Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old July 1st, 2012, 07:06 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Major League Heroscape - Season 2 (Sponsor: Auggie's Games)

Online Event: MLH 2 - Gencon formats

A big thank-you to our sponsor, Auggie's Games.

We are pleased to announce the next season of MLH. The previous season is down to the finals and we are looking forward to another great online event.

Games are played using a combination of the Dice/Chat app and a google doc that has an image of the maps and figures that both players can manipulate (example, with permissions disabled, here). Online play instructions and links to the apps can be found here[/URL]. A Skype account, or other online voice chat app, improves the playing experience considerably. There are also some planned upgrades to the user interface that will make playing online a smoother experience and even closer to live play.

For this season, we will be using Official Gencon 2012 maps, formats, and glyphs. All event formats, at least until after Gencon, will mimic official Gencon formats, with the possible exception of the points totals. So, if you're looking to get some games in against other players in advance of Gencon to get a feel for the maps and formats, this event will be great for you!

Games will start in mid-July, and will be played at a pace of one game per week, with a week off for Gencon. At the end of the regular season (after Gencon), there will be a playoff, and a champion. There will be significant prizes (either Auggie's gift certificates, or actual Heroscape swag - some really good stuff may be in the works).

If you are interested in playing, please do one of the following:
PM Bengi with the following information:
- Heroscaper ID
- Whether you can provide multiple 2-hour blocks on weekday evenings and/or weekends for scheduling games with your weekly opponent
- Whether you have regular access to skype or another voice chat application (not required, but considered a big plus). If you have a skype ID, include it.
- An e-mail address that we will use to give you editing permission on the gameboards (if you use Google docs or have a Google account, give that address.)

Go to this form and fill out that information.

Thanks for the interest. Additional details will be released soon.

Last edited by Bengi; July 1st, 2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old July 1st, 2012, 07:17 PM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Major League Heroscape - Season 2 (Sponsor: Auggie's Gam

Applied! First season for me, can't wait to try it, even if I get stomped in my first match.
Old July 1st, 2012, 08:42 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I would prefer this to be as close to GenCon 2012 as possible, including point totals, so that those going to GenCon 2012 will get some practice and those not going will get a little taste of GenCon.

I'm in either way.
Old July 1st, 2012, 10:24 PM

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Some people have mentioned that they will be going on vacation at some point over the summer. It is not a problem. We will be releasing the schedule a couple weeks at a time, so you should be able to play 2 in a week if you are away for 1 week. Just be sure to communicate your schedule with you opponents.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:55 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

How many games will there be? When will it end?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:36 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm one of the organizers this time around, so I think I can answer that. Because of our format (everyone plays everyone else within their division), the exact number of weeks ultimately depends on how many committed players we have sign up. However, the general sentiment is that we should try for something a bit shorter this season, around 5 to 6-ish games.

There will be time for about 4 games prior to Gencon. We will take off Gencon week, and the remaining game(s) will be played after Gencon.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:40 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Quote:
I'm one of the organizers this time around, so I think I can answer that. Because of our format (everyone plays everyone else within their division), the exact number of weeks ultimately depends on how many committed players we have sign up. However, the general sentiment is that we should try for something a bit shorter this season, around 5 to 6-ish games.

There will be time for about 4 games prior to Gencon. We will take off Gencon week, and the remaining game(s) will be played after Gencon.
Alright, I'll talk with my wife about it. It sounds like it will be mostly over by the time the Semester starts, and completely over when the school-year really gets into full swing, so that shouldn't be an issue. However, last time I had to schedule almost all my games when I could have been spending time with her, and I don't imagine why this season would be any different.

Also, I'll be on a family vacation next week, which is when I imagine the first game will be. Would that be a problem?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; July 2nd, 2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Congrats on getting to be an organizer. Every time I try to give you rep for something, I've done it too recently...
Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:15 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Also, I'll be on a family vacation next week, which is when I imagine the first game will be. Would that be a problem?
PM sent, but in short, you should be fine.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old July 2nd, 2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Quote:
PM sent, but in short, you should be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
Some people have mentioned that they will be going on vacation at some point over the summer. It is not a problem. We will be releasing the schedule a couple weeks at a time, so you should be able to play 2 in a week if you are away for 1 week. Just be sure to communicate your schedule with you opponents.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 02:06 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm in!

I like the idea of shortening the number of weeks. Would that be done by increasing the number of divisions?

Meanwhile, I'm (sort of) trying to think of a way to improve the playability of the 3D pieces-if I come up with anything, I'll be sure to post it.

Old July 2nd, 2012, 02:51 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

Can't wait for it to start! Hopefully nothing comes up with football that will interfere!

Whoops, I PMd and filled out the form! This is why you should read everything the first time, lol.

~GT55, always ready for online scape!

Wright State Raider since 2014.
Trade List 8/15/14
Sculpt Polls!
Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:59 AM

Looks like we're at ~12 right now. There is still some time for people to sign up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events