Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old December 10th, 2018, 09:02 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Spider-Verse/Spider-Family Workshop

If it's in the book it would need to go on the card and I'm not going to update 800 cards for something that even you states will be inconsequential 99% of the time.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 10th, 2018, 09:09 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, homeworlds would really have to be on the cards, and I'm not putting the art team through that.

My solution (little symbol next to the secret identity) would involve something on the order of 2 card updates. Kangs are the only ones that spring to mind.

We have some other characters that are technically from alternate realities, but they're the 'main' versions of those characters, and wouldn't need to be denoted as alternate versions. (I'm thinking of Blink, Spider-Girl, Superman (Kal-L) and Miles Morales)
Old December 10th, 2018, 09:09 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
If it's in the book it would need to go on the card and I'm not going to update 800 cards for something that even you states will be inconsequential 99% of the time.

Why not just make it a thing on future cards going forward for alt-universe characters and leave the "main universe" characters as they are?

What's up with claymation?
Old December 10th, 2018, 09:10 PM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

I mean, is there any reason why main versions of characters couldn't just remain as is and alt-universe versions get something added?

Old December 10th, 2018, 09:15 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
I mean, is there any reason why main versions of characters couldn't just remain as is and alt-universe versions get something added?
Nope. That's what I'm suggesting.

The only updates I'd be advocating would be to bring Kang I and II in line with the new system, since Kang (II) already ran into this problem and had to have some "I can be drafted with so and so" language on his card. (And I'd loooove to not have to do that again on Iron Lad)

I'm just advocating a general 'symbol to denote alternate status' over calling out a specific Earth number whatever.
Old December 10th, 2018, 09:18 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Nope. That's what I'm suggesting.

The only updates I'd be advocating would be to bring Kang I and II in line with the new system, since Kang (II) already ran into this problem and had to have some "I can be drafted with so and so" language on his card. (And I'd loooove to not have to do that again on Iron Lad)

I'm just advocating a general 'symbol to denote alternate status' over calling out a specific Earth number whatever.
Is Kang (II) an alternate universe character or just a timeline character. Would we want to designate time travelling version like that with the same symbol as alternate reality characters?
Old December 10th, 2018, 09:21 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Is Kang (II) an alternate universe character or just a timeline character. Would we want to designate time travelling version like that with the same symbol as alternate reality characters?
What's the functional difference, and why would we implement a system like this and not use it on a character that teams up with different versions of himself?

The different Nathaniel Richardses all basically operate as separate entities, and their timelines have split off from each other - pretty sure Kang is no longer destined to become Immortus, and Immortus is just separate now.

Or at least that was the case at one point, and they might have gone back on it.

I'd be in favor of tagging them all as alternate versions.
Old December 10th, 2018, 09:31 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I guess the only thing it would change would be the symbol/naming scheme of whatever system is created.

When it does come up, put me down for wanting to copy the Earths-in-a-line iconography of Crisis on Infinite Earths for any sort of symbol.
Old December 10th, 2018, 09:33 PM
Symbiotic

I wasn't envisioning a huge symbol or anything.

Just like, a little A (for 'alternate') in a circle that would fit right next to the secret identity, pretty much the same size as the secret identity text.
Old December 10th, 2018, 09:37 PM
Just A Head

Yeah I was thinking something similar but maybe a bit grander, like two Earths crossing over one another to represent alternate worlds. That might be too hard to capture at that size though.
Old December 10th, 2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:

Just like, a little A (for 'alternate') in a circle that would fit right next to the secret identity, pretty much the same size as the secret identity text.

Personally I was envisioning something that distinguished which reality they're from more specifically, but this works too i guess

Old December 10th, 2018, 09:57 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Quote:

Personally I was envisioning something that distinguished which reality they're from more specifically, but this works too i guess
My problem with that is that while Marvel and DC use a pretty clear system of numbered realities, not all properties do that. So, for example, if I wanted to do an alternate universe version of the Doctor (I don't, that's too obscure even for me), I'd have to find a weird workaround for what that universe's name would be. Just having a symbol would be far more accommodating to more properties, I'd think.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy