Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old October 29th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Do you recommend mixing "superscape" and "normalscape"?

While the Heroscape designers don't and many C3G heroes don't, I do and was wondering how all of you feel about it.

Do you recommend mixing the two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 29th, 2010, 05:42 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Do you recommend mixing "superscape" and "normalscape"?

I'd recommend because Classic scape makes up the brunt of all units and pretty much every single squad so it would be a good idea to test your C3G units against classic scape units.

Old October 29th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm talking about when you play for fun, not testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 29th, 2010, 05:44 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'm talking about when you play for fun, not testing.
For fun I would try a C3G vs Classic. And Yes I think it's okay. I mean I wouldn't like to use only one type of scape.

Old October 29th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

I haven't really done this myself since I've gotten into SuperScape. I have combined various Superhero customs from different designers in a game; but if I play classic, I'll play classic. If I play SuperScape, I'll play that.

Reasons? I've had no real interest in doing so, I guess. Weird reason, I suppose, but it's accurate.
Old October 29th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I've actually only ever played one game of pure Vahallascape. I've mixed a couple times, but for me, pure Superscape is the way to go.
Old October 29th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, definitely. I mean, if I'm playing "theme" armies - Mutants, Criminals, so on, so forth - I wouldn't, but during a draft, at my house, everything's on the table, from Valhalla to D&D to Marvel to C3G. And, depending on theme army I'm building, I might toss in some Valhalla, too - can't go wrong with Cap, the 4th, and the Airborne Elite when you want some all-American action.
Old October 29th, 2010, 07:10 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I say yeah. There are some synergies between the two, plus, our units wouldn't be balanced if they weren't used with classic units.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old October 29th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

We play tons of mixed. We play tons of vanilla and tons of pure SuperScape as well, but we play about just as much mixed. I personally love seeing the Krav mixed in, the Stingers flanking Dr. Doom or what have you. The AE see lots of play as do all the Marro, most of the Undead, and most of the sci-fi units.

I think they blend together well. My son really enjoys playing smaller armies, with a single Super and then some squads to back them up. Good times.
Old October 29th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I say that it should be left up to the individual who is drafting the armies. Sometimes I play straight Heroscape, Marvel, Or even C3G, but I do mix them from time to time. I believe that players should be allowed to choose for themselves the way they wish to draft an army, and that it should neither be recomended or not recomended.

I can see where Bats and Griff are coming from in their argument seeing as they are looking at it as the original creators and designers of C3G. Which I believe was not intended to mix with heroscape, seeing as it was and is still being produced, but rather has the option of being mixed if the player so chose, and that was and is made possible through the extensive balancing and refining process that they set up upon its creation, but that was not its original intention.

That being said, I think that the point that Bats and Griff have been trying to get it is both right, and wrong. I see at as being one side of a coin. While they are looking at it from the official C3G perspective, the rest of us are looking at it from the consumer/fan side. Hence the reason that I believe that we should neither recomend, or not recomend mixing the universes. The individual player should choose.

My
Old October 29th, 2010, 10:21 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I mix the two whenever I can. Marvelscape was what got me into Heroscape, but not just because of the 10 figures it offered. I was more attracted by the idea of Cap and Spidey teaming up to fight off alien and orc invasions.
Old October 30th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like to mix it up in some ways...
Iīve got both Venoc and Marro figures enough to make 1000-1500 point armies, and itīs fun to play them in an alien invasion scenario aginst JLA or X-Men. It will also be fun to play "Fantastic Four discover a lost roman colony in deep, dark Africa" scenarios, or just use Krav Maga Agents or Microcorp Agents with the C3G stuff. If/when Kang and/or Ultron get made, I look forward to using these guys with armies of, respectively, all the historical units and robots/Soulborg. All in all, I think many of the classic figures represent themes and archtypes typically used in comic book stories, and lend themselves well to mixed play.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy