Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old October 5th, 2020, 08:57 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Superman IV (Initial Testing)

He's not worth 530, so not really a concern. And I have no intention of intentionally trying to juice him to that point.
Old October 5th, 2020, 09:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What do you think he's worth as is? Sounds like he's playing well.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 5th, 2020, 09:16 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Point Comparison with Superman II:

Superman II
Stats: 370
Flying: 30
Super Strength: 5
Powers: 45

Superman IV
Stats: 285
Flying: 30
Super Strength: 5
Powers: ?

As it stands, 110 points are technically happening in those three powers. Saying he costs 530 is then implying that its actually like 210 points, which is silly.

If we say that we're costing Man of Steel at 30, that's roughly putting Super Breath at around 5, and Heat Vision around 10. Lining that over, we've got 80 points of powers on Superman IV. The reroll isn't actually coming up a ton, and I'm ready to just make it once per round, regardless of the range on it, so lets call it a 15.

So in a way, the goal is to get the bonding power to the point of being worth around 65 points.

Limiting your picks more obviously didn't cut it, so the tools I feel are left are limiting the range, or just full on stopping picking anyone that has taken a turn that round.
Old October 5th, 2020, 09:27 PM
Book Wyrm

So the thought would be potentially moving forward with this:

Quote:
NAME = SUPERMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = KAL-EL

SPECIES = KRYPTONIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 430

SUPERMAN FAMILY

After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Kryptonian Champion and taking a turn with that figure, if that is only revealed numbered Order Marker on that figure’s card, you may choose a different Unique Champion you control that is a Human or Kryptonian within 4 clear sight spaces of that Kryptonian Champion and has not been chosen for this power this round. Take an immediate turn with the chosen figure, and you may not take additional turns with any figures you control.
HOPE IN ACTION
Once per round, after rolling defense dice for a Champion or Sidekick figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Superman, you may reroll X dice, where X is the number of revealed Order Markers on this card.
MAN OF STEEL
When rolling defense against a normal attack from a figure who is not a Kryptonian, all blanks rolled count as extra shields.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING
With the possibility to tick the range on those powers up to a 5 to match Kara if things somehow steer too far south. Like I said, ultimately I don't want to go crazy because I do think there was some luck in play here in Kryptonian favor, but I don't want to not do anything.

Though, alongside it, I'm slightly considering tentatively trying Supergirl II and Superboy II to have matching 4 space range on their powers to keep numbers consistent, but that may be me just being weird about consistency.
Old October 5th, 2020, 10:56 PM
Book Wyrm

Yep. Thinking it over, I'm going to also blame the map a tad. Six spaces is enough to get on central height on Chernobyl (a map that helps you against range) and still be in range of the start zone. Quick momentum was a clear thing here, and the limit on range (plus some different maps) should help offset that. I like how he plays and feel comfortable putting him in the hands of others now.

Since all his allies you need are On Deck, no sense running him in Public Testing, so

I propose we move to Sanctum Testing.
Old October 5th, 2020, 11:10 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Superman IV (Vote Sanctum Testing)

Yea
Old October 5th, 2020, 11:12 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old October 5th, 2020, 11:21 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

yea
Old October 6th, 2020, 06:32 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Just lead into the dominance. Bump him to 530 and make him even better. He'll still fit the same armies, just at 100 points higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
As it stands, 110 points are technically happening in those three powers. Saying he costs 530 is then implying that its actually like 210 points, which is silly.
You misread me, hoss. Part of that is my fault for not being clearer with what I meant.

I'm not saying he's worth 530 now. He's obviously not. I'm saying it might be easier and more fun to make changes to his design to make him worth 530 than to make changes to his design to make him worth 430. Because he's obviously not worth 430 right now either. That's why I asked you how much you think he's actually worth now. How far does the needle need to go in either direction?

Based on that Superman (II) comparison, you could clearly go with the power set as is and bump his stats some in a way that feels very much like Superman and hit 530 (or some other, higher than 430 price point that combines well, such as 490, allowing for a Kelex throw-in to reach 1100 with Superboy and Supergirl).

It seems you're set on 430, though, and think you can hit it with this power set without neutering the fun of the design. I think you're making it harder than it needs to be and might not end up at that cost anyway.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 6th, 2020, 07:45 AM
Book Wyrm

What do you think has neutered it? The only real big changes from the initial was the range of effect and how many times Hope in Action can come up?

I do have one more game I wanna try tonight though. A better X Men build could be good. Also this army will be absolutely neutered by scissors builds. Straight up.
Old October 6th, 2020, 07:56 AM

My reading is that you're struggling to get him down to 430 points. Maybe I'm wrong and it's easier than I think?

Old October 6th, 2020, 08:58 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'm with Bats in that, just looking at the games, I'd rather see the cost climb than the effectiveness of the powers drop. Not my call either, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library