Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 19th, 2014, 12:25 AM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker
Figure Suggestion Thread

So as far as I know no other thread like this exists. So I figured that I might as well start it. So without further ado I ask you my fellow scapers....

Have you ever come up with a great idea for a custom unit, but didn't have a suitable figure for it? Or maybe you have a fantastic unit that you want to submit to the SoV, but can't because accessibility is non existent?

Well then this is the place to go. Stop by this thread and ask your fellow scapers if there is a perfect figure to match your idea, or a figure that looks like your dream SoV design but is in higher availability!

Basically this is a place where we can ask each other for recommendations for figures to use for customs. So maybe you desperately need a minotaur holding a crossbow, but you can't seem to find one, perhaps someone else has seen this figure and can point you in the right direction. Or maybe you need some pre-painted martians to make a custom common squad but just can't seem to find the right ones. Well maybe someone can point out a store that you some how managed to miss with all of your searching.

This thread should be a place for anyone to ask for any miniature. So if you''re looking for a good proxy to a pre-existing unit, or if you just want to find a figure that looks like your favorite anime character then drop by in here and ask the community for some suggestions. You might just find a beautiful gem waiting to grace your game board.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 19th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Figure Suggestion Thread

This sounds like an awesome idea, and I'm almost certainly going to be utilising it in the future! Plus rep.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 29th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Giving this thread a bump - this is too good an idea to just die.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 29th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Thank L O, as I was thinking to create a thread to ask if the following mini was already used by someone as a custom :
It's the Huge Red Dragon from Pathfinder.

From a video on Youtube, he don't seems too "huge" compared to heroscape dragons, but I'm not sure for his feet, they are possibly too far apart to fit on a peanut base...

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; August 30th, 2014 at 07:38 AM.
Old August 29th, 2014, 12:58 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I have not seen that mini used yet. He does look too big for a peanut base, though.
Old August 30th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Hard as ice

I've certainly not seen that figure used before - as to if it'll fit, I don't know. The feet look like they might be a problem, but then again, they might not be, and it is a cool figure. The boxed set it comes in is pretty expensive, but comes with two other red dragons, so is probably reasonably priced based on that, and the others do look like they'd definitely fit.

@McHotcakes , may I ask if this thread is also good to be used for looking for suggestions for what figures to use for a mod? There's probably a few guys down the line where that help would be useful for me. There's one in particular I'm thinking of (though I'm not planning on doing him just yet).

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 30th, 2014, 09:31 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

If it's like the White Dragon box set, the two smaller figures will fit, but the largest one is to big.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old August 30th, 2014, 12:11 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

@Lazy Orang Of course. This thread is good for finding any figure you may need for any purpose. And I don't want this to be my thread. This thread should be a tool for the community to help each other out, and find whatever they're looking for.

@DanieLoche I actually just saw that dragon in the store yesterday and I can tell you its way to big for a peanut base. If you put him on 2 peanut bases side by side he might fit, but that's not very practical.

I don't know about the other dragons in the boxed set though, they might fit better.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 30th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
@Lazy Orang Of course. This thread is good for finding any figure you may need for any purpose. And I don't want this to be my thread. This thread should be a tool for the community to help each other out, and find whatever they're looking for.
Awesome, thanks! I may start making requests soon, then - as I said, there's a few guys I have my eye on.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 30th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Hard as ice

Okay, I said there were a couple of guys I'd be interested in figure suggestions for, so could I ask if you guys could help me when it comes to mods for these two?

First, the 2003 Turtles Cartoon version of the Shredder, shown in these two images below:

I was thinking a Heroclix Silver Samurai might make a good base, but I'm not sure, and don't know where to go from there.

Second, someone that far fewer of you are likely to have heard of, but who is, in my opinion, even cooler than the Shredder - Babylon 5 ranger, Marcus Cole:

(Yes, this is a link - it will lead to an image. For some reason Firefox wouldn't bring up the image on its own.)

I was thinking the staff from a Heroclix Gambit and the head from a Heroclix Aragorn might work, but any other suggestions are welcome. The body - I don't know where to start there.

Thanks in advance!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 30th, 2014, 08:52 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

What about

Star Wars Exceptional Jedi Apprentice
Old August 31st, 2014, 06:53 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
What about

Star Wars Exceptional Jedi Apprentice
Thank you! That's a great figure for Marcus - he just needs a little head swap with Aragorn and repainting. (If I really want to go to town I could maybe even re-orient his hands and staff (or Minbari fighting pike, as it's called) so that he's holding it in both hands). May I ask quickly whether the line this is taken from is in scale with Heroclix? I want to know if the head swap's going to work.

Plus rep.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards