Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 18th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Pay it forward - Free miniatures REDUX

I think it would just way to far ahead of itself if you went that way. People can accept offers almost instantly, but shipping them off can take a while.

The whole point of this thread is generosity. If someone wants to take something, but not offer something in return, thats on them.
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:43 PM

Karrde is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Generally you wait till you receive the offer.
I don't think that's such a good idea. Look at all the chains that ended because the last person never bothered to offer anything.

I'd rather see an up-front offer that didn't get sent out until they receive what they were offered.
I think it's better to wait till you receive, as many times the chains have gotten ahead of themselves and someone two or three back never (or received late) got what they claimed.
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:44 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Well, when I get home tonight, I'll go through my extra packs and pick something to send as my offer, and post it here.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I think it would just way to far ahead of itself if you went that way. People can accept offers almost instantly, but shipping them off can take a while.
That is an issue. Perhaps they could wait to see who makes the best offer before choosing someone that gets their offer?

That would encourage people to make great offers too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:51 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
2) the first person who accepts the offer by posting here after the offer goes out is the next target. The person offering can get in touch with the person receiving through PM for address info.

3) The person offering posts a message saying the package is on its way. This way if the thread is broken, we will at least know who the Grinch was.

Additional suggestions by caltino:
2) If you are the next target and a package is on the way, please post a picture of the minis that you will offer when you receive your package. It's nice to see the minis that are going around. The pics can be stock images from the net. Please at least describe them, so the members of the forum can watch the thread if they are interested in your (upcoming) offer.
Basically wait until you PM the person offering your address and they either reply that it is on its way or you actually get it. Rarely people say they are going to send it and then never do, but you could take this risk and post an offer as soon as you have a "gentlemanly agreement" with the person and reasonable assurance it will be sent to you.
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:59 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I kinda feel the less formal this is, the better. This isn't really a trade forum... Less rules, less formality means everyone enjoys it more.

And if someone receives and doesn't pay it forward, well... life has its way with dealing with those people too.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old January 18th, 2011, 01:22 PM

reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Edit: never mind

Last edited by reverie; January 18th, 2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: I missed something, somewhere
Old January 18th, 2011, 03:12 PM

fallow is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by winonavampire View Post
I kinda feel the less formal this is, the better. This isn't really a trade forum... Less rules, less formality means everyone enjoys it more.

And if someone receives and doesn't pay it forward, well... life has its way with dealing with those people too.
Yeah, if it's in the states I can catch a $59 flight to 'discuss' their failure to pay forward.

-Member, defeated by Xanth club.

-Selling most of my 'Scape to keep from losing my house :/
Old January 18th, 2011, 03:31 PM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallow View Post
Quote:

Yeah, if it's in the states I can catch a $59 flight to 'discuss' their failure to pay forward.
Want me to PM you Amarant's (Location: USA-PA-Milton) address?

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old January 18th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnRedChops View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallow View Post
Quote:

Want me to PM you Amarant's (Location: USA-PA-Milton) address?

CRC
I never did receive the items he offered. It would have been nice if he at least had the decency to tell me he was backing out.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:40 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Oh and Kepler, I finally got to the post office today and shipped your Heroes. Real Life has been a killer lately.
I received yesterday. Thanks.

My package will go out early next week.
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:46 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Sweet. Sorry for the huge delays.

Anyways I love this thread and may accept another offer down the road.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion