Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 22nd, 2010, 06:57 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
The Book of Wolverine

The Book of Wolverine

C3G MARVEL WAVE 2
BRAVE AND THE BOLD

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Armor Wars set.
Its model numbers and name are #95 and #219 / Wolverine.

Character Bio - "Born as James Howlett in the 1880s, and commonly known as Logan, Wolverine is a mutant, possessing animal-keen senses, enhanced physical capabilities, six retracting bone claws, and a healing factor that allows him to quickly recover from virtually any wound, disease or toxin. The healing factor also slows down his aging process, enabling him to live beyond a normal human lifespan. This healing ability enabled the supersoldier program Weapon X to bond the near indestructible metal alloy adamantium to his skeleton and claws without killing him." (Wikipedia 2010)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Which occurs first, rolling for Lava Field Damage at the end of the round, or Healing Factor X at the end of the round?
    A: Treat Lava Field Damage like a special power from another player. Roll the 20-sided die for Healing Factor X and Lava Field Damage (and any other players' powers that occur at the end of the round) to see which comes first.
  • Q: If Wolverine started a turn with no wounds, but receives wound a wound after attacking, would Wolverine be able to attack again using Berserker Rage?
    A: Yes. Berserker Rage does not specify that Wolverine must start his turn with wounds on his card.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • As a figure with the Healing Factor X special power, other figures with the same special power can benefit from Wolverine revealing the 'X' Order Marker. Current figures with the Healing Factor X special power.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Wolverine is especially effective against Speedsters like Flash because of Wolverine's Adamantium Claws special power, and Flash's Speed Dodge 4 is dependent on how many defense dice Flash is rolling.
  • Wolverine's Beserker Rage, Healing Factor X, and Adamantium Claws makes Wolverine an excellent mid-level Hero killer because of his ability to get three attacks of 4 and subtracting 2 from the defending figure's defense dice.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Splash; August 6th, 2022 at 12:52 AM. Reason: png
Old March 22nd, 2010, 06:59 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Wolverine - Design Phase

NAME = WOLVERINE
SECRET IDENTITY = JAMES HOWLETT

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = RELENTLESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 280

ADAMANTIUM CLAWS
Figures subtract 2 from their defense dice when attacked by Wolverine with an adjacent normal attack.

BERSERKER RAGE 3
When Wolverine attacks, he may attack 1 additional time for each Wound Marker on this card, to a maximum of 3 total attacks in a single turn.

HEALING FACTOR X
After taking a turn with Wolverine, remove one Wound Marker from this card. At the end of the round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to remove one Wound Marker from each Army Card you control with the Healing Factor X special power.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IAmBatman; January 30th, 2016 at 10:44 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 07:02 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Is this Wolverine a version that is not a part of the X-men? I mean the blue and yellow suits...
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:42 AM
Prickly Cactus

He can still be played with the X-Men without the blue and yellow suit.

For me it was just my personal choice for the figure, as I have it and it looks better IMO than the one in the blue and yellow costume. There is also a version like the one I posted that has a black t-shirt.

Being that this is a group project, the figure choice is certainly subject to the group's interest.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:31 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey Hahma, shouldn't that read "A C3G Marvel Exclusive" up at the top?

I like the design here, most of the Wolverine's I've seen tend to be overly-complicated. And that mini looks great (though personally I'm a fan of the brown and yellow suit).

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:32 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

I would suggest separating the two parts of Adamantium Claws into two separate sentences.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:53 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Make sure to post the link for this in the Life of a Design thread!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:57 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

A few quick notes ... loving what I'm seeing overall.
Make sure to put his real name (James Howlett?) under Wolverine.
I'm not sold on "Warrior" ... it seems like "Fighter" would feel more contemporary, wouldn't it?
Given the figure choice, which I like, the first comic art looks like the best choice here (and I like it too, so that's good).
I love the stats and the powers (especially Berserker Rage 3!) and I think his Healing Power is set up nicely to be extra powerful without being broken. I like that he needs the X-Marker to get full use of it, so you can't double up with that and Psychic Defense in the same round. I'm guessing this guy is tough to kill as it is (I can't wait to playtest him!).
I agree with breaking up the Adamantium Claws power into two sentences.
I don't see any other necessary changes - I really like the direction here and I think that any power tweaks will need to be done in the playtesting phase at this point. Great stuff!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:16 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I love your version of Wolverine, Hahma. Both Beserker Rage and Healing Factor are fantastic. I'm not sold on Adamantium Claws, though. Like everyone else, I don't think a movement based power and an attack power should be in the same ability. At the very least, they need to be split. Also, I'm not a fan of adding an automatic skull. To me, that makes it seem like Wolverine never misses. I can see someone like Bullseye getting an automatic skull, but not really Wolverine. Instead of having Adamantium claws give 1 automatic skull, what about forcing the defending figure to roll less defense dice? This will show that Wolverine's adamantium claws can cut through armored figures like butter.

I am also partial to the first picture. If the mini you chose doesn't have the yellow and blue suit, the comic image shouldn't either. Afterall, there's not a lack of Wolverine photos out there.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:17 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

With the Healing Factor X, you may want to make his Life a 5. Otherwise he may be too tough to destroy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
I love your version of Wolverine, Hahma. Both Beserker Rage and Healing Factor are fantastic. I'm not sold on Adamantium Claws, though. Like everyone else, I don't think a movement based power and an attack power should be in the same ability. At the very least, they need to be split. Also, I'm not a fan of adding an automatic skull. To me, that makes it seem like Wolverine never misses. I can see someone like Bullseye getting an automatic skull, but not really Wolverine. Instead of having Adamantium claws give 1 automatic skull, what about forcing the defending figure to roll less defense dice? This will show that Wolverine's adamantium claws can cut through armored figures like butter.

I am also partial to the first picture. If the mini you chose doesn't have the yellow and blue suit, the comic image shouldn't either. Afterall, there's not a lack of Wolverine photos out there.
I could see going with a defense reduction for the claws - I could also see making it just the climb power. With either direction, though, I could see his normal attack bumped to 5. But I'm not sure what any of these changes would do to his cost yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
With the Healing Factor X, you may want to make his Life a 5. Otherwise he may be too tough to destroy.
Well, I know Hahma's playtested him a bunch already, so I'm trusting him on the power levels for now, until I playtest him myself. I could see eventual adjustments to various stats, though.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:38 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'm not sure I agree with you. Wolverine should probably be the hardest figure to kill in the Marvel/DC Universe. And he only has 4 defense. Currently, Darksied will likely take him out in one round.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library