Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 15th, 2019, 03:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: How will C3V units affect the Metagame?

Well, games can be called on time. And on Day 1 of the Main Event (and in other events) at GC, they *are* called on time when they go on too long.

The issue was that there is a history of *not* calling games on time on Day 2. Which was a problem, this year.

There was another little exploit at GC this year that I meant to mention to those guys, but I haven't yet. I should do that, as soon as I remember.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 15th, 2019, 03:38 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

The outcome of that game would not have changed had time been called. That game was basically over before it started, and Nathan would have been ahead had time been called.

We are well aware of the Day 2 time issue and it is being addressed for next year. It hadn’t been a problem before, but now that it has, a change is being made.

DS, please message one of us with the exploit you caught; I haven’t heard anything about it.
Old November 15th, 2019, 03:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I expect GenCon organizers to be resistant to customs-oriented tournaments until/unless popular demand essentially overwhelms them. My impression is they just don't think there's significant interest there among GenCon regulars.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 15th, 2019, 03:48 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I expect GenCon organizers to be resistant to customs-oriented tournaments until/unless popular demand essentially overwhelms them. My impression is they just don't think there's significant interest there among GenCon regulars.
I think with the advent of social media and other sites VC just continues to grow so hopefully that will change. I always thought the game runners could create their own events but I don't expect GenCon organizers to know the game or scene unless it's MtG, Pokemon, etc. Not that I plan to go back to Gencon, haven't been in a decade now.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 15th, 2019, 04:01 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The biggest issue with customs at gencon IMO is that we are not the ones in charge of attendance. The description directs people to HSers but you still do get walk-ons who don't come on here. As such it's a bit tricky to integrate figures that are only known in our community.

That said, a side event using customs probably does make sense at this stage. It's not my personal priority for a new event (I'd put Chaos of Battle and Reverse Draft as higher preferences) but it's a thing that I'd like to see.
Old November 15th, 2019, 04:02 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ultimately as a non-competitive player, non-tourney attendeed, and non-Gen Con goer (and largely non Valhallascape player ) doesn't matter much to me, but that is what I've gathered.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 15th, 2019, 04:03 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Considering that it's now the standard for competitive 'Scape virtually everywhere other than GenCon, it would make sense to me to have an event or two at GenCon, while there are other events running at the same time that do not use C3V. There are certainly people attending GC who are intimately familiar with the units and would be glad to TD such an event, I'm sure.

= =
Old November 15th, 2019, 04:05 PM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Having a VC event or two at some large cons would also help boost the VC knowledge and reception.

Old November 15th, 2019, 04:07 PM

What are the largest cons outside of GenCon in terms of Heroscape presence?

Old November 15th, 2019, 04:10 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

There are none, currently. Running an event at a Con is a huge commitment. I know I'm not doing it.

= =
Old November 15th, 2019, 04:16 PM

I know Heroscape tourneys have at least happened at Dragoncon in the past.

Old November 15th, 2019, 04:25 PM

I've no idea but doubt much at all at the likes of Spiel (Essen) or Origins, even though the latter is known for wargames more than Gencon. I've not attempted to run anything at GameStorm, unsure if they'd have the available room for setting up maps.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs