Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old May 11th, 2016, 01:57 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Drafting from a Finite Pool

Well met!

My next Hosting for the Gang of Four is a draft game from a pool of 16 cards - 4 per player (
Under the Canopy). I did this to create a more balanced competitive environment for units to shine within that would otherwise be overwhelmed by the likes of Thor, the Thing, Thanos, etc. Regular drafting seems generally to be a time consuming process, primarily because so many cards need to be examined and reexamined by each player. Creating a pool - of whatever size - makes drafting quick and easy. If this game works out as well as I hope, I'll make it a regular thing. What do you all think of this?

Old May 11th, 2016, 02:04 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Drafting from a Finite Pool

I think a drafting pool based on point total might be better. Drafting pools are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 11th, 2016, 02:08 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great idea.

We usually randomly draw from a small point range 280-310, 200-245, ect. for quick games.
1-3 figures usually from various point ranges, last time we did draw two, keep one.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 11th, 2016, 02:49 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

I feel you, My Heroscape table is always 3-4 player games and with the amount of C3G cards we now have, drafting can be a real pain.

some things we have done to make the process quicker

separate binders for DC vs. Marvel (generally we will only pick one)
1,000 point game (Can't draft anyone over 250)
800 point game (Can't draft anyone over 200)
1,000 point game (Must have 3 unique heroes, no squads)
Old May 11th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I did a few four player games at a guy's house where he set up thematic pools for you to draft from. It was a lot of fun.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 11th, 2016, 09:47 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I like the idea, It gets kind of lame when everyone is shuffling through a mountain of cards to find the perfect counter to another guys card. Having just a random slew of cards gets you back to what is important, Rolling skulls and taking names.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 11th, 2016, 11:00 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Plus then you can focus on thematic battles more often too, which is big for me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 12th, 2016, 12:58 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Plus then you can focus on thematic battles more often too, which is big for me.
Well met!

Thematic means different things to different people. Not being familiar with comics post 1972 or so, chas says my armies regularly team up units in ways having absolutely nothing to do with their source materials. In another thread, my Hand Ninja army was totally ignored in favor of Agents of Shield and Hydra variants. Only comic consistent themes/armies need apply. Regardless, being able to create a collection of my favorite kinds of units for a pool is a real treat for me. Choosing an existing Classic tournament worthy map to begin with will ensure quick contact and no negative map issues. Several units make favorable use of the Jungle and Swamp terrain. I can see doing the same with Snow/Ice and/or Water.

Last edited by kolakoski; May 12th, 2016 at 12:06 PM.
Old May 12th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

When ever we throw down with C3G cards, Everyone gets 3-4 random cards point totals be damned.

Since we play 3-4 play free for all it balances out the point totals since if Thor, Superman or Thanos comes up everyone teams up on the strong player.

It is amazing how long Trickster can last in that kind of environment, since everyone ignores him.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 12th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Random from all the cards?

So I could pull a Moloid and you get Galactus?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 12th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Random from all the cards?

So I could pull a Moloid and you get Galactus?
I only have about 90 cards and I think Ultron is the highest point hero I throw in the pool. I think the Flash Rogues are my lowest point totals. We also remove cards that are overly dependent on synergy to be fully useful (Mr. Fantastic, Prof X, etc.). It is possible for one person to be running 1500 points or more and someone else not breaking 500, but the free for all format balances it pretty well.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 12th, 2016, 12:57 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

SLH S5 was a pooled draft where each player brought 2000 points of draftable figures, and players drafted 1000 point armies out of the 4000 point pool.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy