Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old February 13th, 2017, 02:19 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: WolfScape's Classic Customs

I'm digging Deathripper. He has a cool host of abilities, and kind of reminds me of the C3V unit Deathcommander Mark 3. Just lacks the super ranged attack (instead having short ranged attacks) and is about 70 points cheaper. Fundamentally, there isn't anything wrong with a extremely long ranged laser attack (see Zettian Guards). It may prove to be broken in certain instances, or even unusable in others. I agree with @TREX that his 2 range should be modified to Reach. This will help him stay thematic, and cooler yet.

Enjoy your customs! I reckon you'll find that as your collection grows, so will abilities to create customs. We all started with a small pool of units.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 13th, 2017, 02:20 PM

WolfScape is surprisingly tart

Thanks @TREX and @Dad_Scaper . I was just explaining why I did what I did on them. Feel free to keep giving feedback and I'm sorry if I was a tad snappy.

My Customs are https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53788
I like cats and wolves and wolverines.

You're reading this! Wow!
Old February 13th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

You weren't snappy. It's all good.

The important thing with the customs you share is that *you* like them. You aren't offering them here with the expectation that others will use them, by which I mean that, if you are, you will likely be disappointed. Share the ones you like best, and see what people think about them. They are your babies. If you get feedback you want to incorporate, go for it. If not, then don't. Either way, they are *yours*, and nobody is telling you to change them.

They are, however, making suggestions about how the unit might be more appealing to *them*. And they are experienced players with (for the most part) lots of experience designing and/or working with customs. Here, for instance, is a thread with a different purpose: people present their customs with the goal of getting those units into shape for a nomination to the SoV.

Your units are good! Like I said, I love the idea of a faction of frogs! And a commander for the Deathwalkers is a great idea! There is a *lot* of work that goes into creating the types of customs that get nominated to the SoV. If you want to see what that creative process is like, look at the SoV workshopping thread, which I linked above.

I wouldn't suggest, however, that you nominate any of your customs. They aren't there, yet.

Welcome to the community.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 13th, 2017, 03:06 PM

Dart Frogs just swept every single Soulborg I owned solo, brought their defense down to 2.

Old February 14th, 2017, 07:34 AM

Adding Utgar Soulborgs made from Playmobil squirrels.

Turns out I'm not making dwarves. The squirrels recoloring worked pretty well, so I'm using a Playmobil stag as V13.

BTW, I'm recoloring all of my customs with sharpie, because I'm a lousy painter, and I don't have any paint.

Old February 15th, 2017, 07:41 AM

Added Deathscampers and found a figure for V13... Another Playmobil animal. This time, I'm using a stag!

Old February 15th, 2017, 01:39 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Ticalla Tree Frogs Poison Skin ability says that the defender takes the wounds. But, it activates when the Tree Frogs are attacked. I don't think you meant for the frogs to kill themselves.
Old February 15th, 2017, 04:41 PM

@Serenity Right. That. Well, it would make the insane Frog army more balanced. I'll fix that.

Old February 15th, 2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
And a commander for the Deathwalkers is a great idea!
Actually, he started off as a proxy for Deathcommander, but then we realized that DC had height 6, and DR has height 11...

Old February 15th, 2017, 06:21 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice work! I have found the input of the community here a great source of inspiration and suggestion for my customs, and I hope you do too.

On the Miniraptor, the "straight line" bonus for Dash and Sprint Attack is a nice mechanism that's not often used. A neat take on Galloping Charge. I'm not sure how it works for the defense bonus, though, either mechanically or thematically. What does "on your turn" mean? The last turn you just took? Or the last turn you took with that Miniraptor? In general, Heroscape powers shouldn't require "memory" of what you did with that figure. Most of the time, those powers use a marker to indicate what happened to that figure before (used grenades, used up exoskeletons, etc.) You could go down that route, of course. But I still wouldn't be sure why the fact that he ran in a straight line before should change his defense now.

You can replace the power with Tough, or just increase its base defense. I think with a base of 3 and no defense bonus, 40 points is in the right ballpark, especially as it gets a bonding squad being a Predator.

Hope that's some helpful advice! Look forward to seeing more of your customs.
Old February 16th, 2017, 07:23 AM

@IshMEL Maybe I should change it to them rolling one less attack die, as they'd be intimidated by a tiny little death dino running straight at them or their allies.

My goal was, for it to have any survivability, it had to sacrifice mobility by moving specifically in a straight line.

While it makes less sense thematically, it works fairly well mechanically, for what I was trying to do.

Maybe I'll change it to tough. I'll consider it, now that two people have said it makes no sense.

Last edited by WolfScape; February 16th, 2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old February 16th, 2017, 01:11 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Mechanically I think you'd have to do it with a marker -- put a marker on the card, remove it if the Miniraptor makes a turn while moving, then when rolling defense you see if the marker is still there, if so add a shield. Then put the marker back on at the beginning of the (round, or Miniraptor's next turn.)

Try it out both ways! Personally I think simpler is better, but it's your tiny little death dino.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards