Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 10th, 2016, 09:54 PM

jennifer knows what's in an order marker jennifer knows what's in an order marker
Hi, I'm new here

Just watched Tom Vasel's top 100 games videos and he has Heroscape as #2!

I like board games and fantasy & miniature games.

Was thinking about getting into this hobby.

Any suggestions on how I should start? Like should I buy a master set and start playing it?

Should I get Morrow or Valkyrie? OR what?

Or should I just 3D print custom terrain and use custom hero cards?
Old October 10th, 2016, 10:04 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Hi, I'm new here

Welcome!

If you're getting into the game, I'd suggest trying to grab a Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set. If you go into the Sales and Trades Subforum, you can find many good offers for one.

Once you get one, you'll probably want to read the rules, and then just jump in and play.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old October 10th, 2016, 10:11 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Welcome jennifer!

I too would suggest the Rise of the Valkyrie set to start with.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old October 10th, 2016, 10:30 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Avoid ebay. Most (nearly all) people on this board will give you a fair deal. As to what to start with it depends on what you like. RotV will be the best bang for your buck for terrain and from there you can go with what you find. If you are not a stickler for needing the exact mini you can find some good proxies and just print the cards. If you can't find official mini's the main custom groups C3V for classic and C3G for Superheroes will have well balanced designs that typically have easy to find mini's and just require you to print the cards that are freely available from this site.

Also...Welcome.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 10th, 2016, 10:42 PM

jennifer knows what's in an order marker jennifer knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for the replies. I'd like to buy Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set. I see a "complete" set with box on ebay for like $70 plus $20 shipping. So like $90. Is that a fair deal?
Old October 10th, 2016, 10:43 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

No. You can usually score one for under 50 bucks here . welcome to the boards.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 10th, 2016, 10:48 PM

Thank you.

What is the difference between 2nd and 1st edition? I see one for sale that says "2nd edition". Which one looks better?
Old October 10th, 2016, 10:50 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

In the trade forum @SpriteMichaeler is selling quite a few master sets for a great deal. I just bought from him. I highly recommend dealing with him.

Old October 10th, 2016, 10:51 PM
"like" happy

2nd edition dice are white. I like them better.

Old October 10th, 2016, 10:53 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

1st Edition sets have sparkly, translucent water tiles, while 2nd Edition sets have an opaque blue water tile. In addition, 1st Edition Sets have 2 separate, 10 dice sets, of attack and defense die, while the 2nd Edition has 12 combat dice. The combat dice can be used for both attack and defense.

There's no mechanical change between the two, the only differences are aesthetic ones.

I personally prefer 1st Edition, for the different dice, and the sparkly water.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old October 10th, 2016, 11:40 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If you plan on playing Superheroes then you want to find a set of the 2nd addition dice as some of the powers on the C3G cards require those dice since the blank count is different on the 1st addition set.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 10th, 2016, 11:57 PM

I'd like to get a 1st edition set, for the sparkly water I guess I could buy a set of 2nd edition dice at a later date? If not I can print & play them with stickers and blank dice I guess.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion