Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of a Heroscape oriented Discord server?
Yes! This would be a wonderful expansion to the community! 3 23.08%
Sounds like fun. 5 38.46%
Meh, I wouldn't use it. 3 23.08%
No, this unnecessary, we already have a strong forum base, we don't need Discord. 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 10th, 2018, 01:19 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker
Discord Server?

Over the last year or so, I have become (if I do say so myself) somewhat of a discord aficionado, I own 3 active servers and administrate 6 other popular discord servers. This has got me thinking, what if I went and made a HeroScape server?

Well, firstly, I do not intend to take away activity from the forums by having a discord server for scapers. If anything, a discord server would increase activity to the forums because it would be a reminder towards it. I also plan on promoting forum threads such as HoSS/C3G/C3V releases, new software, Craig Van Ness news, etc.

Secondly, I think a real-time chat service would be a fun thing for this community to have access to. Anyone can use Discord via browser, there is a mobile app, and you can download it on some OSs. You can even voice chat through it!

Please leave feedback, comments, etc. How could I make the server amazing? Is a server wrong? Tell me!

You can find the server here: https://discord.gg/pFFMrtU
It is not finished yet, but if people join to help me build it, that would be great!

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old January 10th, 2018, 05:37 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Discord Server?

I'm too old...I don't know what a discord server is and therefore I don't know why I would need it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 10th, 2018, 09:44 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm not a huge fan of Discord. I really only use it when there are no other ways to communicate with people, and that's hardly applicable here. I doubt that I would ever really use Discord over these forums, especially since I've grown so accustomed to them by now.

That all said, I'm fine with any attempts to increase the game's popularity, and there's a chance that you might be able to reach some younger audiences with it that Heroscapers.com doesn't entice enough. I wish you the best of luck in getting it running!
Old January 10th, 2018, 11:58 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

We've got one here. It's not super active, but I'd rather promote the already existing one instead of making a bunch of micro servers.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old January 11th, 2018, 12:07 AM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I'm too old...I don't know what a discord server is and therefore I don't know why I would need it.
Discord is a free, real-time chat service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I'm not a huge fan of Discord. I really only use it when there are no other ways to communicate with people, and that's hardly applicable here. I doubt that I would ever really use Discord over these forums, especially since I've grown so accustomed to them by now.

That all said, I'm fine with any attempts to increase the game's popularity, and there's a chance that you might be able to reach some younger audiences with it that Heroscapers.com doesn't entice enough. I wish you the best of luck in getting it running!
I don't intend for Discord to replace the forums, or for people to use it over the forums. Rather, in conjunction with the forums. Discord is a way to instantly get a reply to a question (provided others are online), to get reactions, to hold normal conversations without filling pages. Forums and Chats have different strengths and weaknesses, each one is missing something the other has. I don't want anyone leaving the forums for discord, just providing another option. Like having RotV (the forums), but wanting other options like Marvel, D&D scape, etc. (Discord) I kind of want Discord to be an extension or expansion, not a replacement.

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old January 11th, 2018, 01:19 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Discord is a free, real-time chat service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post

I don't intend for Discord to replace the forums, or for people to use it over the forums. Rather, in conjunction with the forums. Discord is a way to instantly get a reply to a question (provided others are online), to get reactions, to hold normal conversations without filling pages. Forums and Chats have different strengths and weaknesses, each one is missing something the other has. I don't want anyone leaving the forums for discord, just providing another option. Like having RotV (the forums), but wanting other options like Marvel, D&D scape, etc. (Discord) I kind of want Discord to be an extension or expansion, not a replacement.
I understand and feel the same way: I have no qualms with people using Discord, and I don't think that they would be used in the same way as these forums. I was just stating that I personally prefer these forums, even when asking questions (this website fulfills just about every one of my HeroScape needs, and I'm not a huge fan of Discord in general), but I know that others might be more interested in a Discord server.

If it can be carried out, it could always boost popularity for the game, which is never a bad thing.
Old January 11th, 2018, 09:21 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yours looks like the third thread since in August 2016 discussing a Heroscape Discord Server. There is the one linked above and then @Pumpkin_King posted something last September

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 11th, 2018, 10:05 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Mind is mostly for just talking about customs. There's a couple people in there and it isn't super active.

The one Kajoq has, and then there's another one for primarily Tabletop Sim. I'll join oyurs though, in case it gets active! Would love to have an active Discord server for us.
Old January 11th, 2018, 03:42 PM

Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby!

I'd like to get the info for a Discord server if it becomes active.
Old January 11th, 2018, 05:09 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Hold on - we’re discussing some stuff!
Old January 12th, 2018, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhaphaos View Post
I'd like to get the info for a Discord server if it becomes active.
We've sort of decided to try and get the existing one more active. Here's a link to it.
Old February 10th, 2018, 07:59 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I guess it could be a nice enhancement for HeroScape Online (adding a bot , voice channels for Online Games, an announcement and a meeting channel etc....), but it would need a lot of work to get a real added value. ^^

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online