Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 20th, 2018, 01:54 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

I agree with both the idea and Drow Assassin. We've also accepted and used the Templar Infantry (Dismounted) by Doc a long time ago (not technically SOV). We've also used Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs, and who knows what else on occasion, such as the Heroes of Fiction of Taeblewalker's group. Of course, some of these were for one time use in special scenarios. I imagine what you're after is a permanent list of cards you can draft for any of our games!

If we wanted to include Supers, we've used an awful lot of customs, from those of Grizhakh to many I've introduced by Drewmanchu, those of our own Sherman Davies, etc. Not to mention some of mine along the way (Go Monkey King)!

Last edited by chas; March 20th, 2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old March 20th, 2018, 02:45 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I played a D&D a couple times in my life a long time ago. One character I created has stuck in my mind, and is the inspiration for

Syravvis

He dipped his arrows into the venom from a Giant Spider the party killed, and thrived, in spite of the party's enmity. The figure above was painted to go along with similarly painted Wolves of Badru for a tournament. Combining these, we have:

Life 4, Range 9, Attack 3, Defense 2.
Drow, Unique Hero, Archer, Relentless
120 points

Relentless Arrow Special Attack
Range 7, Attack 3
If Syravvis does not inflict a wound with
Relentless Arrow Special Attack, he may attack one additional time.

Giant Spider Venomed Arrows
Each time Syravvis inflicts a wound with a normal or special attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-9, the defending figure receives no additional wounds from
Giant Spider Venomed Arrows. If you roll 10-19, add one addtional wound marker to the defending figure's card, and roll again for Giant Spider Venomed Arrows. If you roll a 20, destroy the defending figure.

Cloud of Darkness
After taking a turn with Syravvis, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, while he remains on that space, Syravvis has no visible hit zones until you reveal an order marker.

Last edited by kolakoski; March 21st, 2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old March 20th, 2018, 07:13 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I take it Relentless Arrow is only meant for one extra try if he doesn't hit, but it really can be read either way!
Old March 21st, 2018, 09:21 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I take it Relentless Arrow is only meant for one extra try if he doesn't hit, but it really can be read either way!
I think Kolakoski was using that wording to make it play like Kaemon Awa’s Quick Release.

Having bonding with Death Knights is pretty cool though.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 21st, 2018, 12:11 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

[Duplicate post]

Last edited by kolakoski; March 21st, 2018 at 12:42 PM.
Old March 21st, 2018, 12:19 PM

Well met!

I thought I made it clear that there was only one additional attack. The necessity of inflicting a wound makes the existence of a second attack unsure, to lower its value. Similarly, I intended Syravvis to be a stand alone Hero, to keep his cost down, so I’ll have to find another Personality for him. Is 120 the right price for him? Could I get by with 100?

Old March 21st, 2018, 12:59 PM

Well met!

Quote:
I agree with both the idea and Drow Assassin. We've also accepted and used the Templar Infantry (Dismounted) by Doc a long time ago (not technically SOV). We've also used Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs, and who knows what else on occasion, such as the Heroes of Fiction of Taeblewalker's group. Of course, some of these were for one time use in special scenarios. I imagine what you're after is a permanent list of cards you can draft for any of our games!

If we wanted to include Supers, we've used an awful lot of customs, from those of Grizhakh to many I've introduced by Drewmanchu, those of our own Sherman Davies, etc. Not to mention some of mine along the way (Go Monkey King)!
A list, but semi-permanent, for flexibility's sake.

Let’s leave out Supers for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
I think Kolakoski was using that wording to make it play like Kaemon Awa’s Quick Release.

Having bonding with Death Knights is pretty cool though.

I thought I made it clear that there was only one additional attack. The necessity of inflicting a wound makes the existence of a second attack unsure.

How much does such Death Knights bonding contribute to his potential cost? What if I make his Personality "Terrifying"?

Last edited by kolakoski; March 24th, 2018 at 10:04 AM.
Old March 21st, 2018, 01:20 PM

Well met!

So . . .

NAME = VIEREYL

SPECIES = DROW
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ARCHER
PERSONALITY = TERRIFYING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 9
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 120

Blood Arrow Special Attack
Range 7, Attack 3
If Viereyl does not inflict a wound with
Blood Arrow Special Attack, he may attack one additional time.

Each time Viereyl inflicts a wound with a normal or special attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-9, the defending figure receives no additional wounds from Giant Spider Venomed Arrows. If you roll 10-19, add one addtional wound marker to the defending figure's card, and roll again for Giant Spider Venomed Arrows. If you roll a 20, destroy the defending figure.

Cloud of Darkness
After taking a turn with
Viereyl, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, while he remains on that space,
Viereyl has no visible hit zones until you reveal an order marker.

P.S.: Submitted to SoV for feedback.

Last edited by kolakoski; March 21st, 2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old March 21st, 2018, 01:30 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Death Knights aren’t exactly the strongest thing ever, so you can probably leave him as a Relentless unit. You will need to test it out though.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 21st, 2018, 04:31 PM

Well met!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

NAME = VIEREYL

SPECIES = ELF
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ARCHER
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 9
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 120

Blood Arrow Special Attack
Range 7, Attack 3
If Viereyl does not inflict a wound with
Blood Arrow Special Attack, he may attack one additional time.

Each time Viereyl inflicts a wound with a normal or special attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-9, the defending figure receives no additional wounds from Giant Spider Venomed Arrows. If you roll 10-19, add one addtional wound marker to the defending figure's card, and roll again for Giant Spider Venomed Arrows. If you roll a 20, destroy the defending figure.

Cloud of Darkness
After taking a turn with
Viereyl, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, while he remains on that space,

P.S.: Submitted to SoV for feedback.

P.P.S.: Changed Species to Elf and Personality to Tricky. Thematically more interesting as an Elf raised by Drow, and Tricky as all Drow.
Old March 21st, 2018, 06:31 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I feel like the double attack with the possibility of an auto-destroy at the end is a little much here. This guy will have a decent chance to inflict two wounds on most heroes.

Otherwise pretty cool. Glass cannon for sure, the cheap Elf with +1 Defense is a must.
Old March 21st, 2018, 07:08 PM

Well met!

It's not quite Double Attack. No longer a Special Attack. Also changed his Species to Elf, and Personality to Tricky.

Character Bio: Viereyl hails from the forest planet of Feylund. He is the twin brother of Syvarris, stolen at birth by a Drow mid-wife, and given to Estivara, the Drow Arachnomancer, to raise as her own, where he became the finest archer in Drow recorded history, before he left the Drow demesne. He poses a formidable threat to his foes, though he may be his own worst enemy as well. The Drow's parting gift to Viereyl was the enchanted bow, Bloodseeker. Viereyl equips it with arrows dipped in Giant Spider venom. Yet for all of his mastery, Viereyl has an Achilles Heel: he must struggle against arrogance, recklessness, and a dangerous tendency to compromise his safety while showing off for his fellow warriors.

NAME = VIEREYL

SPECIES = ELF
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ARCHER
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 8
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 120

Blood Arrow
If Viereyl does not inflict a wound with his normal attack
, he may attack one additional time.

Poison Arrows
Each time Viereyl inflicts a wound, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-9, the defending figure receives no additional wounds from Giant Spider Venomed Arrows. If you roll 10-19, add one addtional wound marker to the defending figure's card, and roll again for Poison Arrows. If you roll a 20, destroy the defending figure.

Cloud of Darkness
After taking a turn with

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion