Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 1st, 2006, 10:43 AM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YagyuNinja
Man, if we could sit around talking about 1L36R24W and how it provides a bit mroe flexibility than 14L23W and 156L that would be...uhm...733+ I guess.
And I noticed that I forgot Ice, too, which would be 'I'. Heh.

There. 1I3L25R36W -- and a pain in the ass for people trying to link up other MOPs all the way around...
Old August 1st, 2006, 12:01 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
Those look good. I'm really getting into this.
thanks. and yeah, i know what you mean. way back in November when an HQ member showed some pics of modular model railroading, it was like "holy crap! HS terrain is perfect for something like this." i'm suprised it took me this long to get moving on it.

Quote:
Maybe I'm over thinking this, but you could use some of the organic chemistry naming conventions for benzene rings when labelling the road/water/lava tiles....Yeah, I'm probably over thinking this.
ha, funny. i have the same problem with "over thinking things". i constantly have to remind myself to keep it simple. the edge rules i've got could be way more complex...

but your "benzene rings" idea is a good place to start. just take out the "jargon" and use more familiar terms.
Old August 1st, 2006, 12:03 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I am not sure how I have missed this MOP stuff. I am heading out to lunch right now but will DEFINATELY be taking a look at this stuff!
Old August 1st, 2006, 12:26 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by srmalloy
Take the 'trail' terrain types in alphabetical order -- Lava, Road, Water -- then turn the MOP so that a point faces away from you with the 'trail' terrain at the upper right edge, and call that '1'. Counting around clockwise is 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Now you just list the sides that have 'trail' edges. For example, this MOP:

would be identified as "1L/3,6R/2,4W", using any convenient separators (or none at all; since all the side numbers are single-digit, '1L36R24W' is just as identifiable.
this works for 1-hex mops, but what about bigger mops? seperators would be necessary in case a mop goes into more than 9 edges.

i'm thinking about taking some of my own older maps and "mopping up" the edges...

what would be really sweet is if there was a map building app that could copy/paste sections of terrain from one map into another. then someone could pick and arrange mops virtually before building them. that could reduce the need to label edges. but labeling edges is still a good idea for other reasons (like automated mop arrangement by a computer program).
Old August 1st, 2006, 12:56 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
this works for 1-hex mops, but what about bigger mops? seperators would be necessary in case a mop goes into more than 9 edges.
Again, taking a clue from organic chemistry, attach an adjacent hex by indicating its position and its code in parentheses. Take your first image in this thread. The triple-hex MOP would be... let's see. 14R35W4(15R)5(24W); working clockwise around the individual MOPS, I see 156W, 24L, 156W3(), 25L, and 3R3W3(1R12W). Does that make sense to you? The empty parentheses are indicating a hex without any 'trail' connections.
Old August 1st, 2006, 01:02 PM
Spin Master

kind of.

the 3-hex mop can't be seperated into 3 individual 1-hex mops so i don't think it would be necessary to label anything behind an edge.

i do think the idea of indicating when a "trail" terrain (i like that word "trail" btw) goes all the way through a mop would help out with choosing and arranging mops, especially for water and road.

hey guys...there is another thread for general discussion on modular maps since this thread is more about me sharing maps/mops from my own collection.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...asc&highlight=

i'm heading over there but will be stepping away for a while first...
Old August 2nd, 2006, 12:17 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Gary this stuff is pure genius!! I want to buy a couple of master sets and some glue and start gluing these together.... See I hate map building and would like it a whole lot more if it wasn't so tedious.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:16 AM
Spin Master

put away that glue Grungebob, before you do something you'll regret later.

i think i'll get some sturdy cardboard (or similar material) that's light weight and easy to cut. then cut out shapes to match the mop shapes and put them under the mops for support. this way i can slide them on and off the table without them falling apart.
Old August 18th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Spin Master

that's one big reason for doing this MOP thing...rapid map building. before storing them pre-built i want to be able to carry them around (without glueing them together ). right now i'm trying out some inexpensive foam board.
http://heroscape.glasq.com/mops.html#trays

Last edited by GaryLASQ; May 25th, 2012 at 02:53 AM.
Old August 31st, 2006, 12:55 PM
Spin Master

deleted
Old September 1st, 2006, 03:37 PM
Spin Master

ok, couldn't wait to do a simple 1-hex, 1 castle set MOP.

click on mop# --> MOP5119

my system for assigning points to these things seems to be working pretty well. i was hoping for a 1-hex, 1 castle set MOP to be around 500 points.

also, here's a new map (not mop) using 2 castle sets that i'm calling Blutsymburg

Last edited by GaryLASQ; August 31st, 2022 at 02:01 AM.
Old September 1st, 2006, 03:39 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
Really slick!! Those MOPS look great! I love the castle.

-Ski

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios