Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 20th, 2008, 10:53 AM
drakenkanon

heroscape minas tirith look a like

i was been willing to make a map with a caslte like the minas tirith one in lord of the rings (or lotr for short), i figured that it was harder as i taught but i still have made a map wich is really nice in my opinion if you think of that this is my first map.

it needs the following:

16 rotv
1 rtff
10 fota

you can download the instructions here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JQHPA6LZ (enter the 3 letters above the picture in the box next to it and click the button to start downloading)

facilety's:
  1. a huge castle
  2. many ruins and a few to hide behind
  3. a bridge across the river
  4. a cave where defenders and attackers can go
  5. shooting gaps in the cave!!! (to attack things outside the cave when you're inside or the opposite)
  6. towers allow defenders to see the upcoming creatures even better (line of sight)
  7. a spring on top of the mountain so the defender can clone and use other nice abilety's
  8. the special rules give bonusses to players who have an army wich is like the one in the movie (denfending player(s): humas and elves gain +1 defense, and templar cavalary can override characters if you have a sir dupuis in your army, attacking player(s): orks and beasts gain +1 attack)
pictures:

the whole thing

from behind the ruins

the castle

castle from the back:

caslte from different angles:

inside the cave: (watch the shooting gaps)

please tell me what you think of the map (espacially if you have really played it) and leave suggestions.
Old September 20th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: heroscape minas tirith look a like

Hey Draken. Looks nice. Using lots of ruins to give some cover to people approaching the castle is a good idea. Unfortunately I don't think you will run into someone who has: a) enough master sets and FotA sets to build this, and b) the time to build such a huge map.

Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old September 20th, 2008, 06:19 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I don't know what I find more amazing...the map or the fact that despite English not being your first language you have less mistakes in it then alot of the kids who post from here.
Old September 20th, 2008, 06:19 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Very epic!

I wonder, though...with so much space outside the castle walls it seems like the first few turns would just be moving up. The closest two rows of ruins seem useful, but I doubt the others will ever be used.

Old September 20th, 2008, 07:05 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker

Sadly, it has a rather weak "minas tirith" look to it, mainly due to the fact that the castle is very short in comparison to the one from the movie. (Though a close replica would need to have at least 5 levels of castle and a foot-thick river, witch is an ungodly amount, and would really suck for gameplay.)

But, nit-picking aside, it looks like it would be one heckuva game! If I had the required sets, I'd very much give this some playtime.

~Z~

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old September 20th, 2008, 07:19 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanter View Post
Sadly, it has a rather weak "minas tirith" look to it, mainly due to the fact that the castle is very short in comparison to the one from the movie. (Though a close replica would need to have at least 5 levels of castle and a foot-thick river, witch is an ungodly amount, and would really suck for gameplay.)

But, nit-picking aside, it looks like it would be one heckuva game! If I had the required sets, I'd very much give this some playtime.

~Z~
And that is 1 reason there isnt a lotrscape. EVERYTHING in lotr is in epic scales!

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old September 21st, 2008, 02:18 AM

Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker

Hey I think its pretty cool, looks nice. Not practical but cool.
Old September 21st, 2008, 02:27 AM
drakenkanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I don't know what I find more amazing...the map or the fact that despite English not being your first language you have less mistakes in it then alot of the kids who post from here.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Hey Draken. Looks nice. Using lots of ruins to give some cover to people approaching the castle is a good idea. Unfortunately I don't think you will run into someone who has: a) enough master sets and FotA sets to build this, and b) the time to build such a huge map.

Thanks for taking the time to post it.
i know one: dr. weirdsaper, he has (out of my mind) 18 forest, like 26 castles, 20 mastersets, and a lot of volcano and ice, i saw him building huge maps before so why he should'nt do this one if he likes it?
Old September 21st, 2008, 09:00 AM

Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker

Huge map i definitely couldnt build it but it looks interesting to play on.
Old September 21st, 2008, 03:00 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

If you like LotR maps, check this one out of Helms Deep.

-insert signature here-
Old September 21st, 2008, 07:00 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

There are 40+ castle sets, 27+ Rotv's in that and it's not done....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios