Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 9th, 2011, 03:43 AM

Strack9 rolls all skulls baby! Strack9 rolls all skulls baby! Strack9 rolls all skulls baby! Strack9 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of the Zombie Hulk

Congratulations Dok on the first SOV approved creation!

Here's a question that I hope I didn't miss the answer to elsewhere:
Does Zombie Rises Again stop working after the last Zombie Hulk is destroyed? My intuition goes both ways on this. My first intuition is that powers on cards don't work unless the (or at least one) figure is still alive, a la Marcus Decimus Gallus's Soldier Leadership; unless an exception is specified on the card a la Thanos' Rejected By Death. My second intuition, however, is that if this were the case it would be useless to draft only one copy of the Zombie Hulk. Maybe both my intuitions are correct and I'm overthinking it . . .

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old May 9th, 2011, 09:13 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strack9 View Post
Congratulations Dok on the first SOV approved creation!

Here's a question that I hope I didn't miss the answer to elsewhere:
Does Zombie Rises Again stop working after the last Zombie Hulk is destroyed? My intuition goes both ways on this. My first intuition is that powers on cards don't work unless the (or at least one) figure is still alive, a la Marcus Decimus Gallus's Soldier Leadership; unless an exception is specified on the card a la Thanos' Rejected By Death. My second intuition, however, is that if this were the case it would be useless to draft only one copy of the Zombie Hulk. Maybe both my intuitions are correct and I'm overthinking it . . .
The ZH card says "any Undead Savage..." so your destroyed ZH(s) can come back into play.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old May 9th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Q. If a Zombie Hulk is negated and then destroyed, can it be returned to the battlefield via Zombie Rises Again?
A. No
. It is the power of the destroyed figure that is being activated when a Zombie Hulk returns to the battlefield. If a Zombie Hulk is negated, it may not use Zombie Rises Again.
Does this ruling stand when I control multiple Zombie Hulks? It seems to me, based on the phrasing, the second Zombie Hulk's power would cover for the negated Hulk's lack of it. The second hulk would still be negated (though it wouldn't have the marker ) but it seems like it should still be able to be revived.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 9th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

The wording only suggests that if the negated Hulk is brought back, it could not, in its turn, bring another Hulk back.

Old May 9th, 2011, 10:46 AM

Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's quite exciting to have a new unit released. What perfect timing with the advent of Auggie's sale of customs.

Played a game with
2x Zombie Hulk
6x Zombies of Morindan

The zombies lost to the drow, but in the meantime it was a blast playing the Zombie Hulk. Perfect balance of playability and fun.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:57 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I've edited the FAQ with a more complete explanation of the Zombie Rises Again power. It makes it more clear that Zombies of Morindan can bring back Zombie Hulks, and also provides a more consistent interpretation of how to handle the negation scenario.
Old May 9th, 2011, 01:06 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I've edited the FAQ with a more complete explanation of the Zombie Rises Again power. It makes it more clear that Zombies of Morindan can bring back Zombie Hulks, and also provides a more consistent interpretation of how to handle the negation scenario.
Hope you don't mind but I posted this book on our site here (just a link pointing here). There are still those that don't know about heroscapers.com so hopefully this will get some new blood to heroscapers.com, at least, downt he road when I start promoting the new site.
.....Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old May 13th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Themed His Pants

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looks good. I like the subtle changes you made to the powers to make him tie in with more units. The artwork looks fantastic too.

My Customs: Metroid / Starcraft / Classic
Old May 13th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Where is the SoV symbol that they worked so hard on?
Old May 13th, 2011, 01:40 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Whew, I just got done debasing a pair of these brutes. Luckily, the ZH plastic is very soft after a nice hot bath. The bases got so pliable they even started to sag under their own weight. It took about 10 minutes of repeated hot water dips & xacto-ing (careful to keep all those zombie toes intact) to free up each figure. I highly recommend the hot water treatment otherwise it would've been impossible to get them done as cleanly as I did.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old May 13th, 2011, 04:15 PM

mariks is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

gratz dok. looks great. can't wait to play with them.. keep up the great work!
Old May 13th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Where is the SoV symbol that they worked so hard on?
Working on it, working on it.

It's coming.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs