Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 12th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3G Robin Tim Drake - Design Phase

I see the thematic reasoning for combining it into one power, but mechanically it doesn't make much sense to combine them. The two parts of the power take place during different phases of the turn - one is after the Vigilante's turn, the other is when an opponent attacks. Heck, it's not just two different phases, it's two completely different turns - the Vigilante's and the opponent's.
Old June 12th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Would you guys prefer an approach (with four powers) like this?

VIGILANTE SIDEKICK
After revealing an Order Marker on a Vigilante card you control and taking a turn with that Vigilante, if Robin is within 8 clear sight spaces of that Vigilante, you may take an immediate turn with Robin. You may not take any additional turns with other Sidekicks you control.

VIGILANTE PROTECTION
If an opponent’s figure that is adjacent to both Robin and any Vigilante you control attacks with a normal or special attack, it must attack the adjacent Vigilante.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 12th, 2010, 06:24 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
I see the thematic reasoning for combining it into one power, but mechanically it doesn't make much sense to combine them. The two parts of the power take place during different phases of the turn - one is after the Vigilante's turn, the other is when an opponent attacks. Heck, it's not just two different phases, it's two completely different turns - the Vigilante's and the opponent's.
When I first read VS I thought it was 2 powers crammed together, but looked at the theme & thought that was ok. But now, after what GO said I definitely don't like them together.

Cheers
Old June 12th, 2010, 06:30 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

VIGILANTE SIDEKICK
After revealing an Order Marker on a Vigilante card you control and taking a turn with that Vigilante, if Robin is within 8 clear sight spaces of that Vigilante, you may take an immediate turn with Robin. You may not take any additional turns with other Sidekicks you control.

VIGILANTE PROTECTION
If an opponent’s figure that is adjacent to both Robin and any Vigilante you control attacks with a normal or special attack, it must attack the adjacent Vigilante.
That's definitely cleaner. I'm just not sure Robin should be a 4-power figure, especially when Batman is not.
Old June 12th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

VIGILANTE SIDEKICK

VIGILANTE PROTECTION
If I had to choose,
that part would just have to go. The card will still be loads of fun and competitive without it.

Necro and GO made good points, well Go did anyways. Necro helped me to see the hypocritical nature of my opinion... I think it is because I care so much about Robin, that I am willing to lower my standards to gain everything.... "that's a bad Griffin".
Old June 12th, 2010, 07:39 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well, since people aren't crazy about the power level of the Bo Staff power, wouldn't it make more sense to keep the Vigilante Protection power (which I think could use a better name) and drop the special attack?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 12th, 2010, 07:42 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Well, since people aren't crazy about the power level of the Bo Staff power, wouldn't it make more sense to keep the Vigilante Protection power (which I think could use a better name) and drop the special attack?
I love the SA at an attack of 3.
Old June 12th, 2010, 08:02 PM

Re: Robin Tim Drake - Design Phase

I just don't think the special attack adds as much to gameplay and certainly as much innovation as that other power does.
I really like the way the Vigilante Protection power would enhance the usefulness of both Huntress and Batman, for instance, and would much prefer that aspect exist on the card in terms of actual gameplay than what's essentially a double special attack.

Old June 12th, 2010, 08:03 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I think the Bo Staff will set him apart from the other Robins more than Vigilante Protection would.

Cheers
Old June 12th, 2010, 08:07 PM

The kind of depends on what the other Robins have on their cards though, doesn't it?
I think Dick will probably be more acrobatic, Damian will be more vicious and offensive, and Jason will be more of a risk taker.
I'm leaning heavily towards dropping the special attack if something needs to be dropped because, outside of the title, it's the blandest thing on the card.
Or maybe dropping the grapple hook.

Old June 12th, 2010, 09:23 PM

I think dropping either the SA or grapple line is the best option, but I'm having trouble deciding which one I prefer.
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
The kind of depends on what the other Robins have on their cards though, doesn't it?
I think Dick will probably be more acrobatic, Damian will be more vicious and offensive, and Jason will be more of a risk taker.
But with four powers on each Robin, how in depth do you think that personalized power for each one will be?
Quote:
I'm leaning heavily towards dropping the special attack if something needs to be dropped because, outside of the title, it's the blandest thing on the card.
Or maybe dropping the grapple hook.
OK, if you are considering dropping the grappling hook, I know you have abandoned reason for passion.

I truly believe that all Robin's should have
  • a grapple hook
  • a (singular) sidekick power
  • a power that reflects their personality
That is the formula that is most appealing to me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library