Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Old Ralein or New Ralein
Old Raelin 75 66.37%
New Raelin 38 33.63%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 21st, 2007, 12:55 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
At least the "Assault" portion can be easily reused, making the power identifiable at a glance.
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:31 PM

Location: Seeking a local agency for the missing bodies of Jamaica's Royal Family...
Ricky007 has disabled reputation
Old Raelin. I like the wings on New Raelin, and the Whirlwind Assault power, but WTF is 'Resolute'? And the fact here Aura goes down to +1.

This is what I do for a living:
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:58 PM

Siran Dunmorgan has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky007
Old Raelin. I like the wings on New Raelin, and the Whirlwind Assault power, but WTF is 'Resolute'? And the fact here Aura goes down to +1.
Resolute is a personality description, having something of the qualities of both Relentless and Valiant, but without the implied heartlessness of Relentless or the occasional foolhardiness of Valiant.

Again: watch the Webisodes on Hasbro's Monkey Bar TV. They provide excellent examples of the new Raelin's personality and capabilities.

And, for me, either old or new Raelin depending on the army I'm building.

—SD

Hic est qui sumus
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:59 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I don't know yet.
I would say the old Raelin, but only as I've played her so much.
The new Raelin has that wonderful aura of 6 spaces and that's a huge area of coverage for a defensive bonus.

Who I choose will decide upon what army I draft. I'd much rather take New Raelin with an army consisting of say, MacDirk and the Highlanders.
The squads don't need to be anywhere near their Champion therefore can be anywhere on the board. Scattered about and with 2 defense, I'd draft the new Raelin.
Or a speedy army like The Shades. 5 defense is beefy and the Resolute Kyrie need not match them for speed.
The 6 spaces and extra defense die could make all the difference in a castle siege too.

The Old Realin would be for ranged teams, overall slower armies, and smaller maps.

The Whirlwind Assault is a blessing for me as a Raelin player.
I nearly always use her or Theracus late in games to swoop in and tie up a figure who outdistances and/or outshoots my approaching melee figures.
Once her Aura is not so much an issue (or Theracus's Carry has done its job), there's still a fighter in the unit.
I'll have to watch the Whirlwind Assualt's intoxication - it may make me use her too aggressively and get her destroyed early in the game.
The Assault could be an assist to free up, say, MacDirk from multiple opponents if he has one too many wound markers on him.
Old August 21st, 2007, 06:28 PM

punnfect has disabled reputation
new raelins hotter but old raelin is better at stuff

people call me stupid..................................... i killed them
Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:09 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The old Ralein fits in with my Syvarris, Krav Maga, Minins, Sentenials, Ralein army beacuse Syvarris need defense, the Krav Maga become almost untouchable rangers, and the Minion/Sentenials can't move far so she can cath up.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units