Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old February 22nd, 2009, 10:31 AM

Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby!
Anthasu1's Marvel Customs- Added Ronin

Welcome to my customs thread. This originally was for my X-men customs, but it expanded. All my customs are numbered in the order I made them.

Next up: Ronin, Pyro, Avalanche, Scarlet Witch, Morbius

#1- Archangel

#2 Sunfire

#3 Cyclops

#4 Quicksilver

#5 Wolverine

#6 Sabertooth

#7 Punisher

#8 Daredevil

#9 Ronin

I just want to say, I do all my cards in proper size with normal HS cards, so you can print and it will be the same size.

EDIT: Click for close up.

CHANGES:
  • Sabertooth Added
  • Quicksilver Updated
  • Sabertooth Updated
  • Punisher Added
  • Daredevil Added
  • Ronin Added

Last edited by Anthasu1; March 9th, 2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Added Ronin
Old February 22nd, 2009, 10:49 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Anthasu1's Marvel Customs

I am unsure of what you mean by there aren't figures. I have the original brotherhood and X-Men in my thread and I'm sure almost every variation of those two teams appear here

That said, keep making your own. Multiple versions offer choice, and you do a pretty good job.

ANGEL
- Healing Factor might be a little too strong. With six life and removing one wound marker automatically every turn plus a 5 defense and 1 shield blocks all sometimes, it can be almost impossible to kill him. I would make it after every round or every turn but with a roll of the 20-sided die.
- I like Ariel Dodge, it's a cool idea. I would change "when rolling defense dice against an enemy from a lower level" to "when rolling defense dice against an attack from a lower level"
- It's good, the only other thing is left box stats and titles of powers are officially in all caps.

Excellent job for a first custom.

Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:01 AM

Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby!

I meant official figures.
Healing factor is a bit strong. I saw someone had made it so when the X marker is on the card it removes one wound. I'll probably change it to that. (Great Weapon X reference by the way)
I'm also going to change the wording on Aerial Dodge to what you said.
Thanks for responding.
The reason mine aren't in all caps is artistic license. It's also the same thing with the Comic Sans font (And that my Copy Photoshop program doesn't have the official Heroscape font.)

I'm going to put up Cyclops next, hopefully.

Last edited by Anthasu1; February 22nd, 2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Answered the Caps thing.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:05 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's GreyOwl's version, you can find the wording here if that's what you plan on doing.

Look forward to Cyclops, he has been portrayed so many ways in the past, can't wait to see yours.

Old February 22nd, 2009, 05:03 PM

I updated Archangel, but Imageshack is down, so I can't get it up. I'll try tomorrow.
Cyclops is also half done, I just need to put his abilities in, but again, Imageshack is down for some reason.

EDIT: Imageshack is working, Archangel updated in the first post.

Last edited by Anthasu1; February 22nd, 2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 11:56 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Nominated Archangel for the NM24 process. Check it out and please accept (someone I nominate has to! ). http://www.heroscapers.com/community...d=1#post765345

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 24th, 2009, 01:02 PM

Oh one thing I noticed about your cards:

Mutant is usually considered a species rather than a class. Since it's homo superior vs. homo sapien Angel, Sunfire, Cyclopus, etc. should be Mutants not Humans.

Old February 24th, 2009, 03:19 PM

Added Cyclops to the X-men.
Old February 26th, 2009, 10:02 PM

Re: Anthasu1's Marvel Customs- Added Quicksilver

Added Quicksilver to first post. If his background looks familiar, it is a different part of the one used for Cyclops. (The "Windier" side)

Enjoy.

Next will be Wolverine, Avalanche, Sabretooth, or Pyro.

Then I'll move to Spider-man villains.
Old February 26th, 2009, 10:40 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I like that figure for Quicksilver, it's the same one I have and one of Heroclix's better sculpts. As for your custom:

1) His personality should be spelled "Confident." "Confidant" is a noun. That's the trouble with relying on spellcheck sometimes.

2) I think he's overcosted at 240 points. Yes, he has stealth dodge, but since he's a melee figure his powers are working at cross purposes to each other. In other words, since he's going to have to get adjacent to a figure to attack it, he'll usually be cancelling out his own power. That's fine if you want to keep him that way, but it makes him worth a lot less than 240. I'd say right now he's more likely a 130-140 point figure.

3) Under Sonic Speed, tripling his height doesn't accomplish much. That would make his height 15, but his move is a 12, so he couldn't climb anything higher than 11 levels anyway. Doubling his height accomplishes the same thing, unless you're thinking about glyphs or future powers that may increase a figure's move value.
Old February 27th, 2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I like that figure for Quicksilver, it's the same one I have and one of Heroclix's better sculpts. As for your custom:

1) His personality should be spelled "Confident." "Confidant" is a noun. That's the trouble with relying on spellcheck sometimes.

2) I think he's overcosted at 240 points. Yes, he has stealth dodge, but since he's a melee figure his powers are working at cross purposes to each other. In other words, since he's going to have to get adjacent to a figure to attack it, he'll usually be cancelling out his own power. That's fine if you want to keep him that way, but it makes him worth a lot less than 240. I'd say right now he's more likely a 130-140 point figure.

3) Under Sonic Speed, tripling his height doesn't accomplish much. That would make his height 15, but his move is a 12, so he couldn't climb anything higher than 11 levels anyway. Doubling his height accomplishes the same thing, unless you're thinking about glyphs or future powers that may increase a figure's move value.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably make Sonic Dodge work against adjacent attacks instead of range. Tripling comes from the fact he'll have 15 move with Eldgrim and movement glyph, so he can benefit from that. I'll post a new version soon hopefully. Followed by Avalanche. Or Wolverine. Or Sabertooth.

EDIT: Quicksilver updated.

Last edited by Anthasu1; February 27th, 2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old February 27th, 2009, 11:01 PM

Re: Anthasu1's Marvel Customs- Added Wolverine

Added Wolverine.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations