Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old November 7th, 2009, 05:08 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Are the old-timers leaving?

I'm not an old-timer by any means (though I predate some very respected members here) but yes, since the D&D scape was announced I have been on here less and less, though we keep playing (now up to 2 kids and my wife and my brother playing, soon to train my daughter, I think).

I'm 90% sure I'll not be getting any D&D co-branded scape (for reasons already stated elsewhere), so I'll probably come back when new classic waves or Marvel wave 1 comes out.
Old November 8th, 2009, 09:50 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm also probably not considered to be an old timer. I got involved when wave 3 came out and had a heck of a time trying to find wave one if any of you remember how that was. $20 and up booster packs of the desperately wanted grut packs. I remember Heroscape.net. And I knew of the game when it was at HQ.

I have no intention of selling anything and plan to continue to be a part of Heroscape. I have been on less now-a-days but that has more to do with my job rather than a lack of interest. When I worked 20 hours a week you better believe I was on here all the time talking and debating. Now that I'm working 42+ hrs a lot of that time is gone, lol.

But I shall still be here, still go to Gencon, still get beat in Day two of the championship. Still preorder every Heroscape item that comes out and eagerly anticipate it's delivery to my house. I for one am really looking forward to DnD Heroscape.
Old November 8th, 2009, 10:40 AM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

I think that the community as a whole gets kind of "Scaped out" after a while. I myself will often stop playing for about a month or two and then come back to it. It's a normal cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old November 8th, 2009, 12:58 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
I think that the community as a whole gets kind of "Scaped out" after a while. I myself will often stop playing for about a month or two and then come back to it. It's a normal cycle.
"Normal Monthly Cycle..." I nominate White Noise for...
Old November 15th, 2009, 04:33 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Not until they pry it from my cold, dead hands! HS is such a creative toy and game that its fun is endless, depending on how much of yourself you put into it. If you want to hear from the older people, just ask them a question that motivates them to answer!
Old November 15th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!

Just because my love of discussing HS has diminished doesn't mean my love for playing the game has changed at all.
Old November 15th, 2009, 05:21 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro View Post
Just because my love of discussing HS has diminished doesn't mean my love for playing the game has changed at all.
Seconded.
Old November 16th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker

Some of us are still acquiring...just quiet on the boards.

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old November 16th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro View Post
Seconded.
Thirded.
I think there is a natural cycle for old members. At some point we just find all the topics things we discussed before. And new ideas? Generally seem like bad ideas. It just gets old, you know?

Talking about the game, not playing it. Being on these boards has absolutely nothing with how much I like playing the game. I still love it, and probably always will, just like the Rev.
Old December 13th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think the Old Timers are being run off by the newbs.

It pisses me off to go back and read old threads, rich with well written and interesting posts by some very cool folks that no longer come here, especially when I know these guys outside of our forum and I know why they don't come here.

Over the years there has been so many complaints that the Old Timers are unfriendly to the newbs, but you know what? The newbs are winning... But we are ALL losing. The punk factor around here is the real enemy whether you're new or not. I see fools pop their mouths off all the time after just one or two posts, making outlandish statements on crap they know nothing about. Then when some "old timer" steps in with the courage to put them in their place, it is the old timer that gets grief.

I'm sick of it. I want the Old Timers back. I want to stop losing awesome individuals like Imax and SuperflyTNT, to be replace by ding dong nitwhits that don't know dick about this community and its culture.

*RANT OFF*

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old December 13th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I think the Old Timers are being run off by the newbs.

It pisses me off to go back and read old threads, rich with well written and interesting posts by some very cool folks that no longer come here, especially when I know these guys outside of our forum and I know why they don't come here.

Over the years there has been so many complaints that the Old Timers are unfriendly to the newbs, but you know what? The newbs are winning... But we are ALL losing. The punk factor around here is the real enemy whether you're new or not. I see fools pop their mouths off all the time after just one or two posts, making outlandish statements on crap they know nothing about. Then when some "old timer" steps in with the courage to put them in their place, it is the old timer that gets grief.

I'm sick of it. I want the Old Timers back. I want to stop losing awesome individuals like Imax and SuperflyTNT, to be replace by ding dong nitwhits that don't know dick about this community and its culture.

*RANT OFF*
What do you mean by "Grief"?
Old December 13th, 2009, 10:29 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
ding dong nitwhits
Why'd you look at me when you said that?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News