Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 4th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Strong Guy - Brainstorming Phase

But staying put and forcing Beast to defend against it would be an option, right? Under the current wording? Is that the goal?
That's really my only remaining question ... though I think height advantage/disadvantage type things might have to be something we deal with in future FAQs.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 4th, 2010, 09:37 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I am not trying to derail you here, SirG, but I always saw Strong Guy as a figure that would basically have Hulk's Rage Smash and call it Kinetic Boost or Kinetic Smash. I mean to my knowledge (which is I would say is fair) he does not need to immediately expel any energy. He can take a beating then return the favor. And I believe it is not a one and doen thing, it just takes awhile for the effect to wear off.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old September 4th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I am not trying to derail you here, SirG, but I always saw Strong Guy as a figure that would basically have Hulk's Rage Smash and call it Kinetic Boost or Kinetic Smash. I mean to my knowledge (which is I would say is fair) he does not need to immediately expel any energy. He can take a beating then return the favor. And I believe it is not a one and doen thing, it just takes awhile for the effect to wear off.
No worries -- here's what I was going off of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Strong Guy possesses superhuman strength which he can increase by absorbing kinetic energy and use it to enhance his physical strength to an unmeasured limit. However, he cannot store the energy he absorbs for very long; as a rule he must physically expend the energy within 90 seconds to prevent it from permanently distorting his body.
which is why I originally had him temporarily adding attack dice to his own attack number to represent him increasing his strength until he expended the energy, but I understand the gameplay concerns of attacking on your opponent's turn.

If he's at a baseline that strong, then we can up his attack dice to 6, as he's only melee anyway.

so

LIFE 5

MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 6
DEFENSE 4

with still plenty of wiggle room on the number needed for KinRed.

And yes to Bats, SG could still choose to stand and redirect Beast's attack back at Beast. I'm always looking for ways to include strategic decision-making.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 4th, 2010, 10:54 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

OK, I think your current wording is solid, then, and I'm cool with the bump to 6. I also think the theme of the character is dead on. Good stuff!
Will you be playtesting this guy?

Old September 4th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Why yes I will, but I want to include some DO's on the maps so I can see how this power will actually play out. Any issues with that?

Old September 4th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Why yes I will, but I want to include some DO's on the maps so I can see how this power will actually play out. Any issues with that?
Good stuff Sir G

Can I convince you to go vote to send Commish Gordan to playtest phase?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 4th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Business Casual

Missed that one completely, sorry. Keep getting logged out because I'm multitasking with email trying to put out all the fires from the soccer league today.

2 weeks down, 11 more to go.

Old September 4th, 2010, 11:41 PM

For destructible objects, there are the castle door, the Marvel destructible wall, and then the stuff we're working on now that's being voted on for playtesting (though a few questions need to be resolved still on a few of them).

Old September 5th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Business Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
though I think height advantage/disadvantage type things might have to be something we deal with in future FAQs.
Would this cover the concern?

KINETIC REDIRECTION
If Strong Guy would receive 1 or more wounds from a normal attack, roll the 20-sided die for Kinetic Redirection. If you roll 1-9, place Wound Markers normally. If you roll a 10 or higher, Strong Guy takes no damage and instead may move up to 4 spaces. Strong Guy can use Kinetic Redirection only if he ends his move adjacent to an opponent's figure or destructible object. The opponent's figure or destructible object then defends against the original attack roll, plus any attack bonuses. If Strong Guy is engaged when he begins his Kinetic Redirection move, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

This way, if Strong Guy gains height after his KinRed move, the intial roll would stand and SG would roll one additional attack die for height advantage.

If the defending figure had height advantage on SG, it would roll an additional defense die automatically.

Old September 5th, 2010, 04:55 PM

Re: Strong Guy - Design Phase

I think it's really confusing for Strong Guy to be applying attack bonuses when he's not attacking ... I was more questioning whether, for instance, a defending figure would get to roll for height advantage if they had it on the original attacker and not on Strong Guy, or something like that ...

Old September 5th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Business Casual

I would be OK with SG not receiving any attack bonuses, since he is just redirecting the original attack.

I think what you're asking is this:

Green Arrow, on Level 10, shoots down at Strong Guy on Level 1. Strong Guy successfully rolls for KinRed, and moves adjacent to Hawkgirl, who is on Level 4 (she has height advantage on Strong Guy).

So the question is, does Hawkgirl get an additional defense die for height advantage on Strong Guy, or does she not because she does not have height advantage against Green Arrow?

OR the reverse:

Green Arrow, on Level 1 shoots up at Strong Guy on Level 10. Strong Guy successfully rolls for KinRed, and moves adjacent to Hawkgirl, who is on Level 7 (Strong Guy has height advantage on her).

So the question is, does Hawkgirl get an additional defense die for height advantage on Green Arrow, or does she not because she does not have height advantage against Strong Guy?

Old September 5th, 2010, 05:59 PM

That's exactly what I'm asking, yes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library