one.
What about:

Sonic Shatter

Instead of attacking with Black Canary, you may roll 4 unblockable attack dice against any Destructible Object within 3 clear sight spaces.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 13th, 2020, 06:23 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I wouldn't mind tagging that on, sure.
Old February 20th, 2020, 07:49 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
As an alternative, there's a recent OP kit version:

I kind of like that one better, but it's more expensive, and I haven't even seen it for sale alone - only with the other two, for like ~$15. But it's also very new, so if the price drops/availability goes up, I'll probably switch to this one.
Just picked this up, so if you want to use it I can get pics.

Personally, I'd be just as happy without Sonic Shatter. No strong feelings one way or the other on it.
Old February 21st, 2020, 11:32 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Would definitely appreciate pics in that case! Hopefully you got a good deal at least - were you able to get just the Canary figure or did you have to get the whole pack?

I did tack Sonic Shatter onto the second post, though I'm comfortable with lowering the number of unblockable dice rolled - people that are more plugged into the DO stuff would probably know what's "right" for someone at her power level.

In general I haven't found a construction of YK's take on the power that feels "right" to me after sitting on it for a few days. I do want it to be blank-centric, but 0/1/2 blanks being the trigger just feels... off to me? 2 blanks just seems like such a rare occurrence, and Wildcat wouldn't help with that, as he just helps getting rid of blanks, so the most powerful ability is something he'll never help you trigger. I'll spend a little bit longer thinking on it, but if nothing solid develops I think I'll stick with what's in the SP.
Old February 21st, 2020, 11:45 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Would definitely appreciate pics in that case! Hopefully you got a good deal at least - were you able to get just the Canary figure or did you have to get the whole pack?
Just picked up Canary, didn't have to go for the whole pack. Wasn't a great deal, but my plastic budget is high at the moment.
Old February 22nd, 2020, 09:51 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I did tack Sonic Shatter onto the second post, though I'm comfortable with lowering the number of unblockable dice rolled - people that are more plugged into the DO stuff would probably know what's "right" for someone at her power level.
Either 1 life or 4 life seems to be the most common value for DOs. The Ice Mountain has 6 life and there's the occasional outlier with 2-3 life. Two screams on average from Black Canary to take down a car or breakable wall section seems right to me, but taking it down to 3 dice would be okay too since that would still reliably knock down 1-hex trees, glaciers, rocks, etc.
Old February 22nd, 2020, 10:31 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I like 3 Dice. That way she'll never one shot the poor Batmobile.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 22nd, 2020, 10:38 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I probably prefer 4 just because of the consistency with her Special Attack. The fact that all four would be skulls to one shot a vehicle sounds more like an opportunity for a rare big moment, rather than typical high frequency event. It will still take her two times to take out a car the vast majority of times.
Old February 22nd, 2020, 11:13 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I don't ever bother with DOs, which is part of my motivation for dropping it. It just feels super situational for something that would take up so much space. I wouldn't mind tacking on a simple one-line theme power, though, if someone has an idea for a good one.

I've been sitting on an alternative for MMA that's a little swingier but also works with Wildcat. Maybe something like this?

MIXED MARTIAL ARTS
When attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, if you rolled:
- 1 skull, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled.
- 2 skulls, before defense dice are rolled, switch Black Canary and the defending figure. They will not take leaving engagement attacks.
- 3 skulls, after attacking, attack one additional time.

The idea here is that, if you get a blank, you can sort of direct yourself in an optimal place. Like you roll 2 skulls, 1 blank, 1 shield, you can take the switch or try for the extra attack.

I think I still like what's in the SP better, but I do think it would be fun.
What about something like this for MMA

When attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, if you any of the following are rolled:
* If you rolled at least one skull add one automatic skull to the roll
* If you rolled more shields than the defending figure switch Black Canary and the defending figure. They will not take leaving engagement attacks.
* If you roll at least one blank, after attacking, attack one additional time.

So a "bad roll" (shields and blanks) would likely result in switching the figures so high ground is swapped and getting a second attack.

Or for a bit more souped up switch the second point for this...

* If a shield is rolled, before defense dice are rolled, switch Black Canary and the defending figure. They will not take leaving engagement attacks.

So ultimately on this second option her ultimate roll would be a booster 3 skulls, 1 Shield, one Blank. She's get 4 hits, a switch, and a second attack.

Plus if she happens to roll two Blanks Wildcat would allow her to re roll the extra one.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 22nd, 2020, 12:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think I like the switch happening before defense is rolled just because lots of defensive powers (Speed Dodge, the Acrobatic ones) let a figure move after they roll defense dice, in which case you'd have to roll to see which triggers first.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 22nd, 2020, 01:13 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

That's an interesting direction. I also think I'd want the trigger to be symmetrical (one skull + one shield + one blank), just to keep it relatively simple. But I do think it's still losing a lot of the Wildcat advantage... like, the odds of rolling one blank is pretty low, nevermind two. And if one blank is the best outcome, you'd never want to reroll it.

Like, any power that WANTS blanks is going to be a bad pairing with Wildcat, who's all about LOSING blanks. But I don't think we can do different die-face triggers without blank being the best, just because of how the die is structured.
Old February 22nd, 2020, 01:17 PM
Symbiotic

What about doing something like:

Quote:
When attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, if you use any special power to re-roll a blank, and the new result is a:
-skull, do blah blah
yadda yadda
you get it

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library