Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 26th, 2015, 02:05 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Cyprien Esenwein

I say See-pree-n.

Old January 26th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Sip-ree-un Ess-en-vine.

I know two people in real life called Cyprien both of whom pronounce it like that, so any alternatives didn't occur to me. However, the correct answer is clearly however Gary-Oldman-in-Dracula would say it.
Old January 27th, 2015, 01:13 AM

Seraph knows what's in an order marker Seraph knows what's in an order marker Seraph knows what's in an order marker

Sigh-preen eisen-wine
But I'm probably wrong.
Old January 27th, 2015, 01:44 AM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

Seeing all these pronunciations makes me wonder how many other names we all say different.
Old January 27th, 2015, 03:48 AM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

I pretty much say it the same way Ollie does, although I go back and forth as to whether I say wine or vine.
Old January 27th, 2015, 04:39 AM

greenlee_smythe is surprisingly tart

I pronounce the vampires names as:
Cyprien Esenwein- "Sip-ren S-N-Whine"
Sonya Esenwein- "So-nya S-N-Whine"
Iskra Esenwein- "Iss-kra S-N-Whine"
Marcu Esenwein- Marc-ew S-N-Whine"

And speaking of other names we might be pronouncing differently i fould out Charos' name is actually pronounced "Kah-Ross" and i've been saying it like it is spelled but now i say it correctly. and Raelin, I'm not sure if there is a slight pause between syllables like "Rae-Lynn" or "Raylen" but i usually say it like Raylen...you know fast...hard to explain on that one. But anyways with Cyprien i always thought his first name was pronounced like one of the witches 5 off of Sailor Moon...Cyprine. like "Sip-Ren" i think it fits him.

As far as armies go...he is a MUST in my army along with his Lady. I also think of them as a squad so to speak. Though i must tell you guys how frustrating it is when Cyprien has 5 wounds and i fly Kelda over to heal him and Sonya already has 1 wound and I roll a 1 and Cyprien dies and because of that, his wife also is dusted...two powerhouse figures killed in one roll...that has happened more than once. >

At my house we usually draft big. hardly ever below 1,000. usually 2,000-2,500.....just for fun. and the MUSTS i have are:

Raelin (i alternate between the two Raelin's...i love the SOTM's sculpt but the two extra dice come in VERY handy...also ROTV Raelin...her stupid staff gets on my nerves so bad i wanna throw her into next Tuesday! lol)
Cyprien Esenwein
Sonya Esenwein
Sgt. Drake Alexander (SOTM)
Kelda
Braxas (my fav figure)
Sudema
Thorgrim
Finn
Jotun
Nakita Agents
**others i pick that i change out are**
protectors of ullar x1
Zombies x4
Feral Troll
Estivara
Ana Karithon
Tandros Kreel (just got him today, haven't had a chance to play him yet)
Major Q9
Major Q10
Sonlen
Shiori
Marcu Esenwein
Iskra Esenwein
Retchets of Bogdan
Eldgrim
Theracus
Saylind
Now the ones that are a must i usually allow Thorgrim and Finn to get destroyed and usually put them on Cyprien, bringing his stats up to Attack-4/Defense-5. Sgt. Drake, Jotun, Braxas, and Cyprien fly out and reck havoc. Theracus is used to take Drake around more quickly. Raelin (SOTM) usually stays back out of harms way but close enough to give most of those guys the boost if she can. Protectors, Nakita Agents stay near Raelin, Kelda, Sonya, Ana Karithon, Sudema, and Saylind to keep them safe and provide cover. Ana will heal Kelda if she takes any wounds or Sonlen will. Saylind will bring the near death back for Kelda to heal and then they go out again (provided she doesn't kill them lol). Sudema stays out of harms way a lot because my buddy will do anything to take her down if he can. when she can, She'll turn squads to stone. (we have a house rule that any figure she turns to stone remain on the board and a wound marker is placed on the fig's base. it makes it more interesting i think) Braxas usually takes out the squads...Jotun takes on the huge figures like Charos and Nilfheim. Sgt. Drake takes out long range pests like Syvarris who can't attack him unless he's adjacent. Kaemon Awa and Brandis special attack him, but when Drake plays decoy, i try to send Cyprien in to Chill them. i don't think i play Cyprien right as he usually falls most of the time...i put 1 order marker on him per round usually to not make him a sitting target, but i always forget that he can fly away with no engagment swips...and Eldgrim, who like his brothers, will die on purpose to place the spirit on him gives him a move of 9. but once he flys to a figure, my buddy gangs up on him and he ends up taking many wounds thanks to either elevation, or taelord backing the attackers up, and before i can retreat, he is dusted. i read on here i think u should use all order markers on him and wait till most huge figures are eliminated. which braxas and jotun don't always succeed in doing...the dice gods hate me for some reason...i once rolled 10 count them 10 dice for jotun to attack and on charos and rolled 2 skulls.....i was about ready to jump off the roof. lol but chilling touch doesn't always work for me...i usually roll low numbers under 10. but he has killed charos once with a roll of 20 + 2 from sonya giving him 6 wounds which he already had 4 wounds...any suggestions on how to better work an army like that is greatly appreciated...sorry for the long post and if i repeated myself. last time i used Cyprien in a 2,000 point game, only Cyprien, Sonya, and Sudema survived when it was all over, giving me the win. i put Finn and Thorgrim on him and he would recieve wounds then chill touch...heal himself, fly away fly in and chill touch till my buddies army was dead...in the end he had the kozuke samurai, kaemon awa, brandis, taelord, and a VERY wounded charos...i was proud of Cyprien when he destroyed them all one by one. but my buddy was pissed...he then referred to him as "bat face" lol
Old January 27th, 2015, 07:43 AM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

I thought it was pronounced
Cyprien: Sip-re-in Eyes-in-Wine.
Sonya: Sown-ya Eyes-in-wine
Iskra: Isk-ra Eyes-in-wine
Marcu: Mar-cu Eyes-in-wine

Am I the only person who pronounces Ne-Gok-Sa like: Knee-Goke-Sa? Seeing so many diiferent pronouceation variations.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old January 27th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlee_smythe View Post

As far as armies go...he is a MUST in my army along with his Lady. I also think of them as a squad so to speak. Though i must tell you guys how frustrating it is when Cyprien has 5 wounds and i fly Kelda over to heal him and Sonya already has 1 wound and I roll a 1 and Cyprien dies and because of that, his wife also is dusted...two powerhouse figures killed in one roll...that has happened more than once. >
Why do you need Kelda to heal Cyprien?! He already has built-in healing and Kelda is a waste of an OM anyway...

I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the coolest, online CCG of all time!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old January 27th, 2015, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Quote:

Why do you need Kelda to heal Cyprien?! He already has built-in healing and Kelda is a waste of an OM anyway...
MOST of the time, Kelda heals very fast...MOST of the time. she has, for me at least, many times removed 2 or all wound markers from a near death unit. and if Cyprien only has 1 life left yes he can heal him self ONE LIFE AT A TIME but like i've said, the dice gods hate me and i don't always destroy a figure with each attack he gives...so she heals him faster as opposed to him ATTEMPTING to heal himself one attack at a time and my opponent stays on him till he falls. Kelda isn't a waste for me. even 1 life healed is worth it for a figure like cyprien or jotun, or braxas. MANY of times...she has healed braxas completely when braxas only had 1 life left. it's like cyprien has one life left...i try to eat a squad...fail....now my buddies turn and he gives him a wound...or i do kill the squad and heal a wound...my buddy attacks and gives 3 wounds...dead....MOST times, Kelda heals Cyprien more than kill him..and she usually does it 2 wounds at a time. so once he's completely healed, i send him back out. i get nervous when he takes several wounds because my buddy got help from a friend of his....he lives for special tactics crap and gave him tips on how to slaughter me and now he does...he uses taelord to boost kaemon awa, brandis, and syvarris, and if he can will pick saylind to use her to move them to high ground...add in glyphs that he always manages to secure....that's a lot of attack dice..even for cyprien and he falls fast. so kelda has saved my butt many times! but it still ticks me off about my buddy because he is a sore loser. and he plays dirty. like, i think it's kinda mean to take out ALL ur strong army leaving u with only thorgrim and kyntela gwyn...what the %$^$ are they gonna do to charos if he's still alive...or Kaemon awa, brandis, and syvarris, backed by taelord and elevation...they'd take me down before i can get to them. i wish i had a perfect plan to counteract that. like i said, i use cyprien, sonya, raelin, sgt. drake, q9, jotun, braxas, kelda all are musts on my team...i know i dont have many ranged figures (that i use) but most of my fav are melee figures. plus he also uses runa!!!!! flies her in and uses that stupid power of hers...which always manages to take out at least 1 figure...depending on who it is...last time it was Raelin...my army fell to pieces after that..i won but still i ended up 1ing charos to death with wounds. my buddy got mad...and now that i got tandros kreel and krug is on the way in the mail...he isn't in a huge hurry to come over to hang out or play. last night he left and said he'd be back to play and never came back. i wish i had more friends who wanted to play.
Old January 27th, 2015, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Quote:

MOST of the time, Kelda heals very fast...MOST of the time. she has, for me at least, many times removed 2 or all wound markers from a near death unit. and if Cyprien only has 1 life left yes he can heal him self ONE LIFE AT A TIME but like i've said, the dice gods hate me and i don't always destroy a figure with each attack he gives...so she heals him faster as opposed to him ATTEMPTING to heal himself one attack at a time and my opponent stays on him till he falls. Kelda isn't a waste for me. even 1 life healed is worth it for a figure like cyprien or jotun, or braxas. MANY of times...she has healed braxas completely when braxas only had 1 life left. it's like cyprien has one life left...i try to eat a squad...fail....now my buddies turn and he gives him a wound...or i do kill the squad and heal a wound...my buddy attacks and gives 3 wounds...dead....MOST times, Kelda heals Cyprien more than kill him..and she usually does it 2 wounds at a time. so once he's completely healed, i send him back out. i get nervous when he takes several wounds because my buddy got help from a friend of his....he lives for special tactics crap and gave him tips on how to slaughter me and now he does...he uses taelord to boost kaemon awa, brandis, and syvarris, and if he can will pick saylind to use her to move them to high ground...add in glyphs that he always manages to secure....that's a lot of attack dice..even for cyprien and he falls fast. so kelda has saved my butt many times! but it still ticks me off about my buddy because he is a sore loser. and he plays dirty. like, i think it's kinda mean to take out ALL ur strong army leaving u with only thorgrim and kyntela gwyn...what the %$^$ are they gonna do to charos if he's still alive...or Kaemon awa, brandis, and syvarris, backed by taelord and elevation...they'd take me down before i can get to them. i wish i had a perfect plan to counteract that. like i said, i use cyprien, sonya, raelin, sgt. drake, q9, jotun, braxas, kelda all are musts on my team...i know i dont have many ranged figures (that i use) but most of my fav are melee figures. plus he also uses runa!!!!! flies her in and uses that stupid power of hers...which always manages to take out at least 1 figure...depending on who it is...last time it was Raelin...my army fell to pieces after that..i won but still i ended up 1ing charos to death with wounds. my buddy got mad...and now that i got tandros kreel and krug is on the way in the mail...he isn't in a huge hurry to come over to hang out or play. last night he left and said he'd be back to play and never came back. i wish i had more friends who wanted to play.
btw i hope i don't sound like i'm gripping or whining or complaining....lol i don't mean to...i just think it's dirty how my buddy plays and how he gets so mad when he loses. i get mad to, but not at losing at my buddies tactics...i can lose and have fun..just hate losing bad. it's like "here lets spend the next little while kicking u while ur down and rubbing ur face in it" i don't like that. i like to play fair and fun. if anyone would like to give me tips and i can give a full list of the figures i have...only squad i have multiples of are zombies and that's 4....don't have the money now to spend 20-30 bucks per squad on ebay. so most i have 1 squad of commons.
Old January 27th, 2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post

Am I the only person who pronounces Ne-Gok-Sa like: Knee-Goke-Sa? Seeing so many diiferent pronouceation variations.
no i pronounce ne gok sa like that too. i pronounce all the vampires first names like u do...but the last i pronounce it S-N-Whine. my buddy still refuses to call Charos the way it's pronounced...he says "char-os" instead of "kah-ross" because he said and i quote, "we've been calling him char-ros since the beginning so im a keep calling him that!

Me: Kah-ross
him: his name is pronounced, "CHAR-ROS!!!!!!!" lol
Old January 27th, 2015, 11:39 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post

no i pronounce ne gok sa like that too. i pronounce all the vampires first names like u do...but the last i pronounce it S-N-Whine. my buddy still refuses to call Charos the way it's pronounced...he says "char-os" instead of "kah-ross" because he said and i quote, "we've been calling him char-ros since the beginning so im a keep calling him that!

Me: Kah-ross
him: his name is pronounced, "CHAR-ROS!!!!!!!" lol
I've always called Charos like Char-Ros. What's next? A thread on how to properly pronouce figures!?

Oops, rolled a 1.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units