Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old December 23rd, 2021, 02:03 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: HS2010's Maps Thread - New Map - 12/23/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Those central green 3-hex positions are too strong. Raelin can cover them without moving out of the Startzone and Dragon builds with Nilfeim/Quahon will live off that position. If you shift them forward into the center 1 hex, that might make them a little better.
I do share Sir Heroscape's concerns about those 3-hex heights. But otherwise, props for a great-looking map — all the more so, for using only a single RotV, and for being bilaterally, rather than radially, symmetrical! Hard to pull off. I like too the small 'voids' created by the water-filled pits and the other water hexes, around which units are forced to move..... like clockwork?
Old December 23rd, 2021, 02:38 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Camping the 3-hex doesn’t give you any lower glyph control with range less than 6 and the upper glyph behind the 2-hex ruin has hindered LoS. Not moving Raelin maxes your aura out at the front of said 3-hex, which means you probably have to play your dragon off the 3-hex behind a screen.

Fulcrum does the same thing 3-hex wise without glyphs and protects a space in front of it, which is more brutal for melee. However, Fulcrum’s 3-hex is more favorable attacking from range as despite the jungle piece attached to it, there is height available to be had on it, unlike here on Clockwork.
Old December 23rd, 2021, 06:21 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I hate Fulcrum for that reason. I think it's a broken map for campy range (i know others feel differently...but still).

As for this map... the issue is that the 3hex is the IDEAL spot. meaning, Raelin can be in that most forward position of the SZ...a Dragon can still sit in her range and attack the glyphs (even off the 3-hex) and then retreat back to the 3-hex as soon as melee comes closer in. GW's or someother screen can lock things up while the Dragon can sit in Raelin's aura and kite left and right and the retreat to the 3-hex. It's worse if melee has to run into 4th or 10th or any range with 6. They can camp the 3-hex and shoot the glyph and sit and wait. Good figures with less than 5 range are few...when I talk about range, I'm referring to 6+ range values, with the exception of Nilfeim who's threat range is "longer" than his 5 SA because he can fly and maneuver wherever he needs to.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 7th, 2022, 04:55 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Updated Clockwork. Rather than fight/test an issue, I figured it best to solve it. Map should feel much more dynamic with Raelin/Range positioning now. Thanks @Sir Heroscape and @Typhon2222 .

PDF
Old January 7th, 2022, 05:24 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

This is great. I feel like there's no obvious position to "set up shop" for a pod army or Dragon build...which is good! should make for some dynamic games.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 23rd, 2022, 05:59 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: HS2010's Maps Thread - New Map - 12/19/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
New map! Wanted to challenge myself to a BftU + TT + 1 other expansion since I strongly believe I have a couple other solid maps using the other Master Sets/Expansions. I also wanted to limit myself to 2 expansions here with the BftU and maximize the terrain since I feel like the last couple maps have had a lot of terrain and I can get away with a lot of stacking. Settled on adding the FotA because I've really liked building with road recently and the automatic pathing/pacing it brings to a map. I tried a few times on VS but nothing successful. Finally got out the terrain and put this together. Super happy with how it turned out.

Meanderthaw
Requires: 1 BftU, 1 FotA, and 1 TT

This might be more of a @Flash_19 map than Flash's maps and it's certainly more of a @Typhon2222 title pun than Typhon's title puns. I hate myself right now.
@heroscaper2010 , in what way does this feel like a Flash-style map? I don't doubt you at all — I'm just curious. (I guess I'm trying to articulate Flash's style. )
Old January 23rd, 2022, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Spoiler Alert!

@heroscaper2010 , in what way does this feel like a Flash-style map? I don't doubt you at all — I'm just curious. (I guess I'm trying to articulate Flash's style. )
Basically the shape of the map and to some extent the start zones. Flash Examples:

A lot of Flashes maps look like a giant hexagon.
Old January 23rd, 2022, 07:21 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was actually curious about the power glyph spacing on Meanderthaw. I'm counting 7 vs 10 (EDIT) move I think and am used to you being a proponent of more equal distribution. What lead you to the less conventional placement?

Last edited by Ulysses; January 23rd, 2022 at 08:10 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2022, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Basically the shape of the map and to some extent the start zones. Flash Examples:

A lot of Flashes maps look like a giant hexagon.
Gotcha! I see.
Old January 23rd, 2022, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
I was actually curious about the power glyph spacing on Meanderthaw. I'm counting 7 vs 10 (EDIT) move I think and am used to you being a proponent of more equal distribution. What lead you to the less conventional placement?
Saw this before the edit. 11 would definitely be too much. 10 is still 2 turns for 5-move figures. There’s the extra level 3 single hex perch outside of that farther start zone and melee has height on the glyph coming from that direction so I figured it balanced out.

The shape of the map and how there’s a straight shot with a single elevation change up on one side and a more zig-zagged path with a minimum of 2 levels up makes the spacing a bit larger than say an 8/9 or 9/10 split.
Old January 25th, 2022, 01:59 AM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Saw this before the edit. 11 would definitely be too much. 10 is still 2 turns for 5-move figures. There’s the extra level 3 single hex perch outside of that farther start zone and melee has height on the glyph coming from that direction so I figured it balanced out.

The shape of the map and how there’s a straight shot with a single elevation change up on one side and a more zig-zagged path with a minimum of 2 levels up makes the spacing a bit larger than say an 8/9 or 9/10 split.
Very cool! I love seeing how map makers balance their maps, especially when it's a little spicy as far as map meta goes. Bridging the spacing disparity with more vs less advantageous positioning is a pretty interesting concept to theoryscape on; I love it!
Old January 25th, 2022, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Very cool! I love seeing how map makers balance their maps, especially when it's a little spicy as far as map meta goes. Bridging the spacing disparity with more vs less advantageous positioning is a pretty interesting concept to theoryscape on; I love it!
Echo that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios