Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old October 6th, 2014, 08:55 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: NHSD Glen Burnie, MD ~ Mobtown Mayhem 10/18/14!

Is anyone else struggling with army ideas for this one? I mean, I am stumped. Maybe it's because this one is still over a month away, or maybe because I've got other things on my mind, but I'm really having a hard time. Maybe we can toss some ideas around and generate disscussion.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old October 6th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

(a) No; I built an army for myself and 5 armies for others to consider without much trouble, and (b) please look again at the OP and your nearest available calendar.

Did you follow the link in the OP to this post? Go to the "By Planet" menu, and see if you're inspired.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 6th, 2014, 09:41 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have 8 armies in a box to take to work tomorrow to start testing. But other than those, I'm stumped too.
Old October 6th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

"Testing"? What is this "testing" you speak of?

= =
Old October 6th, 2014, 09:57 PM

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Stephen Universe needs some work on his skills and ultimately it is just fun lunchtime gaming.
Old October 8th, 2014, 01:35 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Is anyone else struggling with army ideas for this one? I mean, I am stumped. Maybe it's because this one is still over a month away, or maybe because I've got other things on my mind, but I'm really having a hard time. Maybe we can toss some ideas around and generate disscussion.
Today I was just looking over the list of figures by Planet and came up with a few builds off the top of my head, so these are probably *NOT* any good as far as synergies go, but the 440 points would work out as follows:

1. 11x Eilan Sidhe .............................................. 22 fig's @ 440 pts.
2. Jotun, Krug, and Chardris ................................. 3 fig's @ 435 pts.
3. Count Raymond, 4x Cathar Spearmen, and Warriors of Ashra ... 20 fig's @ 440 pts.
4. 6x Dreadgul Raiders and Tarn Vikings ................ 22 fig's @ 440 pts.
5. Cxurg'gyath and 3x Mind Flayer Masterminds ...... 4 fig's @ 440 pts.
6. Jarek Guy, Kira Jax, B-11 and 3x M-43 Resist ..... 15 fig's @ 435 pts.
7. Kanto Daishi, Kaemon Awa, Ninjas of NW, Kumiko, and Isamu ... 7 fig's @ 440 pts.
8. Major Q-9, Omegacron, and 2x Omni-Repulsors ..... 8 fig's @ 440 pts.
9. DW-9000, 4x Zettian Infantry and Deathreavers ... 17 fig's @ 440 pts.
10. 4x Skeletons of Annelltinia and Marcu Essen ....... 17 fig's @ 440 pts.
11. Migol Ironwill, 3x Axegrinders, and Krug ............ 14 fig's @ 440 pts.
12. 4x Axegrinders and Sonlen ............................... 17 fig's @ 440 pts.
13. Morsbane, Syvarris, Jorhdawn, Haduc, and Theracus ... 5 fig's @ 440 pts.
14. Varkaanan: Darkclaws, Greyspears, Quickblades, and Manauvi ... 11 fig's @ 440 pts.
#15. etc.

@clancampbell ~ I hope this helps stimulate your creative processes. Again it's just some randomly weird ideas to think about and tweak according to your own strategic gaming style.

P.S. I just check the FIRST PAGE again and realized that #1. and #4. above would not be eligible for this event because...
Quote:
Format: 20 figures, 440 points, War of the Worlds (all units must be from the same home planet). You can find an index of the planets with a list of the official units from each here; a similar list for the C3V/SoV units is here.
... apparently D_S has decided upon a TWENTY FIGURE maximum for this event instead of the usual TWENTY-FOUR HEXES that encompass a typical Start Zone. Buy hey, what the heck, I'm just trying to start a "DISCUSSION" about what type of armies all ya'all are buildin' for this go around. Hopefully we'll see some unusual combination of Classic 'Sacpe and SoV/C3V units.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; October 9th, 2014 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Added Post Script
Old October 8th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Thanks, JG.

A word about parking and food at the new location.

The lot is huge. There is a McDonald's upon it. I imagine there are other food options as well, though to be honest I don't know for sure. If someone else knows the location better & can speak to that, please say so. Also, unlike in the past, you are welcome to bring your own food.

I'm planning on being there at about 11:30 to help build maps, because I think we're going to have a few that need to be built onsite. I'm aiming for our regular 12:30 start up, 1:00 roll dice start time.

What you'll do is, you'll give your $6 entry fee to the cashier. You will give me (or my agent) your slip from the cashier, in exchange for which you will get a sign-up sheet. Mercifully, I will not be managing accounting responsibilities any more.

edit: I'd like to add one more map with ice. I'm taking suggestions, if anyone has a favorite.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; October 8th, 2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old October 8th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I put myself down for three maps. So now ten are covered. If Johngee comes, that's thirteen maps, which would still leave us a couple short. And Johngee hasn't committed. So we're going to have to extend ourselves a bit.

I'm going to be at the shop with a few helpers by 11:30 to help build maps onsite. Those of you who can be early but can't bring lots of pre-built maps ( @Gurei-Ornery ), we'll be there for you.

= =
Old October 9th, 2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
@Dad_Scaper , I already agreed to cover @akden for maps. I have enough terrain to build all of the maps, I would just need help building them on site as I don't have a bus to transport them in. Getting there early and building maps should not be a problem due to venue change. I will probably bring 2 built and 2 or more in boxes to build on site.

I'll bring :
Remains of Clionesia
Cage Match
Lateral
Treeline
You only have me down for 3 maps even though I clearly signed up for 4. It looks like we need more anyway, so you can bring Remains and I'll bring Cut Throad and Volcan Ruins. There will be crazy map building going on before we can start. I will see if Stephen Universe can bring the map we have been using at work so at least 3 of mine will be prebuilt. He is having his surgery today, so hopefully that goes well.
Old October 9th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ok, thanks, G-O. I'd forgotten that @Tiepilot1138 had volunteered for Cut Th(road) already, so don't worry about that one.

The map situation right now in the OP, with your post & that adjustment, is not so dire. If Johngee comes and none of the maybes attend, we'll be fine. If Johngee does not come or more people sign up to attend, I know you, @akden and I can scrape together terrain for more maps. I might have to show up earlier at the shop, though; I'm not a very fast map builder.

= =
Old October 9th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

I'm excited to report that I'm adding to the list of attendees @Robber and KidScaper's friend Connor, both of whom have been absent from our last few events. Though Robber still has to confirm, I've heard from him, and I'm going to be optimistic and put him down as a "yes."

= =
Old October 9th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post

edit: I'd like to add one more map with ice. I'm taking suggestions, if anyone has a favorite.
How about Draugur by Madwookie? I'm on my phone so I don't feel like hunting for the link. If you want that one (or another snow one), I could build it and bring it with me. Two maps will fit in my trunk; I just won't be able to arrive early enough to build a third.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events