Notices

Old June 9th, 2017, 12:46 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: Savage Reverse the Whip! 7/1 in Savage, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It's not a bad drive. I've done it; you can too.
Yeah, I have too (well, D.C., which is a little further, I think?). But still, either making it there and back in a day or turning it into an overnight adventure are probably too much for some heroscape, I'm afraid.

When tournaments were common in New England, my rule was that I'd drive anywhere as long as there was as much 'scape time as driving time. I stretched occasionally, but that seemed like a good rule of thumb.
Yes, seems like a good rule of thumb. For me on the southern Jersey shore it would be a stretch, since it would be 5 hours of gaming vs. almost 7 hours of driving. I haven't played any 'Scape in way too long, so it's always a tempting proposition. I'm not committing to anything yet, but definitely considering the possibilities. Basically, I just chiming in to get the additional updates and be reminded - these next 3 weeks will fly like and arrow.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old June 9th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It's not a bad drive. I've done it; you can too.
Yeah, I have too (well, D.C., which is a little further, I think?). But still, either making it there and back in a day or turning it into an overnight adventure are probably too much for some heroscape, I'm afraid.

When tournaments were common in New England, my rule was that I'd drive anywhere as long as there was as much 'scape time as driving time. I stretched occasionally, but that seemed like a good rule of thumb.
Yes, seems like a good rule of thumb. For me on the southern Jersey shore it would be a stretch, since it would be 5 hours of gaming vs. almost 7 hours of driving. I haven't played any 'Scape in way too long, so it's always a tempting proposition. I'm not committing to anything yet, but definitely considering the possibilities. Basically, I just chiming in to get the additional updates and be reminded - these next 3 weeks will fly like and arrow.
So just stick around for the open gaming afterwards- then you'll play as much as you'll drive.
Old June 11th, 2017, 03:22 PM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker

This is a bad weekend for me and it sounds like it's going to be tough for much of the Jersey crew unfortunately.
Old June 11th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oh, that's a shame. Next time I hope. @hose ?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 11th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I got my new car and that means I'll be at the tournament!

Edit: I believe I'll be bringing Wo-Sa-Ga, one squad of Nagrubs and three squads of Marrden Hounds.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; June 11th, 2017 at 10:20 PM.
Old June 12th, 2017, 08:04 PM

OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker

Great news @Taeblewalker ! It will be nice to see you again!
Old June 12th, 2017, 08:09 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Excellent. Congrats on the car, my friend.

Still waiting on akden, but I know he hasn't forgotten.

= =
Old June 14th, 2017, 02:05 AM

vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker

Hey we were starting to plan our trip down and realized we don't know what to bring. None of us have ever been to a tournament before. Just wanted to have a little time to get everything together and make sure we have what we need.
Old June 14th, 2017, 07:36 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Excellent question. In years gone by that was in the OP but somewhere along the way it fell out.

Bring your armies including cards. You only need one card for three squads of Stingers or three Drow Chainfighters, because they're common. You need separate cards for three Fen Hydras, because they are uncommon. Also, bring combat dice, a 20 sider for each of you, and order markers.

There is some food in the mall but not a food court or anything, so I get lunch a few blocks away on Route 1, and I bring that. Specifically I go to Las Delicias food truck, but there's a McDonald's and whatever too.

Parking at the mall is plentiful but a little tricky. There's a small lot up front that will likely be full but follow signs to the big lot in back.

That should be everything. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

= =
Old June 16th, 2017, 09:45 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

Sounds like fun, but it will be a little bit before I know if we can make it. I will let you more as I know it.

good trades with rudyvalentine, crazytankster, and Jexik.
Old June 16th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Well it would be nice if hosey could come, and maybe bring his dad.

= =
Old June 20th, 2017, 03:21 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Definitely super interested! I'm going to see if I can take off that day. I should be able to, and I will post back here after I know. I'm also going to see if I can bring my brothers, if that's okay.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events