Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old December 6th, 2018, 12:08 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Suskra Public Playtesting

The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons and Dragons figure from the Dungeon Command: Blood of Gruumsh box. The figure name is Wereboar.

NAME = SUSKRA
GENERAL = UTGAR
PLANET = EBERRON
SPECIES = HYBRID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = BRUTE
PERSONALITY =FEROCIOUS
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5 (single-spaced)

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 80

OVEREXTEND ATTACK

After taking a turn with Suskra, you may place a wound marker on Suskra and take another turn with him. You may use this power only once during a round.

GORE
If Suskra inflicts one or more wounds on a Unique Hero with a normal attack, you must place 1 additional wound marker on the defending figure's Army Card.

R&C:
Q: Does Crixus receive additional wounds from Gore?
A: No.
The additional wound from Gore is considered part of the attack, so if One Shield Defence activates, Crixus only takes one wound.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"

Last edited by superfrog; December 6th, 2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old December 6th, 2018, 12:08 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Suskra Public Playtesting

Suskra's been entirely reworked, and now should be a better option for your Hybrid armies. Let us know how he works out for you.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:

Old December 6th, 2018, 02:15 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

How does Gore work with One Shield Devense? Is it intended to be dealt after damage is dealt (to ignore OSD) or will it function like prior powers that deal extra hits?

I can assume the latter, but it’s good to be clear with the ‘must’ wording.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - Apr 6 (Truly Unique 600 pt)
Old December 6th, 2018, 02:18 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
How does Gore work with One Shield Devense? Is it intended to be dealt after damage is dealt (to ignore OSD) or will it function like prior powers that deal extra hits?

I can assume the latter, but itís good to be clear with the Ďmustí wording.
The latter. The Rules Team R&C is now in the OP.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:

Old January 4th, 2019, 05:43 PM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun

500 Points
Map: Wyrmwalk
Glyphs: TG x2, Wannok, Dagmar

Army 1: Werewolf Lord x2, Suskra, Seleena, Krav Maga
Army 2: Dreadguls x4, Valguard, Guilty, Pel

Which units survived?
1 Dreadgul
Guilty (1 life)
Pel (full health)

Battle Report

The Kravs took out 5 incoming Dreadguls and a couple of hits on Valguard before Valguard arrived and disengaged his way to taking out two of the Kravs.

Valguard become infected shortly after and was ganged up on by Seleena and a WWL, but did manage a few hits.

Guitly behind a dreadgul screen managed to take out Seleena and the last Krav while the Dreads started working on the wolves.

Suskra got some opportunities but was blocked at critical junctures, and movement was hindered by the werewolf lords. Guilty took down Suskra and the dreads took out a Wolf Lord. Pel cam in and blocked an infecting swing to take down the other one.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
-Suskra killed 1 Dreadgul
-Howl went 4/9. Seleena 2 got of those activations, and Suskra the other 2
-Suskra got 4 attacks. 1 4v3 that killed a Dreadgul and 3 4v4s against Valguard that were all blocked
-Suskra died in 5 attacks of 3 from Guilty (and an overextend)
Old January 4th, 2019, 05:56 PM
This is merely a joke.

Man, to miss on 3 4v4s... that's improbable (about 8.8% chance).

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:

Old January 4th, 2019, 07:32 PM
This is merely a joke.

2 games at 360 points, on October by superfrog:

Game 1:
Army 1: WWL x2, Suskra
Army 2: Marro Hive, Marro Stingers x3, Marcu

This game was a blowout in favor of the marro. Moon Frenzy activated once out of 5 tries, and that was turn 1, so it didn't get Suskra very far. Suskra Overextended once, which allowed him to kill a Marro Stinger he whiffed on the first time.

That was all he did.

WWLs went down fast.

Team Marro won with a full-life Hive, Marcu, and 7 Stingers.

Suskra points killed: 20
Game 2:
Army 2: Master Lao, Chen Tang, Shaolins x2

This one was very close. The first WWL sucked, but the second hung on a few extra turns and got some clutch Moon Frenzies. Suskra leveraged those into killing Master Lao (3 4v4s across 2 turns) and Chen Tang (3 4v3s across 2 turns). Chen Tang died to only 4 skulls rolled (1, 1, 2). He felled 2 monks before dying.

Team Monks won with 2 Shaolins remaining.

Suskra points killed: 273
EDIT: Got in another Suskra game, although this had a personal custom.

Game 3:
Army 2: Nicholas Esenwein, Bloodburst Thrall x3, Surgecoil Thrall x4

Suskra did well here, again using Overextend Attack and Gore to great success. He put 4/6 wounds on Nicholas (who gave himself 2 and healed 1) in 4 attacks of 4v4. He then killed 2 of the remaining thralls, although the thralls pulled out the victory with 2 remaining.

Suskra points killed: ~143

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:

Last edited by superfrog; January 4th, 2019 at 08:24 PM.
Old January 8th, 2019, 04:28 PM
This is merely a joke.

Another game with Suskra, same map.

Army 2: Braxas, GSW x2, Guilty

My first two Moon Frenzy rolls worked, and I turned that into 3 turns with Suskra. He got in a 4v4 and a 4v3 on Braxas, in which he rolled a total of 3 skulls which turned into 5 wounds. He got gassed before he could attack again.

Although Braxas died soon after, none of the Greenscales did.

Team Werewolf surrendered with a 1-life WWL against 6 Greenscales and Guilty.

Suskra points killed: 131

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:

Old March 2nd, 2019, 03:17 AM

Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As part of my playtesting event today, one fairly new player took Suskra. She specifically wanted to use the Anubian Wolves, though, so I wasn't able to slot in the Werewolf Lord with Suskra. She also chose not to take her to her second (and final before she left) match, so this game is unfortunately the only test we were able to get of Suskra.

A Couple Puddles by Leaf_It
Glyphs: Dagmar in the center, Gerda and Valda on the sides
Player 1: Morgan's Riflemen, 3x Knights of Weston, Finn the Viking Champion, Sir Orrick
Player 2: Suskra, Anubian Wolves x3, Khosumet the Dark Lord, Marcu Esenwein

Game Summary
The wolves and knights met at the center Glyph of Dagmar. They fought there, but early on Player 1 was able to secure Valda, bringing her knights up to 6 Move (I had been hoping that their slowness would be a balancing factor since most of the other armies at this event weren't as strong, but that was essentially a non-factor this entire game). She also managed to get Gerda, and the Anubians struggled to break through the knight walls.

The Morgan's Riflemen were also very persistent, destroying wolves from afar while they were tied down by knights. Player 2 said that she wasn't able to use Suskra too much, and I believe that the wereboar was likely sniped down while trying to climb up to one of the glyphs. All in all, Player 2 couldn't break through Player 1's army.

Thoughts on the Unit
She thought that he did pretty well, and that although the extra move was useful, it also made it very easy to be killed by the Morgan's Riflemen.

Speaking for myself here, I think that I overestimated Suskra's capability of being a solid standalone unit without a Werewolf Lord. Overextend with 4 attack is nice, but there are better options out there if you're not considering a Hybrid build.

Surviving Units
1 Morgan's Rifleman, Finn the Viking Champion, 3 Knights of Weston
~150 Points

Last edited by Astroking112; March 2nd, 2019 at 03:41 AM.
Old March 20th, 2019, 07:11 PM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post

Speaking for myself here, I think that I overestimated Suskra's capability of being a solid standalone unit without a Werewolf Lord. Overextend with 4 attack is nice, but there are better options out there if you're not considering a Hybrid build.

That's a great point you bring up AK. I'd request the next set of public tests done with Suskra be outside of a Werewolf Build. Try him as an 80 point standalone unit. I'm curious how he plays out there. Thanks for the test!
Old March 25th, 2019, 06:13 PM

BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Map: Corridor

Army 1: Suskra, Ornak, Cyprien, Blade Gruts x3 (450 Points, 15 Figures)
Army 2: Krug, Van Nessing, Horned Skull Brutes x3 (450 Points, 11 Figures)

Game Summary:
Quick and nasty game. Armies developed, and the Horned Skull Brutes made a hard charge to the high ground. Cyprien and Suskra tried to make some room at the beginning of Round 2, but only Suskra killed 1 HSB, and the HSB put 3 wounds on Cyprien and 2 on Suskra. The Blade Gruts and Ornak were able to push back the HSB, though, clearing some room around the high ground, though Van Nessing burst through the screen to get a couple attacks at Cyprien that missed.

Low on life, Suskra took an Order Marker to run past HSBs and attack Krug, hitting him twice thanks to Overextend Attack, and was able to get 7 wounds on the troll. Krug finished of Suskra easily, but Blade Gruts were able to get the final wound on him quickly enough. A little skirmishing followed with the HSB, but they had been hit hard already and were finished off, and all attention turned to Van Nessing, who finally finished off Cyprien. Van was on a piece of high ground limiting how many even-ground attacks could be made against him, and slowly killed Ornak and Blade Gruts while receiving only a few wounds in return. He was taking damage from Wannok which a Blade Grut had grabbed mid-game, but in the end, on the final round and with his last attack, was able to kill the glyph holder while he had only one life left.

Surviving Figures: Van Nessing (4 Wounds)

Use of Powers/Damage Done: Overextend Attack: Used Twice
Gore: Happened Twice on Krug
Damage Done: Killed 1 HSB, did 7 wounds to Krug (2 attacks in a row from Overextend Attack)

Map: By Babylon's Rivers

Army 1: Suskra, Eltahale, Brute Gruts, 53rd NC Sharpshooters x3 (450 Points, 12 Figures)
Army 2: Skahen, Rygarn, Heirloom, Buccaneers x2, Otonashi (450 Points, 12 Figures)

Game Summary:
Early game had Skahen establishing her dominance as she picked off advancing Brute Gruts and 53rd. Eltahale moved in to take out Skahen, killing a couple of Buccaneers on the way, but only getting 2 wounds on the Agent before being shot down. With no other great alternative, Suskra ran in, overextended, and put the final wound on Skahen. He also got an attack in on Heirloom, dealing two wounds, before an initiative switch hit where the Bucaneers cleaned house, stealing OMs and getting a lot of 4-dice attacks to finish off the game.

Surviving Figures: Rygarn (full), Heirloom (2 wounds), Otonashi, 3 Buccaneers

Use of Powers/Damage Done: Overextend used once to get adjacent to Skahen and attack her (dealt the final wound to kill her)
Gore came into play once against Heirloom, turning 1 wound into 2. (Had Skahen been full life when attacked, Gore would have turned 2 wounds into 3.)
Dealt 1 wound to Skahen (would have been 3, but she only had 1 life left) and 2 wounds to Heirloom.

Additional Comments:
Suskra feels like he has high potential, but his being a melee character with low defense keeps him tricky in optimizing his use. I donít think I played him optimally in either game (or that my armies were the best), but he still was able to do some damage, though I did have prime targets for him in the other army. Overall not sure on the balance (which is to be expected with only two games) as he went from feeling vulnerable to doing heavy damage in the matter of a couple of turns. Can say he makes for a fun mid-game surprise bruiser.
Old April 6th, 2019, 11:45 PM
This is merely a joke.

Just played against kevindola:

superfrog: Brigand x3, Locksley, Arthur, Bol, Suskra
kevindola: Red Ants of Aunstrom x4, Raelin v1, Drake v1, Gen. Simon Fraser

Map: Bountiful Grove by Robber

My round 1 plan was to bum rush Suskra at Raelin and/or Drake, so Suskra got OMs 1 and 3.

kevindola disregarded my plans and put all three OMs on Ants. They came in and tied up Suskra and gave him a couple wounds. He killed one on OM 3, but declined to Overextend because he wasn't going to reach Raelin anyway.

His Ants held Gerda for much of the game and just tore through my entire army. By the end of round 3, the game was over, and I had only killed 3 Ants and put two wounds on Raelin.

Suskra killed one ant, for 10 points, and didn't get to use either of his powers.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting