Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old September 20th, 2006, 05:32 PM

0rbital has disabled reputation
Test Drive Unlimited (Xbox 360)

So who else is playing this awesome game? It really is a huge time waster haha. $40 for probably one of the best Xbox 360 games is tough to beat. It's very social too, groups of people online will meet up and hang out, chat, race, etc. They really have succeeded in a making MMO driving game.

1000 miles of GPS'ed roads on the island of Oahu, Hawaii. Feel like driving for 20 minutes up the coast line at 180 mph, you can. Want to go in the park and do donuts, whatever the ocean is the main boundry in the game. The island is scattered with all kinds of races and challenges, you can do 8 player multiplayer races, one on one where you define the route and length of the race, etc. The AI traffic drives like you would expect real traffic to, a lot of times an AI car in front of you will see you hauling up to them, put their blinker on and change to the next lane over to get out of your way.

I'm really amazed how fun and cool this game is. Oblivion is good but this game really made me appreciate the 360 and Live. Racing down the road and seeing another player online pass you the other direction, whipping a 180, catching up to them and then challenging them to a race is too cool.

You start off with enough money to buy a decent car and house too. If you see a bright blue '69 vette or an orange convertible Viper with the gamertag Quaddity say hi before I dust you
Old September 21st, 2006, 02:35 AM

Dreaded Gazebo has disabled reputation
I'm completely addicted to TDU. It's hard to say exactly why I'm enjoying the game so much. I think it's because the roads feel so natural... which makes sense seeing as how it's based on the actual island of Oahu. I've never found driving around so satisfying in a game before, but in TDU I'm always happy to set my GPS and cruise around. Sort of feels like going for a Sunday drive. At 180 mph

Really amazed at the sheer amount of challenges in the game. I do wish it was a little more difficult to earn golds on most of them but thankfully the leaderboards adds a bit of life to all the races. I'm hoping they add a friends filter to the leaderboards though; that would have me even more hooked. There are some really great stretches of road that make for great drives and races.

Great game. It's worth a full $60 game but for $40 (that's the retail price) there's really no reason to pass it up. For me most games start gathering dust after a couple months but I think TDU is gonna be getting played for a long time.
Old September 30th, 2006, 12:10 PM

I'm still playing it daily. Oblivion has been put on hold.

Finally unlocked the bike showrooms and bought a Ducati street bike.
Old September 30th, 2006, 05:20 PM

Dreaded Gazebo has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rbital
I'm still playing it daily. Oblivion has been put on hold.

Finally unlocked the bike showrooms and bought a Ducati street bike.
That's funny, I just unlocked the bike showrooms the other night. Decided it would be fun to drive to all the dealers so I did. didn't warp to any of them Didn't buy a bike yet though, probably going to get a new pad for more garage space first.

I'm playing pretty much every chance I get. Fun stuff.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 03:25 PM

I had all the Southern and Eastern island dealers already uncovered. The ones to the North and West required a lot of driving. Warp to the my farthest point to the West and then drive like 30 some miles to the coast and then another 20 up North. So I finally spent $30,000 on a Ducati bike and now I don't drive it. I have a Class C Noble M14 that I've tuned out to the max and painted bright metallic green that I drive most of the time. A class B convertible Orange Viper is the other vehicle.

Trying to build up enough cash to get a good class A car. A Ferrari Enzo would be nice but it's going to take a while to build up $600,000+ to buy one. Then after that I need a new house to hold more cars (probably the house on top of the crater will be the next one I get).

If you need some cash without too much effort there's a speed challenge on the South East of the island called 140 MPH on winding roads. You can just flip a U turn after it starts and head down the straight road and finish in like 15 seconds for $10,000 then just keep repeating it.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 06:12 PM

Now I've got a Vette z06 tuned out and a Saleen twin turbo tuned to level 3. Can hit 260 mph now

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games