Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 1st, 2016, 11:52 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Wife and I played Voluspa last night. It was pretty fun. Looking forward to trying out the two expansions maybe today. It can be played on Yucata.de too.
Old January 1st, 2016, 11:55 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, there were a few new players to the games we played, so I made sure to tell them to always remember what word is the Assassin, never forget. Steve from Blue team has played it several times before, so he dropped the ball on that one, for while there were other words like Court, Net, Bow, Match and others that could be related to the clue Sports, he had to understand that Pool is something people will look at too, for swimming and diving as sports.

Being Spymaster is tough, especially the first couple times you do it. One good strategy as a Spymaster sometimes, is to give clues that include a neutral agent. Sure it may end the turn quick if they guess that one first or second, but it could be the last of the clues they guess as well. It also doesn't give the other team a point, and if they guess the neutral one earlier than the words you meant, they should remember that clue for later and look at other words to be able to get some educated guesses later, especially at the end of the game when you need to win out so to speak to win.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 1st, 2016, 12:08 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Played Coup last night. Fun game.

Other games played in the past week and a half: Heroscape, Magic the Gathering (card game), X-Wing, 7 Wonders, Firefly, War of the Ring.
Old January 1st, 2016, 01:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Played Coup last night. Fun game.

Other games played in the past week and a half: Heroscape, Magic the Gathering (card game), X-Wing, 7 Wonders, Firefly, War of the Ring.
I recently sold my copy of Coup. I liked it (but sucked at it), but it didn't see any playing time over the past year or so with my group.

Now that I am finally watching Firefly for the first time (I think I'm on episode 8 now), I will have to try Firefly the game that one of the guys in my group has. Usually it doesn't get set up until later in the evening and since it goes so long, it ends up getting played by the late night crew of our group. Perhaps if he starts it earlier, I could see what all the hubbub is about

Old January 1st, 2016, 03:14 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Codenames is great. The one thing I kept telling myself as spymaster was "Don't forget the assassin word, and don't give a clue that points at it!"
I enjoy the game and do think it's fun, but I am consistently surprised at how big a hit this is when I break it out. I have given it as a Christmas gift twice this year after the recipients played it and loved it.

Over the last few weeks I've played Codenames about 18 times, and I've played a few others, as well:

Betrayal at House on the Hill
Legendary Encounters: Alien
Zombicide: Black Plague
Colt Express
Scoville

Getting ready to start a Pandemic: Legacy campaign with the family, and I also hope to break out T.I.M.E Stories soon
Old January 1st, 2016, 04:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

@akden , sounds like a good batch of games you've played. I recently played Betrayal, have only tried the original Legendary once and liked it, have only tried the first Zomicide and liked it (same owner of Legendary that doesn't make it to game night often enough unfortunately, as I'd like to play both of those again). And I haven't gotten to try Colt Express yet, though I hear it's good.

My group has a couple Pandemic Legacy campaigns going and those people love it. Sadly I didn't call dibs soon enough to get in on either of them.

I did get to try T.I.M.E. Stories once, only getting part way through before running out of time. Didn't get a chance to go through it again with the owner. I did like it though.

Regarding Codenames, it is interesting how people really enjoy it. I think it is brilliant in how it is so easy to teach and learn, it works well with a variety of generations and yet how thinky it is. It forces creative thinking on the part of the team and spymaster, and it also allows for deductive skills. Something about it seems to fire on all cylinders.

Old January 1st, 2016, 10:24 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingZombie View Post
Got my copy of Zombicide Black Plague and have been working through that. Great game and lots of fun. I can't wait for Wave 2 of my KS stuff to come. It'll make it even more fun!
My friend's friend just got his KS copy and last Tues brought it to the weekly board game night at my local FLGS to play. Six out of the seven of us were very familiar with the original Zombiecide game and perhaps may have jumped into a scenario a bit over confident. I got a bad feeling about it when the first card drawn from the spawning deck was an Abomination. We decided to bury it and re-shuffle the deck. It was indeed a lot of FUN, but seemed quite a bit more difficult than other ZC games that I've participated in. One-by-one our party was being eliminated and after 2 1/2 hours my character was the only one still alive, so I decided to stay in the underground vault room and *NOT* make any noise that might attract the 100+ grey pawns scattered all over the game board. The same group may be attempting another round of it tonight.
YES . . . pretty much the same group of seven guys ( -Mike & +Matt ) played the same scenario for about 3 hours last Tuesday and barely eked out a win by sending the character with 'slippery' into the last building to get past the Abomination that spawned in front of us to seize the last "X" marker. We lost 3 of our party in the process near the end, but everyone had gone into the Red Zone and there were soooo many zombies to kill. I think this game is harder than the original which I've only played a half dozen times with other friend, but maybe it's just the mission we selected. Once you grasp a few terminology changes and realize it's basically the same game, i.e. a torch = flashlight, a broad sword with blood lust = chainsaw, etc. It was very intense in a fun way and the group definitely made it more enjoyable with constant laughter. I also played: Tsuro and Exploding Kittens earlier that evening while awaiting Ryan to arrive with the game.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old January 2nd, 2016, 01:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

A C3G throw down on New Years Day. Good times.
Old January 2nd, 2016, 02:07 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
A C3G throw down on New Years Day. Good times.
Sweet, how many players and how big of a board did you put together?
Old January 2nd, 2016, 02:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

5 players, a board that covered a medium oval sized dinner table. First game was two teams of 2 players vs. each other and one player in the middle of the board with more points. Second game we did a 5 player free for all with a heat of the battle type set up in order to cut down on the amount of early rounds spent just moving. Each army placed one figure at a time anywhere on the board except on the tops of 3 buildings in the middle of the map, and non adj. to any other figure. We placed the Batman signal light on top of the middle building an object to fight over. A figure could move adj. to the signal and try to turn it on instead of attacking, a roll of 12+ turned on the batsignal and brought Batman Beyond onto the roof of the building at the start of the next turn under the control of whoever turn the signal on. It ended up working on the very first try, but then Batman got taken out almost immediately after he arrived. Not a lot of good defense rolls in general with lots of figures falling right an left, but in the end it came down to a 1 on 1 showdown between injured Spawn & Hercules figures that could have gone either way. Hercules challenged Spawn but Spawn came out on top.
Old January 2nd, 2016, 03:01 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
5 players, a board that covered a medium oval sized dinner table. First game was two teams of 2 players vs. each other and one player in the middle of the board with more points. Second game we did a 5 player free for all with a heat of the battle type set up in order to cut down on the amount of early rounds spent just moving. Each army placed one figure at a time anywhere on the board except on the tops of 3 buildings in the middle of the map, and non adj. to any other figure. We placed the Batman signal light on top of the middle building an object to fight over. A figure could move adj. to the signal and try to turn it on instead of attacking, a roll of 12+ turned on the batsignal and brought Batman Beyond onto the roof of the building at the start of the next turn under the control of whoever turn the signal on. It ended up working on the very first try, but then Batman got taken out almost immediately after he arrived. Not a lot of good defense rolls in general with lots of figures falling right an left, but in the end it came down to a 1 on 1 showdown between injured Spawn & Hercules figures that could have gone either way. Hercules challenged Spawn but Spawn came out on top.
Sweet! Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm assuming you're talking about this Bat Signal...
http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movie...2/product.html

I picked it up recently with an order for some other non-gaming stuff. Looks great on top of a building, the perfect size really.
Old January 2nd, 2016, 05:07 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sounds awesome YK. If you got pics, I would love to see them.
Did you use the Apartment and Small Houses?
Did Spawn win with Healing?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games