Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

Old May 2nd, 2018, 04:29 PM

King_Buyer costs too much!
Re: The Book of Thanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Maybe King_Buyer should roll in to the Taelord book and speculate about what his weird version of flying means.
I'd rather burn down the Morsbane book by pointing out that he negates you "at the end of THE turn"... his turn, the Aubrien Archers' frenzy turns, and every one of his opponents' turns. Hasbro's designers are so amateur it's laughable!
Old May 2nd, 2018, 06:48 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Buyer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Pretty ballsy to roll in with 8 posts and call out someone 80,000+.
Heh heh heh, that's kinda what jokers do. Just cuz someone tweets all day Mr. President, doesn't mean they tweets be accurate. I've had probably a dozen profiles on this site thus far but have long since changed emails. I've hosted Heroscape demos and tourneys in some of the largest Comic Conventions in my Country (I've made moving vehicles out of Heroscape terrain and even a mechanized AT-AT puppet out of castle walls). I don't mean to cast dispersions or bust the Batman's chops, but I do disagree with his opinion. I'm just back here again to buy up a swath of goodies for my nephews and will then go back to living an actual life and not wasting all my time debating about childrens' toys. And at the end of the turn, Morsbane negates you... who's turn... THE turn... yours, mine, EVERY turn! Peace be with you my dizzy little tornado
Well as an Admin I'd like to point out that part of your statement above is a direct violation of the rules. If you'd like to PM me those other users I'd gladly delete them so you can be legal.

Also calling out one of the Founders of C3G and equivocating him to a tweeter posting nonsense probably wasn't a wise idea either.

It's probably not your intent but you do come off as confrontational and a bit smug in this post. Having a conversation about what Turn means is fine. Honestly we've actually been having a discussion inside the Sanctum for a time now on rewording a few things to differentiate "Player's Turn" vs a "Figures turn". Which is just to say that we understand that the original game had some inconsistencies that we are all well aware of.

You say "my country" may I ask which country that may be?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 3rd, 2018, 12:03 AM

PM sent my dear Japes. I didn't mean to offend you or the Batman... he's a legend on this site and that's why I chose to challenge one of his 80,000 posts. I'm not sure why Tornado and that other chap decided to take stabs at me in a weirdly personal way (I guess being new to this site makes me a second class citizen in some peoples' eyes and I should never question the superiority of veterans), but my point about frequency of posts not equating to 100% perfection was a metaphorical response to Tornado and not intended as a jab against Batman... we should all be able to challenge and point out the flaws in our super-est of heroes such as this site's IamBatman. So again, Batman is a legend (I got nothing but respect for him - his logic on that topic wasn't perfect but the overall value of his post was by no means nonsense and I'm sorry if anyone thought that's what I was implying), but not cool by senior member Tornado for mocking my tiny number... that's a very unwelcoming way to treat newcomers!
Old May 3rd, 2018, 02:01 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

At the end of the day its only a game...

@King_Buyer , I'd just relax man and try to play the game the best ya know how. The rules teams for different projects, and official product, already have and had their hands full with the inconsistencies in the game. Not releasing errated cards didn't help. But at least they made the FAQ's.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 3rd, 2018, 09:21 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
For The Curious

There was definitely a C3G tournament where dok brought an army with Thanos and Solomon Grundy and plenty of ways to activate them multiple times.

The card does say "your turns", which I could see allowing for some wiggle room, but I don't know how I feel if things are errata'd without OD approval (which I'm not sure if we're getting).

That said, Kurrok is definitely three turns since you can only take a turn with up to the number of figures on a card. We don't have another power quite like it so we can't compare it to something else.

On another note, I'm sorry you felt attacked King_Buyer. Tone can translate really poorly over text and the tone that came across in your previous posts read something like "you plebians, clearly only I can read the cards properly and I'm going to snidely mock you all while I do it". I doubt that's how you intended to come across, but sarcasm and text really don't mix unless you know that person really well.

~Dysole, who rears her head up again from her semi dormant state
Old May 3rd, 2018, 11:12 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: For The Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post

On another note, I'm sorry you felt attacked King_Buyer. Tone can translate really poorly over text and the tone that came across in your previous posts read something like "you plebians, clearly only I can read the cards properly and I'm going to snidely mock you all while I do it". I doubt that's how you intended to come across, but sarcasm and text really don't mix unless you know that person really well.
Well said Dysole

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 3rd, 2018, 01:15 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Challenge my eleven year old post all you want, but you might want to work on your critical reading skills and make sure you understand what you're actually challenging first. Never in that quoted post do I state or suggest that you cannot have multiple turns (i.e. from bonding, etc.) on the flipping of one turn marker (I actually, explicitly, state the opposite). All I said is essentially the same thing the official FAQ quoted a few posts later says: if you turn over an order marker but there are no figures to activate, you're not taking a "turn" so you can't use Rejected by Death.
Not sure why the sudden interest in my eleven year old posts, but this one does seem to stand the test of time.
Also, super suspicious of anyone who comes in advertising their multiple emails and profiles on this site. Sounds an awful lot like someone trying to overcome a prior banning or poor overall site reputation. I sure hope that isn't the case (but were I a more active admin than I am now, I might consider investigating).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 4th, 2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

Not sure why the sudden interest in my eleven year old posts, but this one does seem to stand the test of time.
Also, super suspicious of anyone who comes in advertising their multiple emails and profiles on this site. Sounds an awful lot like someone trying to overcome a prior banning or poor overall site reputation. I sure hope that isn't the case (but were I a more active admin than I am now, I might consider investigating).
My thanks go out to you IamBatman (and also to Dysole) for responding on-topic, under the Book of Thanos thread. Tornado and Mr. Migrane posted their cheeky humor in the book of thanos and their posts had nothing to do with thanos but came across entirely as attack posts against me personally. I hope it was clear from my original post that I wasn't attacking you personally, but was intended as a perfectly respectful challenge of your opinion. I started by referring to myself as a joker to try and debase myself but maybe that submissive tone was lost in the foolishness that followed.

The reason I commented on an 11 year old post was because I'm extremely dumb about computers and your website automatically links to the first page of the thread so when I clicked on book of thanos, I wasn't seeing the most recent pages... maybe there's a learning opportunity here where you could structure the site to link the newest posts first because I'm sorry but I don't think my heart can handle looking through 22 pages of cheeky off-topic nonsense from posters like Tornado and Migraine (there's a blog section for humor - make fun of me all you want there guys but please keep the Book of Thanos on the topic of Thanos).

That said, a perfectly fine counter-argument to prove me stupid would have been to simply state the most basic of rules in the instruction booklet itself: a player's TURN involves 3 steps (#1) flip order markers, (#2) move, (#3) attack. That's the simple answer to the ambiguity between a player's turn and an army card's turn. My friends and family do play Thanos as max 3 possible returns per round, but only after much argument and deliberation. Just thought I could advance the discussion on this fansite.

Feel free to investigate. I've never been banned, I've never used two or more profiles simultaneously, and as I've said before I'm very stupid with computers so I have no idea how to see my approval rating. I'd also like to apologize to any of the admins or site supporters who may have felt insulted by my response to Tornado regarding wasting time talking about a children's game... to be clear, I have a ton of respect for you admins who have BUILT, CREATED, and MAINTAINED such an awesome platform for the supporters who want to help bring this fun little game to the next generations. My thanks also go out to site supporters who are willing to share art and maps and other great personal content (that's the spirit we should all be encouraging). That comment I made to Tornado was directed at anyone who is just here to publish cheeky little personal insults... they should really be rethinking how they spend their time. If Tornado and Migraine would kindly remove their useless posts from the Book of Thanos thread, I'll gladly remove my responses to them so that the next 10 generations of gamers don't have to read through zillions of pages of off-topic garbage. May the 4th be with you!
Old May 4th, 2018, 05:08 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

And also with you.

My post was intended as a compliment.
I am sorry if you took it the wrong way.
Love the passion!
Pretty sure I have never been called out by name so many times in a single post.
That really made my day.
Well done!
Old May 4th, 2018, 05:38 PM
A Man of Taste

@King_Buyer , I started to respond to your latest PM privately but I figured this would be more beneficial if I put it in the thread.

First off, after "getting to know you" through PM's I don't believe you meant to be rude or disrespectful in any way. So with that knowledge I reread through the thread and I offer my opinion.

Mr. Migrane I do not know but I don't take any malice in his post though I don't know if there is a backstory with Taelord or with the two of you so I can't help there.
@Tornado , however I do know and he's a genuinely nice guy.

Having said that I don't really see any malice in either of the posts. I truly believe this is a case as Dysole adequately put it..."Tone can translate really poorly over text"

As a newcomer with a personality that is unknown to the rest of us your post may seem snarky and condescending...when you meant to introduce yourself with a bit of humor. That's fine. I do offer the following advice however. When introducing yourself to a new group you can go one of two ways...

1. Mildly and understated until you get to know the personalities
2. Or as you have here.

Neither way is necessarily wrong however if you use option 2. you must understand that at first people may not "get you". You have to be willing to understand that your tone might have been misunderstood and not get offended while at the same time have the mindset that perhaps you are misunderstanding their tone. While it may not be 100% true, I find that by not assuming the worst with every post I read and giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, life is more enjoyable. If they were intentionally being rude but you assume they weren't and move on, what have you lost...odds are they won't continue on and will likely realize their mistake.

Anyways, I hope you stick around and get to know the people as more than a screen of text. This site turned 12 this week and it's been fun to read the stories of those that have been on here for so long. There is a reason for that.

Now onto the main subject. If you guys want to continue the discussion of what Turn means then by all means go for it. I'll be honest, We in the Sanctum have actually had discussion on "Player Turn" vs "figure turn" for a bit now. So if you keep the discussion civil and productive I'll let it go on but if it gets personal or confrontational I'll be forced to take action.

So lets all acknowledge our misunderstanding, Hug it out, and move on.

EDIT: I see Tornado ninja'd me confirming my thoughts...

Old May 5th, 2018, 10:27 AM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Welcome to the site @King_Buyer !

For the Books in particular, it's important for links to bring you to the first page since that's the one with the Card image. Once you've gone past the first page, the website will bring you to the last page you viewed, which is super useful for faster moving threads.

And so I can contribute to the Book of Thanos, I know I've seen Battle Reports from Gen-Con where someone used a Thanos+Wyrmlings build for a side event in order to double his chances of hitting his Rejected by Death roll. And if that's how it's being played at Gen-Con, that's good enough for me.
Old January 25th, 2019, 03:34 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Discussion on Azazel lead to a clarification on Rejected by Death, also discused recently on this thread, but could be added to Rulings and Clarifications

- REJECTED BY DEATH : Bonding Resurrection
If I have a turn order marker on a figure with a Bonding power, or a power that lets me take more then one turn (Kato Katsuro Command, Kurrok's Master of the Elements, Frenzy) and I bond with a figure or take multiple turns with these powers, do I roll for Rejected By Death only once or once of each figure's turn?
The power is for "each of your turns" and since bonding means you take a separate turn it triggers at the start of both the bonded hero's and the squad's turns. For Kato Katsuro Command and Mater of the Elements, you are taking a turn with other units INSTEAD of the turn with figure who revealed the order marker, so you only get to roll for the units you are taking a turn with for those powers, but in the case of Kurrok you would take a turn once before each Elemental. For Frenzy you are taking multiple turns, so the short answer is any power that says "take a turn" you roll for Rejected by Death for each turn.

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 12th, 2019 at 01:56 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's