Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 14th, 2018, 09:49 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Red Lantern (Kara Zor-El) (Public Test)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I may be able to get to her this weekend. I’m moving here in a couple weeks so I was gonna put all the heroscape stuff away, but with Mantis wrapping up I’ll probably try to get my next design’s initials done this weekend as well if all is smooth, so I could likely run Kara.
Cool. I'm also gearing up for a move and already separated from my Heroscape stuff, so I know that life.

(Still planning on getting to Reptile in the next few days - I'm just stuck with online testing instead of physical, and it slows me down a little bit)
Old May 20th, 2018, 09:34 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Results in from Lobster:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R
The completed test is in!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Red Lantern Kara Zor-el @370 Points

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units:
Red Lantern Kara (370), Iron Patriot, Silk Spectre, Venom (C3G) (990)
V
S. Latverian Defense Force: Dr. Doom (Hasbro), Rhino, Awesome Android, Doombots x3 (1,000)

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Summary:
  • Damage Done (Normal Attack): 1 wound to Dr. Doom. 5 wounds to Awesome Android (Destroyed).
  • (Reckless Rage/other): 2 auto-wounds to Dr. Doom with RR. Rhino failed to injure Kara after charging, leading to him injuring himself for 1 wound. 3 auto-wounds to Dr. Doom with RR (Destroyed).
  • Damage Taken: Received 3 total wound from Reckless Rage. 1 wound from Dr. Doom. 3 wounds from a charging Rhino (Destroyed).

Who won? List of figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Latverian Forces are victorious: Doctor Doom with 3/4 Life remaining

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units:
Red Lantern Kara Zor-el (370), Lex Luthor (1), Kryptonian Soldier x2, Krypto, Bodyguard x5 (1,025)
V
S.
Laufey, Frost Giant x3 (1,020)

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Summary:
  • Damage Done (Normal Attack): 3 total wounds to the Frost Giants.
  • (Reckless Rage): 2 total unblockable wounds to a Frost Giant.
  • Damage Taken: 4 total wounds taken via Reckless Rage. 3 wounds from normal Frost Giant attacks (Destroyed).

Who won? List of figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Laufey 7/10 life remaining, Frost Giant 4/5.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: No Concerns here. Her potential for auto-wounding his unparalleled and makes her a scary draft pick for your opponents. High defensive units are a really good counter to this Kara and can keep her in check, dealing auto-wounds right back to her.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Another great design! Her Rage marker system is very intuitive and deadly. I found remembering her power set very simple, which is something I look for in a card.

Old May 20th, 2018, 04:52 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

For Reckless Rage, are you having to remove a battery for each wound caused by the blanks, or by the attack in general? Say I roll no blanks, but still cause 4 wounds, am I removing the 2 batteries on her card?
Old May 20th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Symbiotic

Attack in general. You'd still remove the batteries in that case.
Old May 20th, 2018, 05:37 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

And is that for any attack, even one that doesn't use Reckless Rage, meaning she attacked someone she started her turn adjacent to so the Reckless Rage rules wouldn't apply?
Old May 20th, 2018, 05:44 PM
Symbiotic

Nope, only if Reckless Rage actually triggered.
Old May 20th, 2018, 05:56 PM

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Red Lantern (Kara)

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Red Lantern Kara(370), Cap(240), Star-Lord(250), Angel(90) (950)
vs.
Thor(430), Sif(260), Iron Fist(260) (950)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Custom
Units:
Red Lantern Kara(370), Star-Lord(250), Storm(220)(840)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Iron Fist(260), Shang-Chi(230), Swordsman(160) (840)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
I think she's pretty fun. Her Reckless Rage mechanic is interesting, in my games it hurt her more than helped her, which is probably thematic. Of course that's all a dice roll luck factor, so it could really help her as well. Defensively she can still be a beast. The marker system feels slightly underwhelming just because it feels like she loses them so quickly out of the gate, then maybe get them both back one more time in the game. However, I don't think it's necessarily something needing changed, she felt good to me. It'll be interesting to see how the faction shakes out in the end and how she performs with her other Red Lanterns. 370 felt pretty accurate based on the 2 close games.
Old May 20th, 2018, 06:03 PM
Symbiotic

Thanks, Ark!

She does tend to blow through her batteries early, and then it's kind of a question mark on whether or not she'll get them back in time to really leverage them.

I enjoy the feel of it because (in my games anyway) it tended to give her a dynamic where she'd draw a lot of enemy attention, particularly on her last legs - everyone wants to pile on and take her down before she can break away and murderize somebody. The markers themselves don't end up spending a lot of the game on her card, but I do feel like they still drive her strategy and make her a big deal, so I'm cool with it.
Old May 20th, 2018, 06:22 PM
Symbiotic

I'm pretty content with the games from Lobs and Ark, so let's move Kara into final editing.

@japes
@Arkham
@Tornado
@Yodaking
@johnny139
@SirGalahad
@Spidey'tilIDie
Old May 20th, 2018, 06:24 PM

Re: The Book of Red Lantern (Kara Zor-El) (Vote Editing)

yea

If you double check the wording, I've got the card ready.
Old May 20th, 2018, 06:27 PM
Symbiotic

I think my only wording concern is making sure Reckless Rage is worded clearly, but I'll have to think that over before putting anything forward - open to suggestions on that front.
Old May 20th, 2018, 07:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

yea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library