Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Notices

Old September 19th, 2010, 05:14 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Good Pig's D&D Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Option A
Movement Bonding with zombies + keep fear aura

Option B
Lose fear aura, but give him full turn bonding with either another Zombie Hulk or zombies (or any undead squad).
Here's my version. I was thinking along very similar lines to you, obviously. I kept the points at 60 but dropped it to 3 wounds (same points/wound as the zombies themselves). It's quite close to your option B, although it's not quite full bonding. I wanted to avoid chain bonding via Ornak, and I also wanted to make it hard to consistently get 4 attacks in a turn.

Quote:
Only thing I'm worried about with him is turning him into another Khosumet.
Yeah, it definitely needs testing. The way I have it worded, there's room on the card for a third power of some sort if it's needed. There's tons and tons of good options - some sort of zombie slam special attack, fear aura, adjacency-only fear aura, bonus to adjacent zombies... I could keep going.
Are you ready for a screeching U-Turn?

After playtesting my version, I found that the zombie shriek, as I worded it, gives very little value once the hulks are all in position. You really want your turns on the zombies themselves, so once the Hulks are engaged you don't want OMs on them any more. That was sort of the point, because I think a consistent 4 attacks per turn would be too powerful for the zombies, but the way I wrote it it's too easy to just engage the hulks and ignore them. I didn't want consistent 4 attacks/turn, but I didn't want the hulks to get completely shut down, either.

So... given the way my pseudo-bonding power draws opposing figures into adjacency, I think the zombie hulk does need to have some passive power to hurt adjacent figures. So... I'm going to run a test with the powers exactly as I had them on my version, plus paralyzing fear that only works on figures engaged to the hulks. I think this could work pretty well.
Awesome. Glad you got to play test it. I think you've really given this custom the extra thought and TLC it's needed to go from good to awesome. Let me know how the new power works out. I wish there was a way to get this one in front of the designers and make it an actual figure.
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:31 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Added a new Jandar hero custom. Toma The Tomb Seeker.
Old September 21st, 2010, 07:43 PM

New custom added Alkali the Young Green Dragon.

Last edited by Good Pig; September 22nd, 2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 09:12 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

You have some pretty cool units here. I'll have to try out your Angha card.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper View Post
You have some pretty cool units here. I'll have to try out your Angha card.
Thanks. I'll probably rework the attack a bit so it isn't exactly the same as Nilfheim's but I think it's a good foundation for now. Points might be a bit high, but the Revive thing should be worth quite a few points.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:41 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

These are great. +Rep for you
Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinekng View Post
Thanks man. Any favorites?

Some of them will get some more tweaking once I get a chance to playtest them.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 11:12 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:

Kronos and Molum, the -Nak brothers and the GAE. I do think that Molum's absorb earth special, depending on the map, is very powerful or not very powerful at all. I might consider replacing it with an extra defense die.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Kronos and Molum, the -Nak brothers and the GAE. I do think that Molum's absorb earth special, depending on the map, is very powerful or not very powerful at all. I might consider replacing it with an extra defense die.
Yeah, this is one ability where theme was given more consideration than actual play mechanics. I thought rock or sand should be available on most maps, but you'd never want to take that chance in a tournament setting. I'd love to keep some sort of bonus, maybe it would be +1 defense instead of a heal ability. Then I could tweak the rest of his stats accordingly.

Molum probably needs to be tested more than any other figure.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 01:21 PM

Added a new custom to the first post. Arima Ki the Dragon Samurai.
Old September 24th, 2010, 12:29 AM

New figures I got in the mail that I'll be working on customs for:

Also I want to come up with a game scenario to use this guy for:

Any ideas for the prisoner game scenario?
Old September 25th, 2010, 02:21 PM

Added 3 new customs. Orc Archer hero from new D&D Lord of Madness. My first common hero Royal Guard. Also, the Goblin Deep Delver.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs