Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 16th, 2018, 03:55 PM

GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker
Re: M.A.D. Bros Games & Hobbies Event, Possible Map variant?

Ok so I have taken the "Forsaken Cloister" and added this variation.
The story line is a fault has opened directly beneath the ruins and has scorched the area surrounding it. Lava has begun to seep into the ruins and indeed is slowly over running.
Scenario is that after round 2 the floor between the central pillars will melt into Molten Lava. Then again after round five the final road hex connecting the 2 sides will succomb to the lava as well. Leaving only the higher ground to open from one side to the other.
Reason for this.
One, Lava is cool! Two, with the lower road access threatening to disappear it will force players to move quickly into the center to attempt to capture the higher ground for themselves. Thus thrusting the player into battle immediately.

Last edited by GUILD_WARRIOR; February 16th, 2018 at 03:56 PM. Reason: image fail
Old February 16th, 2018, 04:18 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: M.A.D. Bros Games & Hobbies Event, Possible Map variant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUILD_WARRIOR View Post
Ok so I have taken the "Forsaken Cloister" and added this variation.
The story line is a fault has opened directly beneath the ruins and has scorched the area surrounding it. Lava has begun to seep into the ruins and indeed is slowly over running.
Scenario is that after round 2 the floor between the central pillars will melt into Molten Lava. Then again after round five the final road hex connecting the 2 sides will succomb to the lava as well. Leaving only the higher ground to open from one side to the other.
Reason for this.
One, Lava is cool! Two, with the lower road access threatening to disappear it will force players to move quickly into the center to attempt to capture the higher ground for themselves. Thus thrusting the player into battle immediately.
Sounds like fun!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 19th, 2018, 12:45 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: M.A.D. Bros Games & Hobbies Event

What a fun day! It was great to see the whole gang again, and meet a new face of course!

For this Bring 2/535 Open I brought the following two builds:
1) Grimnak, Nerak, Hrognak, Heavy Gruts x4, and a Swog Rider
2) Bahadur, Manuvi, Darkclaws, Quickblades, and Swiftfangs

My first match was on The Spiderweb, and I played against Mr Inferno. I think he decided to run Laglor, Gorrilatroopers, James Murphy, and the Calibrax. I took my Wolfen build for this match. My Wolves managed to get the Def +1 Glyph, which helped their survivability. My wolves were able to engage his space monkies very early, so I prevented him from podding up on the top of the hill in the middle of the Web. Laglor got a good run of Autoload Special Attacks in, but sadly they just couldn't get the job done. It finished fairly closely, with Bahadur, Manuvi, and a Quickblade? left alive. You played that one very well Mr Inferno! I'm sure it was a surprise when the Quickblades used their Lightning Slashes to seriously hinder your defenses. It was a pleasure!

1-0 so far, good start for planet Grut!

My second game was on City Streets, and I played against Grimnak. He ran a Jandar podge of Knights, Gilbert, Eldgrim, 4th Mass, and Templars. I took my Wolves against this one as well. On his first turn, he manged to roll a wicked 7 Symbols for Gilbert's Dispatch Aura. He attempted to get a good charge in with the Templars, but I managed to stop him there. The 4th Mass did a good number on my wolves, killing Bahadur almost immediately! I did bring in Manuvi to try to fight whatever he could, and he did manage to kill about 3 or 4 Knights. Grimnak won this game decidedly. Well played Grimnak!

1-1 so far, still doing well!

My third game was on Volcanic Desert, versus Hosie. He fielded Death Knights, Skull Demons, Marro Warriors, and the Airborne Elite. I played my Orcs build this time. Nerak ran to the Glyph of Gerda and died swiftly to a Skull Demon. But, once Grimnak got to the glyph's pit, he was able to bite and chew all over the Death Knights. The dice were in my favor quite a bit, since his units took significant damage from the molten rock tiles. Additionally his Airborne did not get to drop in. You played that one well Hosie!

2-1 and rarin' for more!

My fourth game was against @GUILD_WARRIOR on Thy Kindness Freezes. He had a bunch of Hoplitrons, Major Scythe, Sentinels of Grax, Martial La Hire, and Andask. I used da orc boys for this one, hoping that my numbers would be enough to overpower the high defense stats of the Hoplite-borgs and Major Scythe. Being able to chomp the Sentinels would also help reduce their effectiveness if GW's d20 wasn't hot. However, we quickly saw that his dice were all cold as ice this game. You did your best to cut down on my number of attacks this game but the dice were just nowhere near your favor today. Well played good sir!

3-1 and getting hungry. Mcdonalds just didn't cut it that morning.

My fifth game would be on Mountain Pass versus @Lahburn . He had been rolling Heracules and Minions all day and was enjoying his build. I knew that my wolves were again seriously disadvantaged in this one (since Hercules is a monster!!), so I went with good ol' Chompy and his d20 goodness. On the first turn, Lahburn bum-rushed Hercules straight into Grimnak with Labors' eXtra turn. Grimnak survived that first attack and did nothing to Hercules, but my Heavies quickly had Hercules surrounded and returned to Olympus. Afterwards, his Minions suffered wounds from all kinds of sources, including Wannok, Defensive whiffs, and leaving engagement swipes. You're getting much better Lahburn!

4-1 and slayed a legend.

My sixth and last game was against Dylan on Volcanic Desert. He played Racheim, a Hydra, Krug, and Einar Imperium. The Orcs came out again, since I didn't want to keep pulling the confrontation minis out of their case if I could help it, and we were on a time crunch anyway. The Orcs managed to swarm the board quickly and brought the real heroes down, and caught some sleeping Einar Imperium off guard. A two headed hydra was going all lawnmower over my Heavies for a bit there, but couldn't quite handle ~16 of them on it's own. I hope your first tournament was fun Dylan!

5-1 for the day! Pretty good, although luck was huge for me today.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old March 28th, 2018, 06:47 PM

MADBrosGames and Hobbies is surprisingly tart

Okay everything for the event is Up dated. We are looking for maps so if you want to bring on let us know. Send the link for it as well. and for quick look here is the new format.

Date: 4-21-18
Time: 12:00 AM to 6:30 PM
Format: 385pt 14 figure
Triple Threat - Build a single army at 385pt, to bring to play. Once seated at table for round, there will be a third army. First player chooses out of the three armies (yours, Opponents, and table army) to play. Game runs as normal from that point.
Old March 30th, 2018, 07:54 PM
I could go

I have this map built already, so I can bring it.

Barrenspur: Tomb of Migol II
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=4761

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old April 3rd, 2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I have this map built already, so I can bring it.

Barrenspur: Tomb of Migol II
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=4761
Sounds good I will add it
Old April 6th, 2018, 03:07 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Heroscape and have really gotten addicted to the game. I'm anxious to experience what playing in a tournament is like. I was thinking of coming in for the April 21st tournament. It's a bit of a drive, but the wife has given me permission to abandon her and the fam for the whole day. Is this tournament still happening? Are newbs welcome? Do I need to register ahead of time? Apologies in advance if I screw up some of the rules or don't know all of the proper Heroscape etiquette.
Old April 6th, 2018, 03:22 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm new to Heroscape and have really gotten addicted to the game. I'm anxious to experience what playing in a tournament is like. I was thinking of coming in for the April 21st tournament. It's a bit of a drive, but the wife has given me permission to abandon her and the fam for the whole day. Is this tournament still happening? Are newbs welcome? Do I need to register ahead of time? Apologies in advance if I screw up some of the rules or don't know all of the proper Heroscape etiquette.
The event is still happening (the OP is the store itself).
Newbs are definately welcome!
Letting the OP know your coming is helpful, but not required.
Don’t worry about messing up the rules, your opponent will be happy to help you.
Welcome to the site! Drive safely as well, Michigan is a bit of a haul.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old April 6th, 2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
Hi everyone,

Welcome to the game good sir. You are always welcome. We have a great crowd and they make it a wonderful experience for players of all levels. We look forward to having you.
Old April 6th, 2018, 03:31 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

You should definitely come! We were going to be really relaxed and chill about it so if you don’t know all the rules that’s OK. We’re just going mostly to have a fun time. You don’t need to sign up in advance or anything, just bring yourself, your army, any friends you’re bringing, their armies, dice, wound markers, order markers and you’re pretty much all set! If you have a map you’d like to bring you’re welcome to post that here and get it cleared with everybody before you bring it. I hope to see you there!
Old April 7th, 2018, 10:31 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

Awesome! Thanks everyone. Count me in. Really looking forward to it. Also, have to say that I love the format. 385pt/14space armies seems like it's guaranteed to keep a nice balance between hero- and squad- scape.
Old April 7th, 2018, 10:38 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I'm like 70% sure I'll come, and if I do, it'll be probably with at least one brother and a map.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events